Homebrew Newbie question

Mavsynchroid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I followed a bunch of steps to put CFW on my new 3ds. I currently have.. let's see... Luma 3ds and hblauncher_loader on my 3ds home screen. Anyway, my main question is... My 3ds is asking me to update at the home screen, and i'm not sure whether or not to say yes or no. I don't know if this will my screw up my set up, or if it'll merely update the... Emunand?... Only, and that i'll still be able to play my CIA games.

If anyone could help me clear this up I'd really appreciate it!!

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If the firmware version has the "Sys" prefix on the system settings, that means you have A9LH and can update safely

You followed Plailect's guide, right?

Mavsynchroid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't think I followed Plailect's guide. I think I followed a guide on this site.. At least when I typed in Plailect's guide in google and went to the top site for it, I know I didn't go to that site to set up my 3ds.

However when I go to system settings, the firmware version DOES say "Sys 11.1.0-34U". Does this mean it's ok to update? Terribly nervous I'll screw it up for good if I update. :P

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No I don't think I followed Plailect's guide. I think I followed a guide on this site.. At least when I typed in Plailect's guide in google and went to the top site for it, I know I didn't go to that site to set up my 3ds.

However when I go to system settings, the firmware version DOES say "Sys 11.1.0-34U". Does this mean it's ok to update? Terribly nervous I'll screw it up for good if I update. :P
Yeah that's perfect, you can update safely

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them