Hacking RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

juancava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
One thing, I've installed everything and it is working fine (except when I put to many files in the nsp folder). But when I launch payloads->Reinx, it boots but then when I select album, it launches the album normally, so I don't know how to enter the homebrew channel. Is there anything that I'm missing?

Thank you very much.

aizen007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
One thing, I've installed everything and it is working fine (except when I put to many files in the nsp folder). But when I launch payloads->Reinx, it boots but then when I select album, it launches the album normally, so I don't know how to enter the homebrew channel. Is there anything that I'm missing?

Thank you very much.
did you try holding R button while selecting album?

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Thank you very much.
It was fixed in v9.0.4 - You're using something outdated

Reactions: tiliarou

juancava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
should i be worried about the text display issues in tinfoil 2.1?
I was using tinfoil, but since it was not reliable because you didn't know what were installing (and specially when deleting tickets), I changed to devmenu until everything is fixed in tinfoil.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was using tinfoil, but since it was not reliable because you didn't know what were installing (and specially when deleting tickets), I changed to devmenu until everything is fixed in tinfoil.

What do you mean not know what you're installing?
You mean not verifying if it's a real game?

Oracleofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason after updating to the v9.0.4 SDFiles from 8.1 I'm no longer able to put my Switch into sleep mode. it just turns off (and goes into RCM because i have AutoRCM). I boot into atmosphere from hekate 4.2. I just copied over everything from 9.0.4 onto my sd card and overwrote existing files. There really isn't anything else special or out of the ordinary I did. did I do something wrong or does anyone know what's going on? Or is this an atmosphere issue? I'm on 5.1.0 if it makes any difference.

EDIT: it does seem to be an issue with atmosphere as i did a quick test reverting just atmosphere back to the SDFiles v8.1 incarnation (replacing the modules and the ini that redirects to newfirm on my sd card) and sleep mode works fine. not sure what you can do about this on your end, but at least we know that there seems to be at least some incompatibility with the latest pack on 5.1.0, unless i am a massive fail and messing something up.

Last edited by Oracleofire,

juancava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
for some reason after updating to the v9.0.4 SDFiles from 8.1 I'm no longer able to put my Switch into sleep mode. it just turns off (and goes into RCM because i have AutoRCM). I boot into atmosphere from hekate 4.2. I just copied over everything from 9.0.4 onto my sd card and overwrote existing files. There really isn't anything else special or out of the ordinary I did. did I do something wrong or does anyone know what's going on? Or is this an atmosphere issue? I'm on 5.1.0 if it makes any difference.

EDIT: it does seem to be an issue with atmosphere as i did a quick test reverting just atmosphere back to the SDFiles v8.1 incarnation (replacing the modules and the ini that redirects to newfirm on my sd card) and sleep mode works fine. not sure what you can do about this on your end, but at least we know that there seems to be at least some incompatibility with the latest pack on 5.1.0, unless i am a massive fail and messing something up.

I started using SDFiles with 9.0.3 version, and I've been able to put my switch in sleep mode no problem, both using normal atmosphere and with Layered FS. I'm also on 5.1.0. The only think that is not working properly is the hblmenu in nsp format, that it's not working in atmosphere.

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since I always forgot to hype you guys up on GBATemp

https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/milestone/3

;)

Here a paint roadmap:

xTnIw9I.png

Last edited by tomGER,
Reactions: Nastas95

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,
does/will v10 include atmosphere 0.7.1? and if possible with the kip/es patches?

edit: I see sdf fork has been updated to 0.7.1.
thanks for maintaining it and to all testers.

edit:
I wanted to update atmosphere from sdfile v9, not sure if fusee-secondary.bin (4MB) replaces exosphere.bin (45kB), it seems too much different.
I didn't do it and will wait for your v10.

Last edited by Cyan,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to update atmosphere from sdfile v9, not sure if fusee-secondary.bin (4MB) replaces exosphere.bin (45kB), it seems too much different.
I didn't do it and will wait for your v10.
Nope, Fusee Secondary is the 2nd stage of atmosphere’s bootloader and Exosphere is Atmosphere’s custom trustzone, afaik the only way to get the laterest version of Exosphere is by compiling Atmosphere’s source code

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks. I found a compiled version of exosphere for 0.7.1 here with kips. I wonder why it's not provided in the official release if it's part of the compiled files.
I suppose the payload hekate should boot is fusée-primary.bin (payload limited to few KB), which loads the fusée secondary stage from sd root, instead of using "atmosphere=1" in the ini now that we have real payloads. I'm still learning all the hekate ini layout. the ini example on hekate github is outdated.

I suppose it's advised to wait for sdfile v10 to get a working setup and be sure we don't mess things up.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw