69.6%
  2. Xbox Series X

212 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. 697 voter(s)
  1. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Nah, I'd say 18-34 is very much the target demographic of Sony and Microsoft. They let Nintendo and mobile gaming have the younger audience mostly to themselves.

That said, Microsoft is reportedly going to launch a much less expensive and less powerful "Series S" model alongside or shortly after the launch of Series X, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sony does something similar. The power of PS5 and XBSX is really kinda overkill for anyone who wants to stick with gaming in 1080p.

mightymuffy likes this.
  2. wiitendo84

wiitendo84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My wife wants the xbox. I'm getting the ps5. So it's just when we get them.

3. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    This is very true, and even extends to 4K to a good extent: Nearly all the people I know now have a 4K TV, but mine is (I think) the only one that can do HDR in gaming mode (and that's just an example)... the majority of people who are buying 4K TV's are obviously buying entry-level ones, and why not: it's like me going to a posher restaurant and looking at the wine list - descriptions are useless to me, I'm just gonna buy the cheapest as I'm no connoisseur and it all pretty much tastes the same :lol: This is where the 'Series S' might just make a killing as frankly the games will look just as good on an entry level 4K (and of course, 1080p) using that as they will on Series X using the same TV!
    AND, I might add, this is the EXACT reason why Xbox One X production has stopped, as that will be pretty much the same thing (until previous gen support stops in a couple of years) too. My One X is going to my bedroom TV once I buy the Series X, and while my bedroom TV is an entry level 4K as well (living room being more 'mid-range'), I have a sneaking suspicion I won't be able to tell the difference between the 2 consoles myself...

4. seany1990

seany1990 GBAtemp Regular

Why is there no "Alpha chad gets laid 24 hours per day pc master race" option?

banjo2 likes this.
  5. frankGT

frankGT GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    None!

Beast PC and Nintendo console for me.

Rafciu likes this.
  6. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    If by "entry level" you mean [email protected] FPS, Series S might be capable of that with some upscaling, but it'll look decidedly less "next-gen" considering that texture resolution will still be capped at 1080p. The difference in performance will be far more noticeable for sure, though the gap at 4K won't be as wide as the gap at 1440p.

7. BraveDragonWolf

BraveDragonWolf Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was actually saying what people would say about which is better.

"Oh Xbox has more ram and runs at 60 FPS. Playstaion has more gigs and higher resolution and runs at 60.9 FPS."

I'm like whatever dude...

8. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm going with Xbox Series X. Sony has a lot of strikes against them with me.

ikds, Goku1992A and Prans like this.
  9. GbaNober

GbaNober GBAtemp Regular

personally i'm not concentrated too much on the console, but the Games :rolleyes:

Prans likes this.
  10. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    ...Oops, I also forgot to mention screen real estate :lol:, many of my friends are sporting a 42" or similar in their living rooms, from which they're sitting the usual 9-10ft away, and I was talking entry level TVs, not consoles: LG's UM range ain't exactly on a par with its CX range is it.. Plus I'm quite sure the Series S will manage [email protected], particularly on 1st party titles still supporting the Xbox One for the forseeable - you run that on an "entry level" 43 inch LGUM TV and it'll look pretty much identical to the Series X running it at 4K on the same TV...

11. SilverWah

SilverWah GG Xrd Rev 2 best game period.

Netherlands
    I'm sticking with PC as I mainly play and practice my fighting games nowadays and I'm bummed out with the fact that PS5 doesn't have 2 USB 2.0/3.0 ports on the front compared to PS4 and PS3 models.
    Kinda nessecerily for when locals are a thing again... Let's hope they have some ports on the back.

12. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    In my experience many console games that have local multiplayer don't have the same feature in the PC version.

I'm eager to hear if new Halo supports 4 player splitscreen on PC.

If not, then the XsX (or maybe Lockhart) is still a buy for me.

It will be somewhat controversial to say this on gbatemp, but Japanese produced story driven games just don't interest me. This pretty much sums up almost all PS exclusives.

ikds likes this.
  13. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

United Kingdom
    Personally, at launch i wont get either. But will probably end up with both eventually. I have almost every major other console ever released so...

BUT... tbh each looks like more of the same crap we saw on on PS4 & XB1, which was, for me, THE worst console gen ever. Sequels, sports and remakes pretty much sums up gaming for the past few years. i got my XB1 on launch day and still to this day only own 3 games for it.... PS4 only became fun when it was first hacked..... I know im probably going to take some stick for this but i also think the Switch has been a major let down when it started out with so much promise. Seems to have had the same fate as the Wii, got very popular and then bogged down with shovelware.

Its one Nintendo console i don't see myself pulling out of the cupboard in future years for a bit of nostalgia the way i do my SNES or Gamecube....
    I will be interested in where Ninty go next tho... Id love to see a gimmick-less home console from them again at some point.

14. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    I want to get both at launch. But I'll probably hold out for a ff7 ps5 because we all know it's going to happen. So xboxsex it is. Might even be able to play slime rancher at 60fps.

Prans likes this.
  15. omegasoul6

omegasoul6 ಠ_ಠ

Canada
    Probably going with the Xbox Series X this gen, and a mid-gen refresh Switch for Japanese games that don't make it to the Series X.

The PS5 simply looks hideous in a way where I just don't think I can make it even remotely look like it fits in anywhere in my setup.
    Plus Microsoft really just seems to give more of a shit about my past purchases with them (Backwards Compatibility, Smart Delivery).

I do plan on picking up a redesigned/slim PS5 at some point if it doesn't look nearly as horrible as the current model however, pretty much just for Demon's Souls.

16. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

United States
    SEGA!!!!!!!
    Well, I'm feeling nostalgic for the days of old and just have a backlog 20 miles long of video games I haven't played, so at the end of the day probably neither; Don't even think I have the room anymore, but with the stimulus check and all I'll probably go for the least expensive. Still, only have a 1080p display, so 4K/8K(Sony) doesn't really appeal. Hopefully, the consoles can output in 480p and I'll just use one or the other for my CRT computer monitor through a VGA converter. currently watching Netflix this way on an Xbox 360. The picture is better on the 17" curved glass than any 80" 4K OLED in my opinion. True blacks with an actual depth because of the tube. If looks are everything because I heard another person state this then it's my Gateway monitor and Apple Powered Speakers from 1993 that are going to do the talking for looks rather than Sony's console with ears or Microsoft's love letter to the world of 'hardcore' minimalism design.

17. pickinanameainteasy

pickinanameainteasy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    PS5 but I'll probably get it a year after release just cuz I'm still playing through ps4 games

18. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Like how all three Borderlands games have local co-op for consoles, but not for PC? ;)

Obveron likes this.
  19. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

United States
    Series X, just because it's a straight upgrade from my One X that I currently use.
    Ah, the third generation where this has been said. Tried and tested.

ikds likes this.
  20. CORE

CORE 3:16

United Kingdom
    A PC with Restricted Access to Hardware with no Exclusivity A PC I already Own with Full Access to Hardware I will Pass Thanks Literally XBOX Game Pass.

PS5 Obviously Looks Good like a Games Console and has Exclusive Awesome Games and if it true about Backwards Compatibility all the better.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, Series,