Hardware [News] YesOJO Switch Dock Projector Open for Pre-Orders on IndieGogo.

Will you get it?

• Total voters

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The YesOJO Switch Dock Projector is now on IndieGogo! It's a dock projector. And a speaker. And a power bank. You can play your Switch anywhere in docked mode, at upscaled quality and FPS, and it looks pretty good. And when you're not using your Switch, you can connect any HDMI-enabled device to project that too! It projects a 30-120 in. display at 200 lumens, which is actually pretty good if you know anything about projectors. It's like playing on a TV without color correction. It's good, but it's not as good as a professional projector, obviously. But look at the size of that thing! And it's packed with a 20,400 mAh battery. And a 8Ω 5W Speaker (I have no idea what that is!). The retail price will be $428 USD, but the Super Early Bird Pack is $299 USD, so if you wanna grab one, better get it now. The official website is http://yesojo.com, and their Twitter is http://twitter.com/user/ojoprojector where they're always updating us.

Official Blah Blah Features said:
OJO: World’s First Projector for Nintendo Switch
-Mini-projector -Beams a high quality 30-120 inch display at 200 lumens
-Power bank -A 20,400mAh built in rechargeable battery, take and project your Switch anywhere
-Dock -An extra Switch dock which you can connect any device to via HDMI
-High Quality 8Ω 5W Speaker -Boost the Switch’s internal speaker with High-Quality audio

So what do you guys think? Are you gonna buy it, or is it not worth it?

Last edited by aykay55,

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Indiegogo campaign
- 480p output
- WTF is wrong with the gif in that page?!!

The concept is nice, but yeah...no. Never

If you want to burn money, have fun!
Well c'mon guys, this is the first product by the company. Obviously there are going to be some flaws. Alot of flaws. Think of the price of a good projector is over $1000 and they're big and bulky.

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well c'mon guys, this is the first product by the company. Obviously there are going to be some flaws. Alot of flaws. Think of the price of a good projector is over $1000 and they're big and bulky.
And now? Is it a excuse if i create something and its like 5 years old technology?

The sad thing is, people see "Switch Projector" and press the support button 10 times.
(Btw, "big and bulky": amazon.co.uk)

But really, what the f*ck is going on with that gifs?!
http%3A%2F%2Fres.cloudinary.com%2Fhrscywv4p%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fc_limit%2Cfl_lossy%2Ch_9000%2Cw_1200%2Cf_auto%2Cq_60%2Fv1%2F1230859%2Fgif5%25E6%2596%25B0%25E6%2596%2587%25E4%25BB%25B6_2_qk257y.gif

Reactions: Tumoche

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
First product is not an excuse, seriously.
Can't really trust a company who can't even make a proper gif on their page. OK, people fuck up sometimes, but they aren't even bother fixing it. How can we trust some people who can't even clean their own mess.
480p is unacceptable when you're trying to use it for the modern games like SMO, BOTW, etc, it will just become some blurry pixelated mess, especially when it is scaled for the big screen. It may be though, if you're playing ACA NEOGEO games or Street Fighter II retro graphic, but are you seriously gonna shed $200+/400+ just for that?
And...it's an Indiegogo campaign, 'nuff said. First product or not, they have the option to use Kickstarter, which have a better track record, more secured and safer for backers, and they chose not to.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Great idea, but 480p... Anyway, looking at the price, we can't expect better resolution (I don't know what are the prices for that kind of projector today, but 6 years ago you would have to pay around 400$ just for a 480p mini projector)

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say that in front of someone who ACTUALLY knows anything about projectors, if I were you
I didn't mean the quality was good when being compared to a real projector, but it was okay because:

1: It's a personal projector and you won't project it anywhere but a wall at your friend's house, and the projection wouldn't be larger than ~60 in.
2. It's so small and cheap that the quality is justified. I know 200 lumens isn't necessarily good, heck I would even say it's bad, but again, it's a small, cheap, personal projector.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And now? Is it a excuse if i create something and its like 5 years old technology?

The sad thing is, people see "Switch Projector" and press the support button 10 times.
(Btw, "big and bulky": amazon.co.uk)

But really, what the f*ck is going on with that gifs?!
http%3A%2F%2Fres.cloudinary.com%2Fhrscywv4p%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fc_limit%2Cfl_lossy%2Ch_9000%2Cw_1200%2Cf_auto%2Cq_60%2Fv1%2F1230859%2Fgif5%25E6%2596%25B0%25E6%2596%2587%25E4%25BB%25B6_2_qk257y.gif
Now look at the price. Double. Yes, it is better, but it's expensive.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We spoke about a 1000$ projector and that these are "big".
Im to lazy to find something else right now. Prob. on aliexpress are projectors that are much better...
Well yeah I get that, but even that projector won't be considered 'good quality'. There will be lag and other crap, but it's a personal projector, it doesn't matter. But it isn't as good as one over $1000.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Would probably be sold if they managed even 720p, that is Switch's screen resolution without any extras after all, but nope. I'd just as soon carry around a 1080p flatscreen monitor, which can be had for like $100 - $150. If this was an issue anybody needed solved, that is, and it isn't. There are screens everywhere you go, and all you need is your dock to hook Switch up to most of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc