Homebrew Help with Recovering Saves from "Nintendo 3DS" folder

RaineCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
Last night, I made the giant mistake of "repairing" my SD card that it wouldn't let me copy my folders off from and wound up getting my 3DS folder turned into--

1693168523803.png

This.

I'm pretty sure most of the files are still here and even intact, but I'm not sure how to go about getting my saves out of here. The files are present, as is... probably most other files from my 3DS Folder, but it's been turned into hundreds of these useless files. I don't even know what's what, and I'm going off file sizes compared to the new games that I installed to figure out what's what. For example, I'm pretty sure the files surrounding the currently renamed "0000001.sav" are all save files, as that's about how big the Pokemon Moon save file is. (This is the main one I'm concerned with getting back, right now).

I don't have checkpoints of this game, just a few of my others. Is there any way I can salvage my Pokemon Moon save file from this?

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
You lost everything, for use it in the 3ds you must rename files as was created and in the right folder and you must know the exactly folder name SD:/Nintendo 3ds/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and everything in that folder is encrypted so it cannot have another name, in my case is feef9408e5c15c26c... a long name :) you will waste your time because you must all the name files, extension, all routes and all folder names

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you repair a drive or SD-card Chkdsk will run and try to restore data from corrupted sectors. This chk files are the result and the amount of it indicates a possible dying of your card.

Chkdsk will create a folder FOUND.000 with this restored fragments of corrupted data and normaly can erased. And if really really important information would be in it, it could be tryed to extrakt them with only a small chance with unCHK .

Reactions: Doux91 and CoolMe

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This question comes up occasionally, most recently here.

But this is really quite simple. You have exactly six files here that are 1,024 bytes, so one of those is your Pokemon Moon save file.

All you have to do is re-install the game and then copy each file to the relevant folder on your SD card, namely "Nintendo 3DS/[your ID0]/[your ID1]/title/00040000/00175E00/data/00000001.sav". Then try to export the data with Checkpoint. The one that provides you with valid save data is the correct file. You'll only need to try a maximum of six times.

Don't try starting the game to verify the data; Pokemon games use Anti Savegame Restore and will suggest that your save data is corrupt if you've been messing with it. Once you've used Checkpoint to export the valid data, just import it with Checkpoint again.

And if really really important information would be in it, it could be tryed to extrakt them with only a small chance with unCHK .
While that might work for decrypted data like photos on the SD card, encrypted data is just going to look like garbage to a program like that. (And the authors probably never had decrypted Checkpoint data in mind when that program was written.)

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol