Hacking [NewHax] Frogminer - 100% FREE B9S cfw - 11.8 - US / EU / JP

Did Frogminer work for you?

• I tried it and it worked!

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • I tried and no success : (

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I'll only try it if it's added to Plailect's Guide (no hack is official if it's not in the Guide)

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • I didn't do Frogminer because I'm a cat and I don't know how =^.^=

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • I haxed my 3DS before the Frog cometh

Votes: 122 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sigh well thanks anyways you guys im just a freaking idiot apparently again thank you guys for the help
We all make mistakes. I have bricked multiple 3dses for a multitude of reasons. ‘Twas not a problem to help, atleast you know the answer now and HOPEFULLY wont make the same mistake again.

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all make mistakes. I have bricked multiple 3dses for a multitude of reasons. ‘Twas not a problem to help, atleast you know the answer now and HOPEFULLY wont make the same mistake again.
most likely i wont because it the only 3ds im ever getting

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww, that sucks. The ONLY one you are getting. Well, atleast this one still plays retail games, right.
yeah i guess

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can i still install cfw with other options besides frogminer like a flashcart

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i uninstalled it because i had no other option. i looked everywhere online none seemed to help. so that was my only idea
I'm not sure how you missed the big warning at the top of the uninstall-CFW page which tells you to not uninstall CFW
upload_2018-12-11_18-39-50.png
i honestly dont care about my save files anymore
You can recover your savefiles if you want. Did you format your SD card? Because that's where the saves are stored.
can i still install cfw with other options besides frogminer like a flashcart
Yes you can use ntrboot if you like

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-11_18-39-44.png
    upload_2018-12-11_18-39-44.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 140

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how you missed the big warning at the top of the uninstall-CFW page which tells you to not uninstall CFW

You can recover your savefiles if you want. Did you format your SD card? Because that's where the saves are stored.

Yes you can use ntrboot if you like
believe me i saw that warning and it appeared to be that i was the only one who encountered this problem so i didnt know what else i couldve done other than to uninstall it

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CodyWGamer

PM me your address, I'll send you a cart preflashed with NTR. You'll have to provide your own magnet though ;)
are u joking lol

are u joking lol
if you are serious then can you prove to me that you do have a flashcart and if you do have a flashcart then i will pm u my address and if u are serious then thank you very much and you have my full most respect. i also do have my own magnet

Last edited by CodyWGamer,

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
are u joking lol

if you are serious then can you prove to me that you do have a flashcart and if you do have a flashcart then i will pm u my address and if u are serious then thank you very much and you have my full most respect. i also do have my own magnet

By all means :)

See attached. It'll be coming from the UK, so can't guarantee it before Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_20181212_163931.jpg
    IMG_20181212_163931.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
Reactions: CodyWGamer

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1 more thing if ds mode is bricked can i still play dsiware games and play ds games on flashcarts
If DSiWare was still possible, you could also do Frogminer/Seedminer. Flipnote Studio is (free) DSiWare.

TWL_FIRM loads:
  • retail DS cards (and flashcards pretending to be retail DS cards)
  • DSiWare
  • the DS version of "Download Play"
  • the DS version of "Internet Settings" and "User Settings"
Sadly the only remaining way is ntrboot to install cfw and repair the DS-mode.

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If DSiWare was still possible, you could also do Frogminer/Seedminer. Flipnote Studio is (free) DSiWare.

TWL_FIRM loads:
  • retail DS cards (and flashcards pretending to be retail DS cards)
  • DSiWare
  • the DS version of "Download Play"
  • the DS version of "Internet Settings" and "User Settings"
Sadly the only remaining way is ntrboot to install cfw and repair the DS-mode.
Wait it IS possible to unbrick DS mode!?
because a friend of mine is giving me a flashcart
last edit how can i unbrick it lol

Last edited by CodyWGamer,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait it IS possible to unbrick DS mode!?
because a friend of mine is giving me a flashcart
last edit how can i unbrick it lol
It is a stupid situation. You need the DS mode to install cfw (Frogminer) and you need cfw to repair the DS mode.
With ntrboot you can break out of this circle, but keep in mind: You can't do "Flashing ntrboot (3DS Single System)" to get ntrboot onto the flashcart with the bricked DS-mode. You need another (2/3)DS(i) system. As soon as you have B9S/Luma there is this:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting#dsi--ds-functionality-is-broken-after-completing-the-guide

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a stupid situation. You need the DS mode to install cfw (Frogminer) and you need cfw to repair the DS mode.
With ntrboot you can break out of this circle, but keep in mind: You can't do "Flashing ntrboot (3DS Single System)" to get ntrboot onto the flashcart with the bricked DS-mode. You need another (2/3)DS(i) system. As soon as you have B9S/Luma there is this:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting#dsi--ds-functionality-is-broken-after-completing-the-guide
god damnit lol well i do have a dsi but that's going to be tricky because my dsi pretty much died lol as in it's old also does the dsi or 3ds need cfw first as well?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
god damnit lol well i do have a dsi but that's going to be tricky because my dsi pretty much died lol as in it's old also does the dsi or 3ds need cfw first as well?
You need any DS system that is able to boot the flashcart you have/get. Some (older) carts are blocked by the 3DS/DSi firmware. Just as an example: The Acecard 2i will not work on an (unhacked) 3DS with a firmware higher than 4.3.0 and not on a DSi with 1.4.5 (latest).

If you can play games/start *.nds ROMs with your (ntrboot compatible) flashcart on a specific console, you can use this console to flash ntrboot. A modern flashcart will work on any (2/3)DS(i), modified or not.
There is a nice list for this: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

In the worst case: It can't be that hard to find/borrow a DS-lite for this.

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need any DS system that is able to boot the flashcart you have/get. Some (older) carts are blocked by the 3DS/DSi firmware. Just as an example: The Acecard 2i will not work on an (unhacked) 3DS with a firmware higher than 4.3.0 and not on a DSi with 1.4.5 (latest).

If you can play games/start *.nds ROMs with your (ntrboot compatible) flashcart on a specific console, you can use this console to flash ntrboot. A modern flashcart will work on any (2/3)DS(i), modified or not.
There is a nice list for this: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

In the worst case: It can't be that hard to find/borrow a DS-lite for this.
unless you're poor lol which i am but also i'm getting a 3ds/dsi 2015 dual-core r4 card

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just realized tho i still have my backup sysand lol also apparently even without CFW I still have zoogie's dsp firm dumper hidden deep somewhere on my 3ds lol don't know how it's still there but it is lol

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE DEC 10
Works with firm 11.9.0-42!

After about 8 months of Seedminer's existence, I thought it was a good time for a sale. So here you have it: a completely free variant of Seedminer called Frogminer! Yes, the name is silly but this is not a joke!

https://jisagi.github.io/FrogminerGuide/
(thanks to Eip, Kuma, and Jisagi of Nintendo Homebrew Discord for putting this guide together)

Q&A
Q: How is this different from Seedminer?
A: It uses homebrew to inject a new dsiwarehax game (Flipnote Studio) into a DSi system title instead of an eshop DSiware. This allows it to be free of charge.

Q: DSi System Title? Can this brick?
A: No, the title we use is DS download play and it is completely non-essential, like the Health & Safety app. You could delete DS dlp and the 3DS wouldn't care. Still, you can easily restore DS dlp after Frogminer with the included Frogtool.3dsx.

Q: Wait, this isn't in the Plailect Guide, how can we trust it?
A: It is in the Plailect Guide now!
https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(frogminer).html

Q: Why is "Frog" in the name? That frightens me.
A: Because the Flipnote Studio mascot is this little fella:
View attachment 145000
And now, by proxy, he is the mascot of Frogminer (with Lenny's blessing). ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vuln explanation:

https://screenshots.firefox.com/xTZXmUY31Vodzv0f/www.3dbrew.org
(from https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws)
Credits:
(see bottom of the Jisagi Guide above)
Source:
https://github.com/zoogie/Frogminer
( ^ this is the source code, not the guide, do NOT follow the instructions there.
users should click the enormous link above center for instructions)

is it possible to make a version where we can use flipnote studio 3ds in the future maybe? my ds mode is bricked and i was and idiot and uninstalled cfw and didnt know what else to do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks