Hacking Newbie Q re 3DS. Can you freeze it?

moneybox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last hack was soldering my PS1!
Do not want to damage daughters 3DS. She still likes her Dad!!
I have a few ROM backups for DS games, which I would like to run on the 3DS for her from 1 cart.

1) What card?
2) What download? is it called a kernel?
3) How do I know what V software she has? Does it matter! (only interested in running backups of our DS games, as she is too young to play the 3DS games yet).

But more importantly if I get this wrong is there any risk of freezing the 3DS?! Googled but cant find a dummies guide! , Shes too young. I'm too old!

Thanks for helping a newbie!

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry, just get a flashcart.
Recommended ones are the Acekard 2i(less expensive), and the Supercard DStwo(more expensive)
and to see which system firmware your 3DS is running you go to settings and look at the bottom right corner of the top screen
EDIT: There's no risk of freezing the 3DS, only making your flashcard useless if you update the 3DS before a fix is made available for the flashcard, but the two mentioned work on any 3DS firmware so far.

Reactions: 1 person

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
There are many cards you can buy. The best cards are Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTWO amongst the best.

Yes you will need to download the system files for any of the cards you buy and put those files on the micro SD that goes inside those cards.

And, no, you cannot brick the 3DS. As you don't have to do anything with it but play.
Find out which card suits you better, buy it and then you can come here for help, we are a helping community so feel free to ask whatever you need.

Reactions: 1 person

moneybox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much. Have ordered a Acekard 2i. Will pop back if I have problems setting it up. Where do I go for the system files I need?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-