Ninokuni: The Another World DS TGS Trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may very well be the most ambitious DS game ever produced. Why do I say this? Let's go over the details-

- Developed by Level 5 (Dragon Quest IX) and Studio Ghibli (animators of Spirited Away and other award winning anime films)
- Hours of full voice acting and gorgeous hand drawn video animation, and a fully orchestrated soundtrack
- The first 4gigabit (512 megabyte) DS game, 256MB was the previous largest DS game size
- Classic Dragon Quest-esque RPG turn based gameplay, fueled by a magical story and gorgeous visuals and sound.
- Two worlds. One is Oliver's (the playable main character) reality, the other is a fantasy version of reality called Ninokuni

The TGS 2009 trailer-

The story is about Oliver, a 13 year old boy whose mother dies suddenly due to unexplained reasons (as of yet). A toy he was given by his mother comes alive and reveals itself to be a fairy. The fairy tells Oliver that it may be possible to bring his mother back to life, if he can enter a magical alternate reality world called Ninokuni. The fairy gives Oliver a book that lets him enter Ninokuni, where he meets alternate reality versions of friends and people he knew from his world. This book apparently also serves as a gameplay means to give the player hints about the world and a bestiary which may hold tips for beating monsters. It can also be used to draw runes on the touch screen, at least one of which is drawn in order to make the door between reality and Ninokini. A magical and charming premise indeed.

This game is coming to Japan next year sometime (2010). No word of a US release, but I see no reasons it shouldn't. And if it doesn't come, I'll be very ticked off.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the animation and everything else looks really nice. I have a feeling this won't get released in the US though. A 512mb game will probably have a really expensive price tag on it that most people won't buy. I'm guessing 40$ if it were released in states. It's a shame though.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
THSI IS FUCKING AWESOME. I knew it would be awesome since it was first announced.

Thank you gran for all this updates... i used to take note of its news a lot and even made a thread for it, but too lazy nowadays
tongue.gif
It will be awesome. But we will have to see if its really that good in gameplay instead of just looking at these awesome beyond awesome animations.

I still think its good. Better have a locallisation, I want to buy it with that awesoem book
biggrin.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
jgu1994 said:
I love the animation and everything else looks really nice. I have a feeling this won't get released in the US though. A 512mb game will probably have a really expensive price tag on it that most people won't buy. I'm guessing 40$ if it were released in states. It's a shame though.

$40 ?? Thats nothing! It is just 287 Swedish Crowns (SEK)... and Basically all DS games sell for about 399 - 449 SEK here... and 449 SEK is $62... prof layton 1 is that expensive... pokemon diamond, pearl, ranger same price... so $40 being an expensive game?! I wonder what it would be here then :S

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow the trailer's looking amazing. Is this based on an anime? My girl love the people who made spirited away.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OH. MY. GOD. Just look at the animation and that charming, mysterious aura everywhere. That's why I love all the movies from Studio Ghibli. The gameplay-graphics seem top-notch as well.

I need them to make an english version. They can leave the voice-acting in japanese, subtitles are fine. Just, please, do us the favor and put english in this amazing game so we can enjoy it as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk