Nightmare Busters Pre-Order

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Mar 22, 2012.

Mar 22, 2012
  1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG]

Nightmare Busters is a new original SNES Homebrew, released on an actual cart. Described as "a masterful run and gun game for the Super Nintendo", it is being sold at $68 in the US and $75 worldwide. The original print run was doubled to 600 units and sold out in just under 3 weeks! The team has mentioned that their are no current plans for a second release, but it remains a possibility.

[​IMG] Source[​IMG] Homepage

2. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    I don't know how I feel about having fingers crossed for a ROM dump right in the main post. (See Pier Solar for the Genesis for example. Not only is it a challenging game to dump, but the emulator authors refuse to support it.) When a group of people invest this much time, effort and money into producing a game on an original cart, it's a real slap in the face to ask for a ROM.

Anyway, there already is a ROM out there. This game was unreleased, these guys got the rights and have finished it. Pretty sure it made it into Nintendo Power around 1995 or so as well.

[yt]e4T_Xk0z-eM[/yt]
    [yt]5Nsm-jOY8zM[/yt]

3. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    "The game, to be released in 2013, may be put back into production at some point after the initial 600 copies have been shipped."

its that line that has made almost everyone i've talked to desire a dump of the complete game. the collectors i've been talking with (although mostly virtual boy and other rare collectors) seem to agree that if it is never dumped that the carts will sell for much more than they are worth, making it harder for those that didn't grab the pre-order to have the opportunity to experience the game. i'm sure with how successful this was, assuming it was cost effective, that they will do a second run of the game. but i still would like to see a rom dump at some point in the future, or be able to dump it myself so that i can play it on a variety of handhelds and not just on a snes.

anyways, point taken, edit made.

-another world

4. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There's a ROM of this current cart? All I'm seeing is the Unreleased ROM that was passed around back in '08.

5. invidente7

Newcomer invidente7 Advanced Member

Mexico
    Okay, there's a longplay of this game somewhere on youtube, and just at the very end it's explained WHY it's called Nightmare Busters

Oh there it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOFcpOfOVs

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    there is i found it, played it for a couple of hours than deleted it. the game isn't worth $68 in the US and $75 worldwide! :lol:

7. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Alright thanks for the info. I'll continue looking for this particular ROM.