Next Level Games confirmed to be developing Mario Strikers: Battle League Football

2x1_NSwitch_MarioStrikersBattleLeagueFootball_image1600w.jpg

A new entry in the Mario Strikers series was announced at this month's Direct, but the presentation didn't make it clear who would be developing the new title.

However, a new listing on the Australian classification database lists Next Level Game as its developer. Next Level Games has thus far been the only developer to work on the Mario Strikers series, so fans can hopefully expect a similar level of quality in this entry, especially since the series has been dormant since the 2007 title Mario Strikers Charged.

While Nintendo's acquisition of Next Level Games last year may have implied a new Mario Strikers game developed by the studio, Next Level has also worked on a number of other Nintendo properties, including the Luigi's Mansion series and the 2009 Punch-Out!! title on the Wii.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a decline in good quality soccer games so it's good to see a new Mario Strikers on the way.

FIFA? Meh.
eFootball? Wtf.

The only one left is Captain Tsubasa (plays similarly to PES which is a good thing).

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, here we go, it's sports time!
This kind of games are fun with friends, local multiplayer or online, but by myself, i could only do a couple of rounds before i get REALLY bored..

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so today I learned that outside of the us and japan nintendo apparently feels the need to specify that it's soccer in the title...alrighty then

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice i hope it's got handheld control's also cause i bought mario tennis on switch and the co-op need a joy con and stuff....

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, here we go, it's sports time!
This kind of games are fun with friends, local multiplayer or online, but by myself, i could only do a couple of rounds before i get REALLY bored..
I was able to enjoy the Wii iteration by myself a lot. I can't say that for any other sports game.

Reactions: CoolMe

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But... Mario Strikers is soccer, not football...
Except in just about every English speaking country outside the US and Canada where soccer is called football. And association football (organized soccer) is older than America's hand egg game.

ImNotTails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new entry in the Mario Strikers series was announced at this month's Direct, but the presentation didn't make it clear who would be developing the new title.

However, a new listing on the Australian classification database lists Next Level Game as its developer. Next Level Games has thus far been the only developer to work on the Mario Strikers series, so fans can hopefully expect a similar level of quality in this entry, especially since the series has been dormant since the 2007 title Mario Strikers Charged.

While Nintendo's acquisition of Next Level Games last year may have implied a new Mario Strikers game developed by the studio, Next Level has also worked on a number of other Nintendo properties, including the Luigi's Mansion series and the 2009 Punch-Out!! title on the Wii.

:arrow: Source
not to be a little greedy gremlin but what if we got a new punch out in like 2024

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over