Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gaydrian said:
jalaneme said:
yeah that is the big question, games in the UK RRP will probably be £40+ at launch, nintendo have been doing that for ages on the DS, some DS games are still priced the same as console games 0_0
Where do you get your games? Harrods?

Regular games stores new games are usually £20-£35, Tesco usually have the latest for £30 at the most.

Hopefully they keep it region free as always so I can just carry on grabbing them from play-asia. Always stupid that I can get a new DS game quicker and cheaper by importing, been a while since I bought one though.

pokemon heart gold is £40 in gamestation the last time i looked, the price of a brand new ps3 game, yeah prices online are ok but in high street prices the prices will always be £40 for brand new games, even for £30 you could buy a ps3 game for that price.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.....

Given that 3DS was priced at a higher level, no doubt in my mind those games will be priced at a even higher level.

Going to wait and see until more detail came in. Pretty sure I'll wait for the second revision of this.

Also wondering if this thing will ever being hacked.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the HeartGold was that price because of the walker thing? I dunno, I lost interest in those games.

c_house

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally! Can't wait for March! That Picture Mii feature (made that name up) is pretty sweet. Definitely picking one up.
yaynds.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
this is looking like it won't be hacked! it looks really good and seems like a lot of time went into developing it.

i can't believe the power of it. i think ill wait on one until i get to see it up close and personal.

i would like to see what the game cartridges look like. you can barely see the slot in the videos. it looks like the shape of a CF card. They should have put it on microSD. that would be awesome.

Won't be hacked? Not likely.

Won't be hacked for a long time, enough for Nintendo to make a bajillion dollars*? Possibly.

*even though they would still make a bajillion dollars regardless

Guzzie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heres a more complete list of games as they appeared in the video

Kid Icarus,
Nintendogs + Cats
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Biohazard Revelations
Biohazard The Mercenaries 3D
(Something) chronicle (anyone care to translate?)
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Baseball game (by Konami)
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater
Paper Mario 3DS
Pilot Wings Resort
Mario Kart 3DS
final fantasy type thing (translation needed)
super monkey ball 3DS
Ridge Racer or some other racing game (translation needed)
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
Star Fox 64 3D
STEEL DIVER (submarine game based on original DS e3 tech demo ages ago
smile.gif
)) ) THIS ONE MAKES ME HAPPY
Animal Crossing 3D
Zelda Ocarina of Time

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They're not going to list the specs because the average Japanese person Just Doesn't Give A Fuck™.

Opium said:
I've added a picture of the 3DS's operating system to the first post. Interesting design. Not bad.I think it looks a little too windows-95-is-trying-too-hard-with-rounded-corners for me, hopefully the other color schemes won't be so ugly.

QUOTE(MeisterNo874 @ Sep 29 2010, 05:05 AM) No news about so called "REVOLUTIONARY anti-piracy system"?
tpi.gif
The average person Doesn't Give A Fuck™.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
Rock Raiyu said:
I believe there won't be friend codes for 3DS games which is why there is Tag mode. That's what I read from one of the blogs anyway.
Tag mode is local wireless. And wifi is a whole nother animal.

Did they mention anything about backlit buttons, or was it found to be false.
Yeah your right. I looked it up. It's for local, but 3DS uses Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for online. But does not mention friend codes.

Gwaith

Trophies
Website
www.die2nite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Chargers might work light the ones from Dealextreme where you basically put your regular charging adaptor in the back of the craddle to power it. So you could either use the craddle or unplug the charger and use it the regular Nintendo DS way.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is an AC adapter included and the 3DS has an AC port, so you likely just plug in the wired charger instead.

default2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It reminds me of the phat in a way. I hope there will be a revision in the future.
And yeah i do hope its get cracked too.

Kirah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks lovely!

300 is a bit much, I dont plan on buying it though untill a flashcart is released, games are going to be $50 without a doubt.

Im just hoping they will be able to make a flashcart, if not I dont think ill ever be getting the 3ds -_-

too poor to buy the games I want hahaa

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well this just gives Nintendo more time to make AAA title games because they are more familiar with the Nintendo 3DS then their competitors. Also its around that time when PKMN Black and White comes out *hint*hint*

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
$300 fucking dollars?!

What the fuck!?

I thought it was going to be $200

I will not buy a handheld device that costs the same price as a new next gen console

and Virtural Console?

this means we have to pay to play our old classics that we already on our new device?

sounds like what Sony is doing with Ps2 compatibility on the PS3

bullshit.

and everyone who is waiting so they can pirate on the 3DS is only hurting the exclusive fan-wanted games

just like when the PSP was hacked...many good games were canceled due to fears of not getting their monies worth

if the 3DS is hacked before its time...many good games and remakes that fans have wanted for years will become vaporware, shelved or even canceled

*I won't buy one...and when i buy one...it wont be because it was hacked...it will be because I have more money LOL XD

*but if the...uhm...games are $60-65 then maybe piracy on the 3DS woulen't be too bad heh heh

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
with the forced updates and "tag mode" being enabled all the time, you will be more watched than ever from nintendo. just something to think about before you jump in head first and buy this thing.

You can turn the WiFi off you know. You don't have to use it or tag mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1