ROM Hack NFTR Editor

q8fft

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.2DQ8.com
XP
Country
New suggestion if this possible about Offset, change all Offset in one click.
because some game have -Offset Minus number.

just wonder.
unsure.gif

thanks.

Wastor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your program is great DarthNemesis!

I have a request for your program. I'm spanish and I need add special characters like "Á", "É"... For a beauty view, I change character map's propieties increasing height value. But I have a problem, with each pixel added to height, game's text takes down in the same number of pixels...

So, if you can add to your program an option to move all character map x pixels (down/up), I'd be grateful.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wastor said:

I have a request for your program. I'm spanish and I need add special characters like "Á", "É"... For a beauty view, I change character map's propieties increasing height value. But I have a problem, with each pixel added to height, game's text takes down in the same number of pixels...

So, if you can add to your program an option to move all character map x pixels (down/up), I'd be grateful.
I'll look into adding something like that, but in the meantime what you can do is export, open it in Paint, move all the characters up one pixel, fill in the grid with the tile background color, and re-import the image.

Wastor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
Wastor said:

I'll look into adding something like that, but in the meantime what you can do is export, open it in Paint, move all the characters up one pixel, fill in the grid with the tile background color, and re-import the image.

Yes... it's a solution, with photoshop and index the image is easy. thks
wink.gif

insider92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DarthNemesis, thanks for your tool

You know how to add new characters to the mapping table? Or you can give any information about the NFTR format?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
insider92 said:

You know how to add new characters to the mapping table? Or you can give any information about the NFTR format?
QUOTE(DarthNemesis @ Oct 8 2008, 02:13 PM) There are three types of CMAPs:

0) Contains a base code, a base tile index and a count n. Assigns n codes to tiles in ascending order starting from the base.
1) Contains a base code and n tile indices. Assigns each tile to a code in ascending order starting from the base.
2) Contains n codes and tile indices. Assigns each pair individually.

SecretChao428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
insider92 said:

0) Contains a base code, a base tile index and a count n. Assigns n codes to tiles in ascending order starting from the base.
1) Contains a base code and n tile indices. Assigns each tile to a code in ascending order starting from the base.

Question, will this be added to a future update of the editor, given that it seems you have put this program on hold and I need to know if it will be avalible on the next release in the near Future,

Also some what off topic question, is this editor also going to have capablities of Compressing Fixed-Width fonts used like in the SNES releases of Dragon Quest 5, 6, and 3, any time soon?

Thanks.

q8fft

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.2DQ8.com
XP
Country
Hello DarthNemesis, i have some suggestions for new future update
smile.gif

1- add select all (ctrl+A).
2- add scale ex. (optional).
90070211.png

3- support more NFTR format.

fix:-
1- when i press "show desktop" nftr editor have crash but i can continua
http://www.shorttext.com/mu78lmt

thanks.
yaynds.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SecretChao428 said:
DarthNemesis said:
insider92 said:

Question, will this be added to a future update of the editor, given that it seems you have put this program on hold and I need to know if it will be avalible on the next release in the near Future,

Also some what off topic question, is this editor also going to have capablities of Compressing Fixed-Width fonts used like in the SNES releases of Dragon Quest 5, 6, and 3, any time soon?

Thanks.
It's an NFTR editor.
SNES games don't use NFTR font format.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi i have a question about the NFTR file format especially how to get the mapping value

My problem is that because of NFTRedit i know that i have a character on the mapping value 5352 but if i look into the table of the NTFR (should be at the end if i´m not wrong) i can´t find this value because from 532A it goes directly to 5396 !?
QUOTE said:
00021BC0 F2 03 10 53 F3 03 15 53 F4 03 16 53 F5 03 17 53 ...S...S...S...S
00021BD0 F6 03 19 53 F7 03 1A 53 F8 03 1D 53 F9 03 20 53 ...S...S...S.. S
00021BE0 FA 03 21 53 FB 03 23 53 FC 03 2A 53 FD 03 96 53 ..!S..#S..*S...S
00021BF0 29 04 98 53 2A 04 9A 53 2B 04 9F 53 2C 04 A0 53 )..S*..S+..S,..S
00021C00 2D 04 A5 53 2E 04 A6 53 2F 04 A8 53 30 04 A9 53 -..S...S/..S0..S
00021C10 31 04 AD 53 32 04 AE 53 33 04 B0 53 34 04 B3 53 1..S2..S3..S4..S
00021C20 35 04 B6 53 36 04 BB 53 37 04 5F 54 82 04 68 54 5..S6..S7._T..hT
00021C30 83 04 6A 54 84 04 70 54 85 04 71 54 86 04 73 54 ..jT..pT..qT..sT

DarthNemesis can you explain how i get the mapping value please
smile.gif

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
My problem is that because of NFTRedit i know that i have a character on the mapping value 5352 but if i look into the table of the NTFR (should be at the end if i´m not wrong) i can´t find this value because from 532A it goes directly to 5396 !?
You're looking in the CMAP2 section at the end, but there are 3 CMAP0 sections and 14 CMAP1 sections before that. 5352 is part of the fifth CMAP1 section, which spans the character range 532F to 5384. I explained the difference between CMAP types a few posts above.

SecretChao428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
SecretChao428 said:
DarthNemesis said:
insider92 said:

Thanks.
It's an NFTR editor.
SNES games don't use NFTR font format.

Well seeing you are not happy at me because I may have a disablity I have you do not like, I wanted to make notes that rendering custom NFTR files through Crystal Tile, they won't work on NFTR Edit here is the reason, and it could be a improper table reading issue as well as a checksum problem,

An item with the same key has already been added

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at NFTRedit.CMAPChunk.ReadBody(BinaryReader reader)
at NFTRedit.Font.Load(BinaryReader reader)
at NFTRedit.MainForm.OpenToolStripMenuItemClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

That means it can not read custom NFTR files on any version of Crystal tile, unless custom ASM can add the header that reads it.

And if you are still not understanding me or are upset, take it with Ace Gunman, since he is not that friendly at me eaither.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SecretChao428 said:
That means it can not read custom NFTR files on any version of Crystal tile, unless custom ASM can add the header that reads it.
Post a font that doesn't work and I'll take a look at it.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome tool
tongue.gif

some questions... i've been playing around with a certain game, and it seems to print an extra pixel per letter in some situations and not others. e.g. my characters are set to, say, on average, 5 width, 1 offset, 5 next offset. in some situations, the letters are sandwiched together, and in others, they're spaced nicely with one column between letters. which is the default behavior (for width equal to next offset)? will this be a game-specific issue i'll need to track down using a debugger, or is there some simple font-based solution i'm overlooking? it seems width is only used to determine how many columns to print for a given character, not for spacing, and offset shouldn't matter as long as it's the same value for every relevant letter.

additionally, is there an NFTR file spec or something? i'd like to write a program or something to batch replace these values instead of having to click on each individual tile and type in the values.

and finally, an error i got using the latest (1.3) version:

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '3' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
ÂÂ at NFTRedit.MainForm.PropertiesToolStripMenuItemClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

this was for a REALLY tiny font that's 3x7.

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu