Homebrew Nintendo 3DS New Pokemon Edition

reckd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

That also does not work cause the browser is asking me to update NAG. Read first page posts but a good link !!

In the link somone also post's about the browser nag.
2ymzot1.png

Last edited by reckd,

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That also does not work cause the browser is asking me to update NAG. Read first page posts but a good link !!
Did you try this method? "This guide should work even if you have already had the browser nag (I know that I did). If it doesn't, you may need to do a system format (back up your data!) to be able to do this."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The time & date change thing doesn't work anymore (on either 10.7 or 11.0) you need to do the method in that reddit post

reckd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Part 1: Connecting to your router/phone
  1. If you are connected to any networks on your 3DS other than the router you plan on using, remove them from your 3DS.
  2. Now, create the hotspot on your phone if you are using it, and connect your 3DS just like you normally would, without any DNS.
  3. Now, set up the iptableson the device of your choice:
    • If you are using your router, you need to SSH into it now. On Windows, you can use something like PuTTY. If you are on Mac, you should be able to use ssh through the Terminal Emulator. On Linux, just run your shell of choice and use ssh as normal. You will connect to it by entering the local IP address of your router, and (usually) port 22.
    • If you are using your phone, open the iptables app you installed.
    • Once you have done one of the above, you will need to run the following command: iptables -I FORWARD -d conntest.nintendowifi.net -j DROP.
    • If this executes successfully (no output usually means successful), you can proceed to the next part.
Part 2: Using browserhax
  1. You can essentially do this like you normally would. Since the default browserhax page is down, you should use something like Plailect's mirror for it. I did this using the QR code, but entering the URL should work fine.
  2. Assuming everything went correctly, you should have entered the Homebrew launcher! If you are on 10.7, you should be able to follow Plailect's guide from here on out. Before that, skip to Part 5 of this guide.
  3. If you are on 11.0 and are interested in getting a DSiWare exploit game from the eShop (I believe only LoE remains, $7.99), or you would like to download a game from the eShop for an alternate secondary entrypoint to Menuhax, you need to go to Part 3. Otherwise if you are just interested in Homebrew for now, you can install Menuhax as per Plailect's guide, after going to Part 5 of this guide.
Part 3: Using ctr-httpwn
  1. Do NOT install Menuhax. If you did, you need to delete it. It is not compatible with ctr-httpwn.
  2. Run ctr-httpwn from the Homebrew launcher and install it.
  3. Once done and you are back at the Homebrew launcher, press Start and then reboot directly into the home menu. If you do a normal reboot this will not work and you will have to re-do Part 2!
  4. Open the eShop like you normally would. It may take some time (especially if you are hotspotting on your phone) to load, so be patient.
    • If after waiting for a long time you receive a connection error, re-do Part 2, then do Part 4, and then finally come back and retry Part 3.
  5. Download whatever titles you need for your exploit and install. Do not install updates to these titles if prompted.
  6. If you have done Part 4 at all before this step (in case of an error), re-do Part 1.
  7. Get back into the Homebrew Launcher by re-doing part 2, then proceed to the conclusion.
Part 4: Re-Allowing Access
  1. Now that we don't have to block Nintendo's stuff anymore, you need to remove the entry you created in iptables
  2. First, through whatever medium you were modifying, run the command iptables -L --line-numbers. You should get an output listing a bunch of rules.
    • If you are using the Android app to do this, you may need to clear the output screen between commands to see their output.
  3. Look for a line in the output which says Chain FORWARD. Below it you will find some forwarding rules. Look for the one with an IP that starts with 69. This is the custom rule we added. Remember the left-most number corresponding to the row of this rule.
  4. Run the command iptables -D FORWARD #, where # is the number of the row from the last step.
  5. Now you should be able to access everything without issues. You will still get nags from Nintendo stuff about updating and whatnot.
Part 5: Conclusion
  1. You should probably do Part 4 now. It isn't necessary for Android devices (probably, do it anyways though).
  2. If you are on 10.7, go ahead and downgrade. What are you waiting for?
  3. If you are on 11.0, you can either set up Menuhax (note that you will have to delete it and re-install any time you want to use ctr-httpwn), or set up a different secondary entrypoint (steelhax, basehax, etc) and sit tight while we wait for the release of Slowhax for downgrading. Whatever you do, do NOT update at this point. It's probably safer to just disable WiFi.

^^^This is really a hussle ^^^

plus im not gonne F my phone there for i need my work phone. I think its best to think about 11.2 cause im thinking the new method isn't going to be coming soon in these month's.

Plus think about to pay the 200$ for a capture card 3ds, its easy'er then all this hard mod's and nintendo make new way's to stick a fist in a bum and letting you know that the game isn't over.

All i want is to stream thats it. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by reckd,

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's a hassle, but it's the only method that works for browserhax. If you can't do this and don't have any other homebrew entrypoint, than you're not going to get into the homebrew channel

reckd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's a hassle, but it's the only method that works for browserhax. If you can't do this and don't have any other homebrew entrypoint, than you're not going to get into the homebrew channel

Then my fate is decided.

All hands on deck, 11.2 it is.

reckd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
121zivk.jpg
v2wvih.jpg
344tatt.jpg

It is done. No going back, i made peace with the gods !

O... And FAGGAAAAA YOOOUUUUU NINTENDO !!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-