jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SaddQ said:
I'm just gonna buy a DSi XL. Much better value for my money.

good decision, the 3DS is way too expensive for what it is, also VC support, why didn't they add original gb, gbc and gba support to the dsi lineup? stupid nintendo, i don't need gb gbc support, i have a gameboy advance.

CannonFoddr said:
janouis said:
how about the battery life?I agree - It'll be nice to know how long it'll last - especially with this 'always on tag mode'
QUOTE(BlueStar @ Sep 29 2010, 01:00 PM)
£180 or so sounds reasonable for UK launch, I'll pre-order it with a couple of games.
Erm... somehow I think it won't be that price - more like us in the UK will pay the same amount but in pound - i.e £300

As for the GBA/GB etc playing feature - I'm guessing that'll be 'online brought/downloaded' from a '3DSShop' & not stored onto SD card & copied over (unless it gets hacked).
So I think I'll wait until they come out in the UK & wait until we know if any flashcards work on it, I would guess the latest flashcards avaliable will only work in DS mode but whether the 3DS hardware (mainly the CPU/GPU than the SD/Camera) is avaliable in DS mode or not is something that'll need to be checked on

hmm thats what i think too, $300 = £300 for nintendo greedy buggers
frown.gif
expect a massive delay in europe aswell, we won't get it till late 2011 i bet, i don't think i will be buying a 3DS for a long time, i am well happy with my DSi xl atm.

also you need to consider this:

with the forced updates and "tag mode" being enabled all the time, you will be more watched than ever from nintendo. just something to think about before you jump in head first and buy this thing.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And here my money goes. Nintendo, why do you always make awesome things?
frown.gif

I still dunno what launch game to buy along it, though... Probably Ocarina of Time and a multiplayer-enable one.

...and maybe Nintendogs + Cats
ph34r.gif

Kithkarnon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo missed the sweet spot pricing for this handheld. I think you will find that sales will actually suffer a bit with the unit at this price point. And it also begs the question what are they going to charge for the games? If they want to sell the handheld for the same price as a Wii, then does that mean the games are going to be the same as Wii games - which there again is too much for a handheld sytem.

And to those who feel that the hardware is right for the price, keep this in mind. Nintendo has a habit of making a profit on the hardware rather than taking a loss like everyone else does. Now there is nothing wrong with making a profit, but one of the reasons companies justify game prices where they are is to help cover the costs of the hardware itself. Now if Nintendo prices games as per what we are paying for console games, then yes, they are being greedy.

At the price they are selling it for right now, I will pass on it. The gimmick of 3D is not worth spending the additional money on.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I get 2 times the kart style racing at launch, Mario Kart and Chocobo Racing 3D it is for launch titles. However I hope they will have launch titles for preorder coming December since I want the 3DS and the games preordered by the end of the year.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Bowser-jr said:
Cool, can't wait to get it. Are they region free like the DS, DSLite, and DSi? Will we be able to buy a Japanese one and change the language to English?
dsi is region locked when in dsi mode
Also, unlike the ds/lite, languages on the handheld are only for the region model you have (for example, european ones would have several languages where the jpn dsi just had japanese and the aussie dsi just has english)

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's just clever pricing by nintendo, prices can only go down so starting from a high price point will give them space to lower if sales decline. I doubted nintendo before but they constantly prove me wrong with insane sales figures. I bet these will sell out initially and when the time is right and sales begin to slow down, along will come a new revision lowering price of this current model, rinse and repeat and you have a money printing machine.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
jalaneme said:
good decision, the 3DS is way too expensive for what it is, also VC support, why didn't they add original gb, gbc and gba support to the dsi lineup? stupid nintendo, i don't need gb gbc support, i have a gameboy advance.
Not everybody has gameboy advance
mellow.gif
.Plus if you want to play gb,gbc, and gba games,you can do it on one console minus those cartridges.It's my opinion though.
Definitely getting it at day one,meh the shipping can be delayed here sometimes plus I need to find a reliable retailer.
angry.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The price should be around the price the PSP has cost when it came out here, so nobody should complain about this being too expensive and out of proportion. Furthermore, any word on the specs?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
mangaTom said:
jalaneme said:
mellow.gif
.Plus if you want to play gb,gbc, and gba games,you can do it on one console minus those cartridges.It's my opinion though.
Definitely getting it at day one,meh the shipping can be delayed here sometimes plus I need to find a reliable retailer.
angry.gif

not really because you are buying the games again to play on the 3DS, each to their own.

QUOTE(Kithkarnon @ Sep 29 2010, 03:04 PM)
Nintendo missed the sweet spot pricing for this handheld. I think you will find that sales will actually suffer a bit with the unit at this price point. And it also begs the question what are they going to charge for the games? If they want to sell the handheld for the same price as a Wii, then does that mean the games are going to be the same as Wii games - which there again is too much for a handheld sytem.

And to those who feel that the hardware is right for the price, keep this in mind. Nintendo has a habit of making a profit on the hardware rather than taking a loss like everyone else does. Now there is nothing wrong with making a profit, but one of the reasons companies justify game prices where they are is to help cover the costs of the hardware itself. Now if Nintendo prices games as per what we are paying for console games, then yes, they are being greedy.

At the price they are selling it for right now, I will pass on it. The gimmick of 3D is not worth spending the additional money on.

yeah that is the big question, games in the UK RRP will probably be £40+ at launch, nintendo have been doing that for ages on the DS, some DS games are still priced the same as console games 0_0

G

geenlung

mangaTom said:
jalaneme said:
mellow.gif
angry.gif

Also to add, not everyone has a GBA SP so the "backlight" (or just brighter screens) of the 3ds give a huge advantage. The bigger size of the 3ds screens also give an enlarged picture (assuming the game takes up most of the screen area).

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
£40 for a handheld game.......

Yeah if that happens then I'll likely be buying used games / importing. Also, this release gives me more than enough time to save up for a us dsi as well as this.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
249€ in most European Countries (if it will have the same Price like the Wii on startup)...a lot, but everyone will buy it, they could even take more, good marketing, good games and this will sell even better than every other console.

IGN Specs were correct, anyone some informations about that?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
yeah that is the big question, games in the UK RRP will probably be £40+ at launch, nintendo have been doing that for ages on the DS, some DS games are still priced the same as console games 0_0
Where do you get your games? Harrods?

Regular games stores new games are usually £20-£35, Tesco usually have the latest for £30 at the most.

Hopefully they keep it region free as always so I can just carry on grabbing them from play-asia. Always stupid that I can get a new DS game quicker and cheaper by importing, been a while since I bought one though.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
:yay3ds: i's seems kinda expensive. but i guess it's worth it with all those Amazing features and 3D games,movies ect. i'm going to wait a until the price goes down

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is looking like it won't be hacked! it looks really good and seems like a lot of time went into developing it.

i can't believe the power of it. i think ill wait on one until i get to see it up close and personal.

i would like to see what the game cartridges look like. you can barely see the slot in the videos. it looks like the shape of a CF card. They should have put it on microSD. that would be awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out