• Total voters

Barti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which should I get; the transparant Blue 2DS or the Black new 3ds?

is there any major screen quality differences?
I really don't care about the 3D effect....

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I prefer non 2ds models for the obvious reasons. Being able to close the lid to keep dust and prints away and protect the screen and sleep mode, also portability. I also think the 2ds is a little ugly. If you don't care about any of that, then just get the 2ds as its cheaper.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
It appears from the videos and photos I've seen that the New 3DS models have a more vibrant LCD (I saw this with the XLs, cannot confirm on regular but those are probably similar too). Some games like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate are reported to look visually superior on the new hardware as well.

kdrihv.jpg

ipumuk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i had to make a similar decision a week ago when I was thinking about getting my first 3ds/2ds. initially i wanted to get a 2ds too because i did not care about the 3d effect and it was cheaper. then I found out that there will be a new version in mid February. after some investigation I decided to wait for the new 3ds XL.

the main reasons for my decision were:
- better hardware. cpu and gpu speed doubled. ram and vram doubled too. so there might be new games coming out in the future that you can not play on the old 2ds/3ds
- new buttons. c-stick + 2 extra shoulder buttons

so I basically decided to go with the future proof hardware. right now it probably does not matter whether you get a 2ds or a n3ds but future games might play more comfortably on the new console. or they can not be played on the old consoles at all.

btw: there is a nice comparision between all 5 consoles (2ds, 3ds, 3dsxl, n3ds, n3dsxl):

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: