Nintendo 2DS or New 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Barti, Feb 7, 2015.

?

2DS or New 3ds

1. 2DS Transparant Blue

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. New 3DS Black

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
  1. Barti
    OP

Barti Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2015
    Netherlands
    Which should I get; the transparant Blue 2DS or the Black new 3ds?

is there any major screen quality differences?
    I really don't care about the 3D effect....

2. Stang

Stang GBAtemp Regular

Dec 17, 2008
    United States
    New 3ds....the 2ds is an eye sore in my opinion.

3. YamiZee

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    I prefer non 2ds models for the obvious reasons. Being able to close the lid to keep dust and prints away and protect the screen and sleep mode, also portability. I also think the 2ds is a little ugly. If you don't care about any of that, then just get the 2ds as its cheaper.

4. Arnold Schwarzen

Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    It appears from the videos and photos I've seen that the New 3DS models have a more vibrant LCD (I saw this with the XLs, cannot confirm on regular but those are probably similar too). Some games like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate are reported to look visually superior on the new hardware as well.

[​IMG]

5. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    2ds sux

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    To solve the map puzzle in Zelda Phantom Hourglass on a 2DS you have to press the sleep button switch instead on close the lid and that's just wrong.

7. ipumuk

ipumuk GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2003
    Gambia, The
    Munich / Germany
    i had to make a similar decision a week ago when I was thinking about getting my first 3ds/2ds. initially i wanted to get a 2ds too because i did not care about the 3d effect and it was cheaper. then I found out that there will be a new version in mid February. after some investigation I decided to wait for the new 3ds XL.

the main reasons for my decision were:
    - better hardware. cpu and gpu speed doubled. ram and vram doubled too. so there might be new games coming out in the future that you can not play on the old 2ds/3ds
    - new buttons. c-stick + 2 extra shoulder buttons

so I basically decided to go with the future proof hardware. right now it probably does not matter whether you get a 2ds or a n3ds but future games might play more comfortably on the new console. or they can not be played on the old consoles at all.

btw: there is a nice comparision between all 5 consoles (2ds, 3ds, 3dsxl, n3ds, n3dsxl):