greencode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newb here with Gateway 3DS, Software Ver. 4.3.0-10U

Haven't used my 3DS in forever and I am completely lost on what to do. I was reading here that alot of people are getting banned online, (New Pokemon Game?), before I used to flashed the mario kart 3ds header to other games but don't know if that would work now or what. Like I said I'm very outdated and wish to know what to do. Thanks! (Also don't intend on playing pokemon games online if its not advisable). Thanks!

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@greencode You can't play with Gateway online anymore except if you use some weird mess of firmware parts that still boot with Gateway as it wasn't updated as soon as Luma3DS had all of its features implemented for free and open source and had the benefit of coldboot CFW.
Their effort to create a payload for Luma3DS to allow coldboot with Gateway was petty to say the least.
You have to move on to installing CIAs and using Luma3DS CFW exclusively offline or you will get banned, nintendo checks for currently opened software and if you own it.
You can get details on how to install the current CFW on 3ds.guide and the only way to play cartridge games online is only Sky3DS.

Last edited by Wuigi,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to move on to installing CIAs and using Luma3DS CFW exclusively offline or you will get banned, nintendo checks for currently opened software and if you own it.
If you're referring to the 11.8 changes, this only applies to downloading game contents, nothing else.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newb here with Gateway 3DS, Software Ver. 4.3.0-10U
my first peace of advice is to ditch gateway . . . a while back its devs did just that since then the community has made a way to boot it . . . but the gateway team abandoned it and so should you

Haven't used my 3DS in forever and I am completely lost on what to do.
update to a more modern cfw . . . Installing boot9strap (Soundhax) - 3DS Hacks Guide

I was reading here that alot of people are getting banned online, (New Pokemon Game?)
there were 2 banwaves the first only affected people who played pokemon before its release date and the second was harder to determine a cause for as it turns out nintendo can see whatever app you are using while connected to the internet (and even the last app you had open before you connected to the internet) and it is believed that nintendo sits on this information and once they decide to can do another ban wave based on the information they have collected . . . just dont use homebrew online and when you run a homebrew app (offline) run a real app before connecting to the internet

before I used to flashed the mario kart 3ds header to other games but don't know if that would work now or what.
yes that would still work if you want to go through the work to set it up [Tutorial] Using Luma3DS + Gateway on B9S

(Also don't intend on playing pokemon games online if its not advisable). Thanks!
nothing wrong with pokemon just dont play games before their release date and dont cheat online and you should be good

greencode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very saddened of the idea of having to pay $86 for a new gamecard to play online. Gateway-3ds sure dropped the ball.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very saddened of the idea of having to pay $86 for a new gamecard to play online. Gateway-3ds sure dropped the ball.
they did although as i said the comunity here has made a way for it to still work (. . . its convoluted but works) although you can install cfw for free and not need to worry about gateways lack of a development team . . . there are a few free cfw installation methods open to you . . . Installing boot9strap (Soundhax) - 3DS Hacks Guide this one is simple and will have you up and running (- gateway) then if you so choose you can use this guide to restore gateway function [Tutorial] Using Luma3DS + Gateway on B9S . . . so yeah its sad that gateway ditched its customers along with their product but the product was redundant and cfw truly raised the bar above gateway (the only thing gateway has above cfw is .3ds rom loading . . . every other feature it has is dwarfed by free cfw)

anywho you should look into cfw

greencode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to thank you for your help wormdood, (and others), I will attempt to install boot9strap and then look into Luma3DS+Gateway.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@The Real Jdbye Maybe it didn't come across like that, but I meant banning happens because of running homebrew while being online or using CIAs that you don't own.
I know that private headers won't get you banned, but you can't comfortably use such games with Gateway anymore so I recommended Sky3DS.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@The Real Jdbye Maybe it didn't come across like that, but I meant banning happens because of running homebrew while being online or using CIAs that you don't own.
I know that private headers won't get you banned, but you can't comfortably use such games with Gateway anymore so I recommended Sky3DS.
Using CIAs you don't own has never been known to cause bans. It's an easy thing for them to detect, yet they haven't. Also, Nintendo seem to have stopped banning people for the most part. When I said public header I was actually thinking of public LFCS_B, those are the only that seem to still get banned.

greencode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I successfully installed boot9strap but now my 3ds won't turn on, power indicator lights up for a few seconds then turns off. HELP!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I figured out the problem, When I was using soundhax NEW 3DS XL, it wasn't working so I tried old 3DS XL thinking maybe my 3ds was the old one, but after seeing a youtube video found out I screwed up. The install was successful and backed up some file to the sd before shutting down my 3ds only for the power indicator to last about 3 seconds before turning off. complete black screen, now what can I do?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: that is fucking scary