Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
metroid4life14 said:
RainbowIE said:
Yoshi Athletic Theme (Newer Remix)

laugh.gif
After the intro, in the third bar, you use a triplet trill to transition into the 4th bar. You should make that note either an octave higher or just get rid of it altogether. It sounds a bit strange the way it is. Great work though!
Hey, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Triplet trill? What timestamp?

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RainbowIE said:
metroid4life14 said:
RainbowIE said:
After the intro, in the third bar, you use a triplet trill to transition into the 4th bar. You should make that note either an octave higher or just get rid of it altogether. It sounds a bit strange the way it is. Great work though!
Hey, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Triplet trill? What timestamp?
Happens at 0:10 and 1:23, with a similar variation at 0:27. Listening again, I realized that I actually just have a problem with the triplet rhythm. If you make it a true trill, like a really quick one, it would sound fine. But raising the octave is meant to transition better into the main melody.

You could also think about adding a triad into the fourth measure. That would sound pretty neat if you do decide to keep the triplet rhythm.

nesler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jd345 said:
you think i can help with Chill-Char Cove? on World 8-7, all it is, is a rollercoaster like level, i can get a few ideas on some

There is no Chill-Char Cove. That was someone's suggestion for renaming worlds that are already named.

Raffy209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about the rest of you, but I think "Chill-Char Cove" sounds catchier and more clever than "Freezeflame Volcano." It's not like the names have been programmed into the game already. But then again, it's not my decision.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
metroid4life14 said:
I like Chill-Char Cove. It sounds more mario-esque. And it's an alliteration
smile.gif

Funny thing is, 'freezeflame' was actually used in a Mario game and that wasn't. And probably won't be.

tooquick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the idea of the mini-mega mountains level, I thought the tiny mario suit was underutilized and can't wait to try it out in newer SMB. I do have a question though, are you going to be able to "retag" the game file, since a lot of people use usb loader if it wasn't changed we would have to take off the original New Super Mario Bros.

Raffy209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
metroid4life14 said:
smile.gif

Funny thing is, 'freezeflame' was actually used in a Mario game and that wasn't. And probably won't be.
That's even more reason not to use the name. Chill-Char just plain sounds better, and it sounds like thought was put into it, rather than having the same name recycled from a previous Mario game.

Oh, and:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Chill_%27n%27_Char_Island
It's technically a Donkey Kong game, but point is, the name has been used before, since that's apparently a major criteria for the world's names. Also, not all the other names were used in Mario games, which makes me wonder where you were going with your point.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Raffy209 said:
skawo96 said:
metroid4life14 said:
smile.gif

That's even more reason not to use the name. Chill-Char just plain sounds better, and it sounds like thought was put into it, rather than having the same name recycled from a previous Mario game.

Oh, and:
It's technically a Donkey Kong game, but point is, the name has been used before, since that's apparently a major criteria for the world's names.

First, you say we shouldn't use it because it was used before in Mario game. Then you say we should because it was used in Donkey Kong game.

Facepalm.jpg.

Also, not all the other names were used in Mario games, which makes me wonder where you were going with your point.

Simply - how does Chil-Char cove sound more Mario-y than Freezeflame, seeing how Chil-Char wasn't used and Freezeflame was?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Oh, and:
It's technically a Donkey Kong game, but point is, the name has been used before, since that's apparently a major criteria for the world's names.

First, you say we shouldn't use it because it was used before in Mario game. Then you say we should because it was used in Donkey Kong game.

Facepalm.jpg.

Besides, the name is already decided and won't be changed. So arguing is useless.

QUOTE said:
Also, not all the other names were used in Mario games, which makes me wonder where you were going with your point.

Simply - how does Chil-Char cove sound more Mario-y than Freezeflame, seeing how Chil-Char wasn't used and Freezeflame was?

I do have a question though, are you going to be able to "retag" the game file, since a lot of people use usb loader if it wasn't changed we would have to take off the original New Super Mario Bros.

We'll change the main.dol to make the game save to a different file.

But our hack won't be compatible with USB loaders.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
skawo96 said:
But our hack won't be compatible with USB loaders.

This is true, but remember this is not to say that measures can not be taken by any random person to make it compatible with usb loaders
tongue.gif
wink.gif

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freezeflame is just really unoriginal; yes, even when I saw it in SMG.

And fyi, in galaxy, it was called the "freezeflame" galaxy. In this, you're calling it the "freezeflame volcano." The difference is that in the former, "freezeflame" is being used as a proper noun, whereas in yours, the entire phrase "freezeflame volcano" is being used as the proper noun. This sort of breaks the alliteration part of the name, and hence is the reason why it sounds bad.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is an awful lot of conversation over a silly name no one's gonna pay attention too.

Also brings up the notion that there is NOTHING we can do that will please 100% of the population.... we had a couple indepth conversations about the naming of these worlds, along with many other things. At that time we came to the agreement of FreezeFlame but it's not to say we can't re-discuss the name...

The thing is, we talk about it with members of the community, not so much just random post people make... I am yet to see any of you guys besides Skawo and Raffy show any interest in joining the team.... if you want input and discussions.... come on and join!

I've already noted to bring up this topic with the guys the next time we have a team meeting, I will let you know what we as a community project decide
wink.gif

jd345

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nesler said:
jd345 said:
you think i can help with Chill-Char Cove? on World 8-7, all it is, is a rollercoaster like level, i can get a few ideas on some

There is no Chill-Char Cove. That was someone's suggestion for renaming worlds that are already named.

well, Chill-Char Cove sounds better, even so, no matter, i like to bring up some nice Level ideas maybe blue prints of some levels and/or level map

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0