News on SSD upgrades? For series s

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any? I plan to attempt to buy a 2tb 2280 run it through cloning software tape it with kapton and call it a day but have been seeing that Ms patched this.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There were adapter from China but not sure if Microsoft patched it, you may as well just buy the seagate 2TB expansion if you want 2TB.
I highly doubt it if it was hardware-based. You can buy those cheap adapters from eBay or Ali than forking out a WD or Seagate expansion, then again, you need to buy the M.2 sticks which can range for $50 bucks or more.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a 2280 with a Phison e19 controller, it’s not patched yet, you just need the correct drive. The MSI Spatium M450 also works and is a standard NVME you’ll need an adapter that will fit it, the adapters can be junk, sometimes have to take it out and plug it back in. I don’t know of any 2TB drives that work.

Reactions: Hayato213

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a 2280 with a Phison e19 controller, it’s not patched yet, you just need the correct drive. The MSI Spatium M450 also works and is a standard NVME you’ll need an adapter that will fit it, the adapters can be junk, sometimes have to take it out and plug it back in. I don’t know of any 2TB drives that work.
So it's the chip controller causing them to not work specifically with 4x4 inside cloned software, like say taking the main 2230 drive A and trying to clone it with a new 2TB 2280 and cloning it in Mini partition or something. I'm just tired of constantly moving game files. The Seagate expansion card is still $150, don't care that much about it to spend that much. Or even if 1tb is just the main boards storage limit because those models don't exist really.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's the chip controller causing them to not work specifically with 4x4 inside cloned software, like say taking the main 2230 drive A and trying to clone it with a new 2TB 2280 and cloning it in Mini partition or something. I'm just tired of constantly moving game files. The Seagate expansion card is still $150, don't care that much about it to spend that much. Or even if 1tb is just the main boards storage limit because those models don't exist really.
Yes, it seems to be the actual Phison chip locking the compatibility down, it’s sounds like there has been varying success with other drives, but I personally can not confirm this. My expansion using a drive with the Phison chip has never stopped working with any updates. I am curious what drive the Western Digital C50 expansion is using. If you are in the US Target is clearing out the Seagate Expansion on clearance, 1TB for $69 and 2TB for around $108, they are hard to find but are still out there at some stores.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY