Nintendo 3DS XL Rechargeable Battery Pack with Screwdriver

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Chrisssj2, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    http://www.firstsing.com/productdetail-2425.html

Does this website like worth a try?/ trustworhy?

I mean it's chinese origin or something I feel. And I search the internet and they sell NOWHERE a 3DS XL battery.

Only normal 3DS battery's.. well nintendo eshop sells XL battery but only to US/canada.

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    go on ebay

lol 3ds xl only does 500 charges
    i find that hard to believe
    unless there talking about there battery

3. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    That's cute and all but Ebay doesn't have anything! I type 3DS XL battery no results...

And about the 500 charges? I think that's not off I think I read in official manual somewhere that after 500 charge it contains down to 70% of it's original capacity.

For example if I don't search for XL I do find results on ebay.. or even in my local store for that matter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000mAh-3-7V-Rechargeable-Lithium-ion-Battery-Tool-Kit-Pack-for-Nintendo-3DS-/140811251606?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item20c9012f96

BUT THE NORMAL BATTERY DOESNT WORK FOR 3DS XL.

4. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand

That just looks like a replacement battery to me...

5. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Hmm ok, that's what I want? I want more battery for 3ds xl ..

Anywayz I just spoke to sale reprensentitive and she told me it was 3.55 per unit and 25 dollar shipping cost. LOL a bit different then the site claims.

6. Nuttyasafruitcak

Nuttyasafruitcak Nutter Extraordinare

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    What about the link I gave you in your other thread? I know it isn't a replacement battery but it can recharge yours on the go without having to stop playing and swap batteries.

7. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    I think the 5000 maH USB chargers are much better than the battery packs. I have one, and although I have only used it for my phone, I have the USB connector for the 3DS and tested it once and it works great. You can get them cheap too, from HERE only $17.40 shipped to the Netherlands. You could use it on many more devices besides just the 3DS XL, so it's a winner! :)

8. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I doubt it'll give you any more playtime than the built in battery. There's only so much power you can fit into so much space. Battery tech hasn't, as far as I know, advanced since the 3DS was launched.

9. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Hmm I'll check out that link! the MaH description is SO misleading as I hear the mah represented is often nowhere near close it.. so how to know if quality...

Also does the 3ds have USB? I don't think so... Only it's own power connection port

And nutty well, I don't know.. so you can charge live but still play? That sounds fine except when im "out" using my 3ds i have extra "baggage" Where do I leave this charger? is it small? Pictures don't say much to me. Can it fit easy in your pocket?

Btw im also buying a 2nd hand psp, so if this charger can do psp too i'd be awesome!!!

10. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
  11. Nuttyasafruitcak

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    That's it exactly :) It's about 4 and a 1/4 inches long, 1 and a 1/2 inches wide and 1 inch thick. It's very light and comes with loops/handles so you can attach it to a bag handle or something.

12. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Ok cool did you test out on yours yet? What about the right "charge" I think it's important to know if you are not under or overcharing your 3ds battery..

13. Nuttyasafruitcak

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    I've only tested it briefly, my battery will run out later though so I'll give it a proper test and let you know :) I have no idea about under or over charging it though.

I posted a couple of pics of it in the other thread btw.

14. retrodoctor

retrodoctor Banned

Banned
    Jul 26, 2012
    United States
    I just want to let you all know that none of these will work. If you could simply increase the 3DS' battery by swapping it out with one with a higher mAh, Nyko wouldn't have needed to make an entire pack.

15. Nuttyasafruitcak

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    Mine isn't supposed to increase the battery, it's to recharge it on the go.

It tested it properly last night, it ran out after a few hours and took the xl back up to 3 bars. I had the xl on for about half an hour then off for the rest.

16. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Hmm ok. Seems to work then. Only question is, does it degrade battery or is it the right charge..

I just bought a psp 2nd hand recently. So if I get something like this, it'd be nice if it support psp too.

17. Nuttyasafruitcak

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    I've used it about 5 times now on the xl and 2 times on my dsi and both still lose battery the same as before so I don't think it has done any damage.
    I would assume there would be lots of complaints about it if it did that.

I'm sure I've seen universal ones, I'll have a look for you.