Homebrew Newbie question about Nintendo DSi and ROMS

  • Thread starter Thread starter adm561
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,885
  • Replies Replies 14

adm561

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Oct 13, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
46
XP
71
Country
Hello,

Please bear with me on this question... I'm sure its been asked before. I need to get an answer; I'm not getting anywhere on my own.

Can the DSi play NES and SNES ROMS from an SD card? I have seen vids on youtube showing this, but i can't seem to ever get my DSi to play them. I'm being cheap and don't really want to buy a flash card unless its absolutely necessary. Please advise!

Thank you!
 
I think you need to have an emulator on your SD card. Also, could you post some more detailed information (Picture of your SD card contents, DSi screen, etc.)
 
I have 2 emulators on the SD card right now. Both are used to play NES and SNES games on my Wii. Do I need special emulators?
 
i checked the one i psted earlier, it also uses the wood kernel
It's unofficial wood though, and it's also one of the cards with an expiry date so the kernel has to be updated once a year or the cart stops working unless you change the time on the DS.
 
It's unofficial wood though, and it's also one of the cards with an expiry date so the kernel has to be updated once a year or the cart stops working unless you change the time on the DS.
stops working? bricker code? cough*cough Gateway cough*cough i've heard about this before, but how exactly does this work?
 
stops working? bricker code? cough*cough Gateway cough*cough i've heard about this before, but how exactly does this work?
Not quite, it just checks the date set on the DS and refuses to work if it's past a certain date. Not sure why they did that, but there are a bunch of flashcarts all from the same company that do it. Other than that, it's a cheap cart and will probably work just fine.
 
Not quite, it just checks the date set on the DS and refuses to work if it's past a certain date. Not sure why they did that, but there are a bunch of flashcarts all from the same company that do it. Other than that, it's a cheap cart and will probably work just fine.
so id doesnt trigger some software so you have to reistall the fw? you can just reset the time? and can you set the date to year 2099 before booting for the first time and just set the time back so it works untill 2099?
 
so id doesnt trigger some software so you have to reistall the fw? you can just reset the time? and can you set the date to year 2099 before booting for the first time and just set the time back so it works untill 2099?
The expiry date is one year from the day the update was released, so far they've released a new one each year a few days after the expiry date, so it doesn't matter what the date is set to as long as it's before somewhere around September 2016.
 
The expiry date is one year from the day the update was released, so far they've released a new one each year a few days after the expiry date, so it doesn't matter what the date is set to as long as it's before somewhere around September 2016.
no software hax? at least the gold 3ds gets updates(and i don't think it has the date limitations either)
 
Hello everyone, I have a problem, I have a Nintendo DSi with DSTWO (normal), I installed catsfc, but the game Yoshi island goes much jerky! it's normal? is there a solution ??
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted