Hacking Next card

eliwood440

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I've had an Edge for a while, its getting a tad old at 5 years.

So, the question is, which card should I get next that has good compatibility with most games, saves well without corrupting saves, and has decent customization to it?

Thanks, Eliwood

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
eliwood440 said:

So, the question is, which card should I get next that has good compatibility with most games, saves well without corrupting saves, and has decent customization to it?

Thanks, Eliwood
Wrong thread mod lock please.
please post here http://gbatemp.net/f40-nds-flashcarts-and-accessories

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you mean Mod move, not Mod lock. Anyway, AK2i has excellent ROM Compatibility and is regularly updated with AKAIO whilst still being very much affordable. The super card dstwo, although Pricier has GBA and SNES emulation and equally great ROM compatibility then the Acekard. (Arguably better ROM Compatibility at times).

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Moved
smile.gif

syneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Acekard2i, DSTwo, and CycloDS evolution. Each has it's own pros/cons for me. I'm new to flashcarts and here is my opinion from 2-3 days with them.

Acekard2i with Akaio 1.7.1 runs great. Editing the ini I can set specific files and folders to not be shown. It lets create shortcuts to folders (check roms). I like the variety of options for lists to be displayed. There are probably tons of customization option that aren't shown in the settings.

CycloDS was pricey. It doesn't work on DSi, but I have a lite. MicroSD slot isn't spring. Might not seem important, but being new ti carts it's a little harder to work with. The menu is a little too simple, but has some cool skins that take advantage of the 3 icons. RTS has to be activated individually for each game you want to use it on. Random option for skins. There are probably some more pros, but hard to say compared to the other two. Not bad, yet I wouldn't recommend it or buy another.

DSTwo is also great. I think the default skins are ugly, but has more that can be skinned. Chrono Trigger skin is pushing this to be my fav. It also plays Pokemon B & W without a problem (so far), so that says something about it's compatibility. I can't seem to figure out how to switch rom list to show game names instead of file names if it's possible. It has lots of plugins available and i think you can make custom plugins. The real time menu is very nice.

http://gbatemp.net/t217593-the-which-flash...get-info-thread

I'd say Acekard2(i) for cheap or DSTwo if you can/want spend a little more.

tehnoobshow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eliwood440 said:

Thanks, Eliwood
buy an acekard 2I or a scds2
they are the best cards out there they are basically the same except scds2 has a wider diversity of
features and has better rom compatibility. I have both of these cards i recommend acekard 2i
as it cheaper and one of the best carts out there but if u want something that has extra stuff but a bit
pricier then go for the scds2 because it is the best cart ever just got mine yesterday.....
frickin amazin

hope that this helps

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually recommend EZ-Flash Vi, it offers decent amount of customization (features, not skins).

I find that Acekard 2i and SCDS2 are somewhat limited in terms of customization.

Believe me, EZ-Flash Vi is an underrated flashcart. Do look into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their...