Translation Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a little status update: we are currently at a little over 40% with the initial translations and the existing translations so far should technically work in-game, but most of it still needs proofreading, editing for consistency etc.
As for images, we have the initial translated versions ready for just over 75%. Nonetheless, the remaining images will take a little bit more effort and we have to keep looking out for images that are off somehow or possibly incorrectly made.

The bottom line is, we have made great progress, but it's a big project with a whole lot of text, fantasy/witty names that need to get worthy localisations and a ton of images and technical tidbits that all need to play nice together. It takes time to get this done, but it's fantastic how far we've come in the last couple of weeks!

And WooHyun, you will have to patch the game once the patch comes out, so you will need a digital version of the game to do so. So either with a flashcart or emulator.
No problem, dude. Just keep up the good work!
Looking forward to seeing this thing in the future :DD

Zkarts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

have been following this for a while now.
Are you still looking for Photoshop artists or testers?

Cheers,
del
Thanks for the interest, but we're not currently looking for any more team members. Should that change for some reason, I will post here again :)

Zkarts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't wait to play this translation!
Keep up the good work guys! :)
Have you thought of starting a kickstarter of some sort?
Thanks, we will keep doing our best :)
And no, we're not doing a Kickstarter. We're doing this as fans of the game and plan to release this for free (and we're also not allowed to make money off of this due to copyright stuff anyway).

Pranay

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm looking forward to someone doing a walkthrough of the translated version soon..as this version wont work with my copy..

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, we will keep doing our best :)
And no, we're not doing a Kickstarter. We're doing this as fans of the game and plan to release this for free (and we're also not allowed to make money off of this due to copyright stuff anyway).

Oh fair enough, yeah makes sense.
keep up the good work! :)
how far in are you guys?

JRR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I would love to help out with the photoshop requirements. I have a graphic/interactive design degree from a European school plus computer science and game design certifications from Harvard and MIT.
I love Ni no Kuni and again, would love to help out!

Zkarts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Strange. For some reason I'm not getting email updates about the thread anymore. In any case:

how far in are you guys?
On page 7 I made a little update, but I'll throw that into my original post as well :)

We're making steady progress and we've got a big pool of people to tap from to get the work done, so we're not looking for new people anymore. Nonetheless, thanks for all your enthusiasm!

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been monitoring this thread for a while now, very pleased to hear about your progress. I can't imagine translation such a text-heavy game.

I'm good with image manipulation so give me a shout if you ever need the help. I'd kill to play Ni No Kuni DS in English.

Speaking of killing, please don't let this project die. Let the community help if it ever comes to that. Godspeed!

Zkarts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you guys going to post monthly translation reports?
We weren't really planning on a monthly update or any specific timing, although I did intend to update the percentages in my first post every now and then, but I didn't really get around to that just yet.
We do have initial translations finished for seven of the areas the game is divided into, but the proofreading and editing is still underway for those.

Last edited by Zkarts,
Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk