Hacking RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This fixed the game loading bug!!!! there was a bug that games would not load after homebrew

Just noticed this too, wondered if it was related to the new sdfiles. After homebrew rocket league took 10-15 seconds to launch but it worked, and DK Tropical Freeze loaded instantly.

Now I basically don't need to power down the switch :D

Reactions: tomGER

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just noticed this too, wondered if it was related to the new sdfiles. After homebrew rocket league took 10-15 seconds to launch but it worked, and DK Tropical Freeze loaded instantly.

New sdfiles.zip. There was a hbl commit at May 9 that fixed that.

Reactions: tomGER and Ty_

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This fixed the game loading bug!!!! there was a bug that games would not load after homebrew

New sdfiles.zip. There was a hbl commit at May 9 that fixed that.

Oh man, between the SNES and VBA emus running near perfect now, not having to worry about sleep mode, and now rarely having to go through RCM, this is awesome. Insane how fast the community has moved on this

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh man, between the SNES and VBA emus running near perfect now, not having to worry about sleep mode, and now rarely having to go through RCM, this is awesome. Insane how fast the community has moved on this
Wait to see the nice auto boot I'm preparing. With in-hekate configuration and all.
After that you just need a tiny dongle or an android with a small adapter to get the job done.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the "Clear Log " the nx-dreport thing? I've been wanting to delete the report in case I update in fear of getting banned.

yakuza8702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You can easily do that by changing the hekate-ipl.ini to other locations. That was actually how I had my SD structured for the longest time but since the hekate-5x sdfiles.zip didn't make use of a folder for the modules I changed that for the public release in order to make it easier to replace the old files with my version

does that mean by putting the hekate-ipl.ini to "ex:homebrew folder" all the file atmosphere and sdfiles will be read in homebrew folder that i created?

t34p075

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied the SD files to my card but the homebrew channel says there are no homebrew apps available to launch...did I do something wrong? New to Hekate...

BakerxXxFiona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait to see the nice auto boot I'm preparing. With in-hekate configuration and all.
After that you just need a tiny dongle or an android with a small adapter to get the job done.
Will you make a new thread about this? Does the Appstore.nro in this sdfiles.zip supposed to work by goin online and is 5.1 ofw required? right now i have airplane mode on and havent been online with my switch since March

NVM figured it out.

Last edited by BakerxXxFiona,

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Add this to your collection
It's the latest hb-menu with the touch support PR.

I thought about adding it but since it was still discussed and not merged held back. I tested in yesterday before going to sleep and think it's stable enough. I will add it once I'm back home so hopefully in around 7-8 hours-ish :)

I copied the SD files to my card but the homebrew channel says there are no homebrew apps available to launch...did I do something wrong? New to Hekate...

Make sure your SD is not called "switch" - Else format it FAT32

Will you make a new thread about this? Does the Appstore.nro in this sdfiles.zip supposed to work by goin online and is 5.1 ofw required? right now i have airplane mode on and havent been online with my switch since March

NVM figured it out.

Yes, it needs that to download stuff

does that mean by putting the hekate-ipl.ini to "ex:homebrew folder" all the file atmosphere and sdfiles will be read in homebrew folder that i created?

No, you edit the file itself to "kip1=folder/loader.kip1" for example and it would redirect to ./folder/loader.kip1 in that case

Is the "Clear Log " the nx-dreport thing? I've been wanting to delete the report in case I update in fear of getting banned.
Yup it is

Last edited by tomGER,
Reactions: hudhair

t34p075

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your SD is not called "switch" - Else format it FAT32

Wouldn't you know...that's EXACTLY what I called it. I'll try that later, thanks.

Another issue I'm having-the wifi seems a bit unstable. Is that normal with Hekate? I'm not getting online with the Switch anyway, but wanted to use FTPD to copy roms over to it and can't seem to keep the connection.

Also, anyone know if there is an N64 emulator available for Hekate? I know Lakka supports it but it gave me battery issues last time I booted that...

Last edited by t34p075,
Reactions: TheLemonLord

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't you know...that's EXACTLY what I called it. I'll try that later, thanks.

Another issue I'm having-the wifi seems a bit unstable. Is that normal with Hekate? I'm not getting online with the Switch anyway, but wanted to use FTPD to copy roms over to it and can't seem to keep the connection.

Also, anyone know if there is an N64 emulator available for Hekate? I know Lakka supports it but it gave me battery issues last time I booted that...

Wouldn't say the wi-fi issue is normal. I use FTPD a fair bit and haven't really experienced connection issues (aside from it being a bit slower than I'd like).

AFAIK they're waiting on OpenGL support for normal homebrew before N64 emulation can work.

t34p075

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK they're waiting on OpenGL support for normal homebrew before N64 emulation can work.

Thanks for the update. That’s what I’m waiting for...well that, and Dolphin (I KNOW it’s a long shot but a guy can dream right?)

Reactions: Ty_

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the update. That’s what I’m waiting for...well that, and Dolphin (I KNOW it’s a long shot but a guy can dream right?)

Considering you can run Dolphin on an Android phone, I don't think it's that much of a stretch. It'll take time no doubt but considering we live in a world where the Wii U and 3DS can be emulated to run flawlessly at 4K, I won't be surprised when it happens.

And yeah I'm stoked for N64 emulation, especially if it gets full multiplayer support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: damn @SylverReZ , when the last time you seen and felt grass? +1