New3DS, Sky3DS and private headers

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ThePeach, Feb 8, 2015.

1. ThePeach
    OP

ThePeach Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2015
    France
    Hey,

I bought a New 3DS and a Sky3DS last week and I'll receive both at the end of this week. I have some questions about it :
    1/ Can I use Gateway's browser exploit to dump a retail game to extract private headers (without owning a Gateway flashcard)? I know that they don't support New 3DS yet but am I still able to dump a game with their exploit (even if Gateway mode can't be launched)?
    2/ If so do I need a specific game to dump (4Gb card, with online functionalities) or will every game work?
    3/ What should I change in the template.txt file? Only the line for Online ID or also the Chip ID?

I do not know if i'll play online straight after getting my 3DS but I read that if I change the headers after the save might be corrupted. If I wait on Gateway's exploit to be released on the New3DS to dump a game and change my headers, will I lose my saves?

Thanks!

2. Ericss

Ericss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    Yes. The only way of avoiding that is using SaveDataFiler to export and reinstall the saves, but Sky3DS can't run it.

3. cdcdcd

cdcdcd Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    Sorry for the bump but can someone answer question 1 in the first post? Can it be done on a N3DS?

4. sALMAn84

sALMAn84 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    Malaysia
    NO, You'll need an old 3ds with firmware 9.2 to used Gateway browser exploit without owning gateway card to dump rom.

5. cdcdcd

cdcdcd Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    Ah ok, thanks for the info!

6. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    When you go with Sky3DS, you have no way of dumping a header. This is one fault of the Sky3DS that pretty much sends them to Gateway users, begging for a header. Just gonna have to stick to offline gaming.