Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doyama said:
Snailface said:
squirrelman10 said:
wow why are they showing the header wont nintendo be able to block that? it seems like SC is taking a leaf out of AK2i with same rom image, that prob means that either AK2i uses same header or a new header maybe they switched rom images
I don't think it matters, they're probably gonna reblock everything in May anyway.

I don't think the header they use actually matters either at least from the way I understand how the exploit works.

They iEvo might be harder to block since it's based on a save game exploit. It'll be interesting if Nintendo can find a way to block that one.
This is indeed true. Each ROM used in a bootloader has a separate (non savegame) exploit. Nintendo have no way to "generically" block these exploits, they need to have examined the actual bootloader. The header is not enough. Nintendo already check the header of every (older) game loaded.

And yeah, the iEvo should be hard to block, unless they check the "EEPROM" of the card to check for an exploited save. But they could probably get around that pretty easily. Because Nintendo could only block it by a blacklisted hash, so they just change it slightly and it'll work again. They couldn't block it by only allowing a "good" hash, because all saves are going to have a different hash, so that simply wouldn't work.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
freestile said:
Still getting to gripes with my supercard dstwo on my ds lite.
I want to get a 3ds though, so that will be good news if it works. Hehe
no doubt. Would be nice to see Imenu on 3ds, allthough I dont know if thats
possible . Either way still cool.
can't se why not... Since the DSTwo works on the 3DS (most probably only in 'DS mode' ATM) then there's no reason for iMenu NOT to work

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
RPG Hacker said:
Nintendo might have put in some kind of protection we don't know of yet.

Maybe PS3 (3.56) PSN kind of AP - run any code remotely when unsigned one found on the console
ninja.gif

FaceManPie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jalaneme said:
i really don't think so, do people realise that the 3DS has the power to update it's firmware automatically without your consent?

No they don't. At least, not in North America. If they did that, it is a breach of your rights as a Canadian or American citizen and is illegal which you could then take them to court. The hardware belongs to you to use as you wish, it is the firmware on it that is copywrite of Nintendo and thus they need your permission to do anything to your hardware using their software.

So don't worry.

Also, why do so many people not want the 3DS if it cannot be hacked? Man, back when I was 13 and the Gameboy came out, there wasn't hacking those carts to rewrite the flash in them for games. Don't get a system if all you're going to do is pirate for it. Yes, free games are great, but at least buy the ones you enjoy the most. That's why for my DSlite, I have about 5 games.

I do love my flashcart though.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Im pretty sure all the flashcard that work on DSi currently can work on the 3DS as well they just didnt have a japanese loader.

Its kewl that it works so my Ak2i and my SCDS2 will have other use but imo its not really an accomplishment. Im still wainting for some 3DS flashcart, but they still got plenty of time, its not even released here lol.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CarbonX13 said:
Expected it to happen sooner or later, but now I know my GBAtemp SuperCard DSTWO will work on the 3DS too! Can't wait to get my hands on one.
I'm right with you on that, i have the limited edition SCDS2 and I would've been sorely disappointed if it didnt work, which is highly unlikely knowing how well the supercard team works. Now we just have to be patient and wait for them to release it.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
princefarzan said:
I just hope I can update the firmware with a 3ds... Cause I might sell my DSi XL for trade in credit for the 3DS.
Did u get an original DS? that's what I'm doing, update the firmware on that since I can't sell it (the hinge bit broke, stupid DESIGN FLAW!) and then use it on a 3DS after that.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else hope someone develops a custom firmware for the 3DS like we have for the PSP? That way we could load homebrew straight from the SD memory card. And not have to worry about draining the battery with flashcarts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol