Hacking Newbie : Black screen after Atmosphere logo. Can boot to "regular Nintendo FW"

michelb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
my switch was running fine until this morning (when I was trying to transfer nsbs using Goldtree / USB). Running Atmostphere 0.8.7. Now I get a black screen on the "Sept by Atmostphere" splash page.

Basically it looks like it's going to sleep after the splash page. I can "wake it up" by pressing power and then it displays splash screen again for a few seconds before going black. I can reboot by holding power and eventually will restart to the "regular Nintendo FW" and that works fine. But I cannot seem to boot into Atmosphere.

I've tried booting to ReiNX and I get a line of white writing and a line of red writing that flashes too fast to read it and then it goes to the Atmosphere splash again. Basically, it looks like it's not allowing me to inject another CFW and stays on Atmosphere CFW. I've tried with an RCM Loader dongle and with a direct USB connection to my PC and TegraRCMGui and get the same result.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks

Last edited by michelb,

michelb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it was fine at first yet now atmos is giving you a blackscreen then probably your sd card is corrupted.

Thanks for the info. So what's your recommendation? Reformat the SD card and start over? I already tried replacing the various payload.bins but could certainly not have been replacing the correct one.

I did check that it appears that I can still read / write to the SD card from my PC.

Let me know. Thanks.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Thanks for the info. So what's your recommendation? Reformat the SD card and start over? I already tried replacing the various payload.bins but could certainly not have been replacing the correct one.

I did check that it appears that I can still read / write to the SD card from my PC.

Let me know. Thanks.
If you have a spare sd card you can try using it to boot into atmos. If it does boot to cfw then looks like the issue was your other sd card.

Reactions: michelb

michelb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a spare sd card you can try using it to boot into atmos. If it does boot to cfw then looks like the issue was your other sd card.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't confirm what the issue was but it appears there was something corrupted on the card. I built a new card from scratch and that resolved my issue.

michelb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In case it can help anyone. I had the same problem today and I believe it's caused by using having the Switch go to Sleep while it's transferring a nsp with Goldtree and USB. The actual problem in my case is that it seems that the "Sept" folder on your SD, the payload.bin is renamed to payload.bak and another payload.bin is loaded (Hekate it appears) and the Switch can't boot. To fix, you just have to open your SD, delete the payload.bin and rename payload.bak to payload.bin.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: pin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally