1. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official thinker™

Brazil
    The only concern i have with this is if they patched hardware-sided errors like the one sighax explores. Or even if they include something that can't really be CFW'd.

2. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    Oh well, they weren't kidding about the 3DS still being a pillar......but that means less games for Switch?

3. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Spain
    I just noticed something, where are the exterior cameras? :unsure:
    EDIT:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  4. J-Machine

J-Machine Self proclaimed Pog champion

Canada
    This is way better design than the first 2ds and looks like I will buy it. hopefully the battery life is better due to omission of 3d

Zense likes this.
  5. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official thinker™

Brazil
    I don't think there are any external cameras. I can only see the front camera which is in the same place as the DSi one (if i'm not wrong)

6. alljoj

alljoj Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    External cameras are on the bottom screen.

7. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Spain
    I think I saw them on the back of the lower part of the console, very close to where the cartridge slot used to be in the original 3DS models

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Anyhow, that's a very weird and uncomfortable ubication for the cameras

alljoj likes this.
  8. xBleedingSoulx

xBleedingSoulx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    There's been a distinct lack of decent 3DS games lately, this just seems like Nintendo trying to squeeze every penny out of dead hardware.

9. jmhannz

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    $10 says they all come dual TN

10. Philip3ds

Philip3ds GBAtemp Regular

[​IMG]

cvskid likes this.
  11. tbb043

tbb043 Member

United States
    They could have literally been printing money by keeping the NES classic in production for at least the rest of the year, instead more fucking around with a 2DS no one asked for.

DarthDub, Subtle Demise and cvskid like this.
  12. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

United States
    It's pretty sexy, honestly. A big step-up from the regular 2DS (which didn't look TOO bad, but still looked like a door stop). Kinda remind me of the Galaxy S8 because of the thinner bezels.

Not sure how I feel about the cartridge door (we saw how THAT went with the Galaxy S5), and the camera placement seems awkward. You never know, if could be better then expected.

I'll probably buy it, though. It's probably the nicest-looking DS console yet.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    iAqua likes this.
  13. Termer

Termer Fullstack developer

United States
    It looks sleek and all, but I have had my 2DS for a year, and I can tell you first hand that a 2DS is like adding insult to injury. It uses an o3DS processor, *and* it's 2D. Though this has a n3DS processor, it's still 2D, and I can't imagine that its workmanship is better than the o2DS. Plus, it will be out of stock within mere days, and its price will skyrocket, allowing the n3DS XL's price to drop. I honestly think it's more of a gimmick than the o2DS.

14. TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think they just butchered the whole marketing campaign behind the 2DS, but I'm ok with it. It seemed the 2DS was a low-end "child-proof" version intended for a younger audience. On the other hand, the new 2DS XL appeals as a low-cost "no frills" model for the budget gamer. I fall very solidly in the latter category, so I actually might consider this. I've always wanted a 3DS for the games, but I've never been much interested in the 3D feature and I just couldn't justify the cost.

15. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

United States
    I love the cartridge door. I usually go all digital and not having to keep a cart i there to prevent dust would be real nice. Plus if the door gives me easy access to me microSD, I'll take that hit.

16. TheTurkGamer

TheTurkGamer The biggest noob you will ever see

Turkey
    i bet its going to be on 11.4 sadly for hackers.

17. Vipera

Vipera Banned
    Banned

United States
    I hate it, for a few reasons:

- the 2DS was stupid if it weren't for the fact that was cheaper than the 3DS. Sure there is no 3D, but the 3DS came out with parental control to lock it. This 2DS XL is basically the same thing, except it's $150 instead of $200. Why would the n3DS still cost so much? Oh, right, the 2DS XL.
    - the design is so anonymous that 4Chan is blushing
    - with this thing out, everyone will forget about the regular n3DS, the one with cover plates. Believe it or not, I loved these and was hoping someone would eventually make custom ones. Not anymore now.
    - did they REALLY put the speakers where the headphone jack is???????
    - lastly, 3D support is going down the drain. Yes, I use it to play. Yes, I use it most of the time, unless the game does a very shitty job with the framerate.

Then again, this will help the greatest dual-screen handheld console to stick around for some more time. Hopefully something more than shovel-ware will come out for the system. Hell, maybe some n3DS/n2DS only games will come out and leave the o3DS to the dust.

Dionicio3 likes this.
  18. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    I'm gonna wait and see if this thing is susceptible to A9LH or not before I decide to purchase one. The design alone really makes me want one as I never use the 3D on my N3DS, and it's not awkward like the original 2DS. I have gigantic gorilla hands, and any 3DS that's not an XL variant is way too small and feels incredibly uncomfortable to play, especially the 2DS.

19. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Poland
    N3DS price value here is around $275 in conversion, so i'm happy that i will get something cool looking for once.
    If it's different in your country, then it will be even more different in another country.

20. ponygals

ponygals GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This screen size doesn't look as big as the 3DSXL's screen size. :/

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announces, Nintendo,