Nintendo Admits E3 Conference Wasn't All That

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by imz, Aug 10, 2009.

Aug 10, 2009
  1. imz
    OP

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    source:IGN

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I didn't think the presentation was that bad. But after all, I haven't seen much Conferences yet.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Showing that fashion DS title was the worst thing I've seen them do.

They should bring back Spaceworld but only show the stuff us gamers want. While I love Wii Sports/Resort as well as the Brain titles, their other "casual" titles are lacking so an all "gamers games" show would be great.

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    It was very good in my opinion. But then again, that's only because they revealed so many awesome games (Golden Sun 3 anyone?). Compared to last year where they didn't show shit, E3 2009 was a great year for Nintendo.

5. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    2nd this. (Cmon, it's fking goldensun3!)

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Agreed, we sure got spoiled this time.
    What will they bring next year, without looking they are milking there franchises. Zelda will be there, but what else?
    Hopefully some more Fire Emblem games and a new Mario Kart for the Wii. I don't see that second thing happen though, but I would love it [​IMG]
    Improved online play, improved battle mode, change the fucking annoying AI and more tracks (maybe a track editor + online downloadable levels?).
    If they did that, I would buy that game!

7. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Localizing Girls Mode was the worst thing Nintendo did, I don't think it will be so popular in the states although I did like the game. It's a complex non shovelware fashion game.

8. Gamer

Member Gamer DS Gamer

Mexico
    I am also OK with this year conference, but we won't enjoy most of those announced titles until 2010... I mean (and for example) Metroid other M probably will come out till August 2010... a whole year!. Wasn't that title supposed to be announced at E3 2010? lol

So yeah, that's what I don't like from E3 Conferences in general (not only the Nintendo one).

9. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Vitality Sensor, anyone? Was it that ridiculous that it has already been forgotten?

10. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    It only looked bad in comparison to Microsoft and Sony. Theres were really good. But Nintendo's conference wasn't bad. They showed Metroid other M, Super Mario Glaxy 2, Golden Sun, and New Super Mario Bros 2. All good games. But there was nothing they blew people away as much as natal. The only thing close was Metroid but it pales in comparison knowing theres still along wait.

11. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Not really. I for one, am just glad that they won't make use buy a new Balance Board just for Wii Fit 2. That certainly is a lot less appealing than the Vitality Sensor.

12. TrapperKeeperX

Member TrapperKeeperX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    E3 2008 Nintendo had their heads up their asses but in E3 2009 they did alot better than E3 2008. E3 2008 was the worst year for Nintendo.

13. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    I mean the only thing that surprised me as golden sun 3...i mean of course we were expecting all the other things...sort of. Their conference was jsut too bland for my taste, but it wasn't crap, it was much better than last years IMO.

14. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    The Nintendo E3 conference was the most abysmal thing I have ever seen. Every year they have gotten worse and worse with their showings since the Wii launch and they have yet to have the huge impact of past years. Sure, the Wii announcement was cool and all, but the fad of it wore off pretty damn fast and they haven't really backed it with new games that are actually good. Let's admit it, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid have all been more of the same with some added waggle controls to make them seem unique when in reality they are still the same games as past installments.

15. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Why is Nintendo still (as in, since they've adopted the current jargon of "casual") striving to make their games seem fun?

People liked Twilight Princess, Super Mario Sunshine, and other games being shown because, in all due respect, they were awesome revelations. They didn't need to be made out to be good. They needed to be trumpeted throughout the rooms. And they were. Nintendo, wrong aim.

16. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Thank you. Sure, they showed off some good games, but there was nothing outside of a couple of quick-peeks that really shined. Up against what Sony and Microsoft brought to E3 this year, the vitality sensor was such an oddball thing to put out there. And don't throw something so esoteric out there for folks to see without illustrating its benefits. It's a device that seems so far removed from gaming that it hit viewers with a thud without a visual aid to spark our imaginations.

17. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    ...well, the thing is, their games are fun? They don't just look fun to play, they are fun to play. Mario Galaxy was a blast, and so was Twilight Princess...they make their games to be "fun," not just "hardcore."

18. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    We also now that Nintendo is trying to make casual gamers grasp onto the 'all-star' games like Mario, Zelda, and etc. What they should do is make another SSB game without the mediocre storyplot, add more characters we crave for and better online gameplay!

19. Sir Spanky

Member Sir Spanky GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Saying this year's E3 was better than last year's is like saying cat shit is better than dog shit. If you ignore the announcement of 3 games (and it is obviously what they are) then the show was just rubbish, especially considering Microsoft and Sony actually had some awesome stuff to demonstrate. I do hope Nintendo learns from this experience and look forward to seeing something different next year!

20. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    @Anyone saying it wasn't that bad: You should've seen Xbox's conference and how they announced Natal. Nintendo needs big stuff like this, to be good. Also when Natal will come out i'm not sure what will be so unique about Wii.