GBAtemp's vigilante
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Satoru Iwata says the company has learned its lesson.
by Jim Reilly

US, August 10, 2009 - President Satoru Iwata admitted during the Nintnedo's first-quarter financial briefing that the company didn't exactly put on a good show at this past E3.

"Honestly speaking, none of us at Nintendo thought that our presentation at E3 was as good as it could have been" Iwata said. "It is apparent that we could not fully convey the charm of our products."

Iwata continued on saying that demonstrations of Wii Fit and Wii Sports performed better on stage due to their uniqueness, while games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii didn't convey the game's "fun sentiment" during the media briefing. He says they're looking to improve this aspect going forward.

"Now we strongly feel that we need to look into finding a better way to demonstrate the products' appeal better at E3 in these times where more people are watching it online via web cast not only in the U.S. but all around the world, than the number of audience who actually watch it in the theatre," Iwata added.

"In that sense, we learned many lessons from this year's E3 show. After the media briefing, we had a domestic trade briefing in Japan. There we disclosed the black Wii console and red Nintendo DSi, which made a big buzz among game fans. It is also an important lesson for next year."

Iwata did not provide his thoughts on how Wii Music performed at the show, however. I wonder why?

source:IGN

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Showing that fashion DS title was the worst thing I've seen them do.

They should bring back Spaceworld but only show the stuff us gamers want. While I love Wii Sports/Resort as well as the Brain titles, their other "casual" titles are lacking so an all "gamers games" show would be great.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was very good in my opinion. But then again, that's only because they revealed so many awesome games (Golden Sun 3 anyone?). Compared to last year where they didn't show shit, E3 2009 was a great year for Nintendo.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeMoN said:
It was very good in my opinion. But then again, that's only because they revealed so many awesome games (Golden Sun 3 anyone?). Compared to last year where they didn't show shit, E3 2009 was a great year for Nintendo.
2nd this. (Cmon, it's fking goldensun3!)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DeMoN said:

Agreed, we sure got spoiled this time.
What will they bring next year, without looking they are milking there franchises. Zelda will be there, but what else?
Hopefully some more Fire Emblem games and a new Mario Kart for the Wii. I don't see that second thing happen though, but I would love it
smile.gif

Improved online play, improved battle mode, change the fucking annoying AI and more tracks (maybe a track editor + online downloadable levels?).
If they did that, I would buy that game!

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nosferadrian said:
Showing that fashion DS title was the worst thing I've seen them do.

They should bring back Spaceworld but only show the stuff us gamers want. While I love Wii Sports/Resort as well as the Brain titles, their other "casual" titles are lacking so an all "gamers games" show would be great.

Localizing Girls Mode was the worst thing Nintendo did, I don't think it will be so popular in the states although I did like the game. It's a complex non shovelware fashion game.

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I am also OK with this year conference, but we won't enjoy most of those announced titles until 2010... I mean (and for example) Metroid other M probably will come out till August 2010... a whole year!. Wasn't that title supposed to be announced at E3 2010? lol

So yeah, that's what I don't like from E3 Conferences in general (not only the Nintendo one).

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It only looked bad in comparison to Microsoft and Sony. Theres were really good. But Nintendo's conference wasn't bad. They showed Metroid other M, Super Mario Glaxy 2, Golden Sun, and New Super Mario Bros 2. All good games. But there was nothing they blew people away as much as natal. The only thing close was Metroid but it pales in comparison knowing theres still along wait.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
Vitality Sensor, anyone? Was it that ridiculous that it has already been forgotten?
Not really. I for one, am just glad that they won't make use buy a new Balance Board just for Wii Fit 2. That certainly is a lot less appealing than the Vitality Sensor.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E3 2008 Nintendo had their heads up their asses but in E3 2009 they did alot better than E3 2008. E3 2008 was the worst year for Nintendo.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I mean the only thing that surprised me as golden sun 3...i mean of course we were expecting all the other things...sort of. Their conference was jsut too bland for my taste, but it wasn't crap, it was much better than last years IMO.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Nintendo E3 conference was the most abysmal thing I have ever seen. Every year they have gotten worse and worse with their showings since the Wii launch and they have yet to have the huge impact of past years. Sure, the Wii announcement was cool and all, but the fad of it wore off pretty damn fast and they haven't really backed it with new games that are actually good. Let's admit it, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid have all been more of the same with some added waggle controls to make them seem unique when in reality they are still the same games as past installments.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Nintendo still (as in, since they've adopted the current jargon of "casual") striving to make their games seem fun?

People liked Twilight Princess, Super Mario Sunshine, and other games being shown because, in all due respect, they were awesome revelations. They didn't need to be made out to be good. They needed to be trumpeted throughout the rooms. And they were. Nintendo, wrong aim.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
Vitality Sensor, anyone? Was it that ridiculous that it has already been forgotten?

Thank you. Sure, they showed off some good games, but there was nothing outside of a couple of quick-peeks that really shined. Up against what Sony and Microsoft brought to E3 this year, the vitality sensor was such an oddball thing to put out there. And don't throw something so esoteric out there for folks to see without illustrating its benefits. It's a device that seems so far removed from gaming that it hit viewers with a thud without a visual aid to spark our imaginations.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Celice said:
Why is Nintendo still (as in, since they've adopted the current jargon of "casual") striving to make their games seem fun?

People liked Twilight Princess, Super Mario Sunshine, and other games being shown because, in all due respect, they were awesome revelations. They didn't need to be made out to be good. They needed to be trumpeted throughout the rooms. And they were. Nintendo, wrong aim.
...well, the thing is, their games are fun? They don't just look fun to play, they are fun to play. Mario Galaxy was a blast, and so was Twilight Princess...they make their games to be "fun," not just "hardcore."

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
We also now that Nintendo is trying to make casual gamers grasp onto the 'all-star' games like Mario, Zelda, and etc. What they should do is make another SSB game without the mediocre storyplot, add more characters we crave for and better online gameplay!

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
Saying this year's E3 was better than last year's is like saying cat shit is better than dog shit. If you ignore the announcement of 3 games (and it is obviously what they are) then the show was just rubbish, especially considering Microsoft and Sony actually had some awesome stuff to demonstrate. I do hope Nintendo learns from this experience and look forward to seeing something different next year!

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Anyone saying it wasn't that bad: You should've seen Xbox's conference and how they announced Natal. Nintendo needs big stuff like this, to be good. Also when Natal will come out i'm not sure what will be so unique about Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1