Hacking New Wii with [lu64*] serial number unhackable?

Nds Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirmed this, LU 64 is not hackable (Black Screen and all). As for your need of LU 63, Target has them! Run to your local target before they get new Wii. LU 63 with 3.4 (Downgrade using October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8). I did it half way without downgrade, it won't run backup loader, but if you all the way downgrade it will. There appears to be a "newer" 3.4 on it, even twightlight hack said so, when I install it.

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
My worst fears have come true. My new Wii is LU648.. and it can't be modded. Installed the homebrew channel with the TP hack just fine, installed IOS16, but nothing after that. Nothing works. Am so pissed off.

Is there any solution to this? Any way around? Do all Wiis post LU64.. like 65, 66, etc have this problem?

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
you all might want to give that a try: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

no idea if it will help with this batch.

The first goal of the method described in the post linked to above is to install cIOS on a 4.0 system with HBC installed and no previous cIOS. Since it requires HBC we know it is not for a "virgin" 4.0 Wii, but rather an older Wii that has been upgraded.

These Wii's already have cIOS installed, so that would not be helpful.

*BUT* the method described also downgrades IOS35 to an earlier unpatched version. That is something that has not been tried before. In addition the method provides a WAD manager that runs on IOS35. That is also something that has not been tried before.

IF this method allows installation of fakesigned WADs it may be possible to downgrade all of the IOS'es with the WMIOS35 (install older IOS'es as WAD's instead of using online downgraders etc...).

If I had an "unhackable" Wii I would at least try it...

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fogbank said:
Screemer said:
you all might want to give that a try: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

no idea if it will help with this batch.

The first goal of the method described in the post linked to above is to install cIOS on a 4.0 system with HBC installed and no previous cIOS. Since it requires HBC we know it is not for a "virgin" 4.0 Wii, but rather an older Wii that has been upgraded.

hbc on 4.0 doesn't mean cios installed. there are quite a few guys around who "accidentally" updated to 4.0 without a cios and 'just' hbc installed.
QUOTE(fogbank @ Apr 8 2009, 02:12 AM)
*BUT* the method described also downgrades IOS35 to an earlier unpatched version. That is something that has not been tried before. In addition the method provides a WAD manager that runs on IOS35. That is also something that has not been tried before.

IF this method allows installation of fakesigned WADs it may be possible to downgrade all of the IOS'es with the WMIOS35 (install older IOS'es as WAD's instead of using online downgraders etc...).

If I had an "unhackable" Wii I would at least try it...
that's exactly the point i wanted to make the lu64 aware of. not the the rest of what is only useful for 4.0.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
fogbank said:
hbc on 4.0 doesn't mean cios installed. there are quite a few guys around who "accidentally" updated to 4.0 without a cios and 'just' hbc installed.

Sorry I think you misunderstood what I meant by "These Wii's already have cIOS installed". I was referring to the unhackable Wii's with 3.4, not the people who upgraded to 4.0 without cIOS installed.

QUOTE(Screemer @ Apr 7 2009, 06:34 PM)
that's exactly the point i wanted to make the lu64 aware of. not the the rest of what is only useful for 4.0.

I got that, and thanks
smile.gif

johnnycs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
WiiPower said:
kornychaos said:
I just got another Wii which has 3.4 on it and it's LU64. Booo. Bannerbomb where art thou?

The bannerbomb will help you to install the HBC, why do you wait for it when your Wii is at 3.4 and twilight hackable?
AFAIK LU64 consoles won't let me do anything beyond the HBC. I can't install WADs/USBLoader/SoftChip without getting a black screen, right?

I have an LU64, but I am able to install WADs through the custom WAD Manager for IOS16. I am not able to SoftChip though. I get a black screen on attempts to use the IOS Downgrader.

Just wanted to make it clear you can install WADs on LU64's (or at least some it seems)...

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, turns out my L64 was indeed modifiable, I'm running 4.0U now, with preloader, etc etc. Dunno if it's just some with the black screen error?

jhebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
So, turns out my L64 was indeed modifiable, I'm running 4.0U now, with preloader, etc etc. Dunno if it's just some with the black screen error?

So did you upgrade to 4.0U? Can you play back up games? any link to how? much appreciated

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
kornychaos said:

L64? Or LU64? Whats the fifth letter of the serial?

I think upto the LU644 or LU645 is okay...

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhebi said:
kornychaos said:

So did you upgrade to 4.0U? Can you play back up games? any link to how? much appreciated
collectedsoul said:
QUOTE(kornychaos @ Apr 9 2009, 09:06 AM)

L64? Or LU64? Whats the fifth letter of the serial?

I think upto the LU644 or LU645 is okay...
I have an LU6468 which came with 3.4U.
Currently I'm on 4.0U and I can indeed play backups of my originals:

Steps which worked for me:
a) Install the Homebrew Channel using the Twilight Hack
b) Place Channel File Manager 2.0 BETA 4 on the SD card
c) Install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad using Channel File Manager 2.0 BETA 4.
d) Restart Wii (dunno if this is necessary, just what worked for me)
e) Place Custom WAD Manager 1.3 which runs off of IOS16 on the SD card
f) Install cios_fix.wad using Custom WAD Manager 1.3 (based off of IOS16!)

Congrats, you've now modified your LU64 Nintendo Wii.
To take things a bit further, aka, upgrading to 4.0, I used the following steps taken from this Ultimate 4.0 thread:
Follow this guide, use the below steps as mini-guidelines (it's way condensed compared to the thread) - (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835)
a) Install cIOS36_rev9 Installer
b) Restart Wii (dunno if this is necessary, just what worked for me)
c) Downgrade to 3.2U with cIOS downgrader (takes foreverrrr)
d) Run 4.0U updater from Waninkoko (takes even more foreverrrr)
e) I personally had to download cIOSCorp and get CIOS36.wad from there and install it using Channel File Manager 2.0 BETA 4 before I install Preloader 0.29.
f) Install Preloader 0.29

To clear up any questions you may have, that I had:
Yes the USB loader will work with cIOS36_rev9,
No you don't need to install DVDX to read DVDs with emulator games on them, etc, that's also included in cIOS36_rev9.
Yes, you can run virtual console games from the SD card menu.
Yes, you still have the trucha-bug enabled IOS (60 I believe)

I would personally run XYZZY 1.1 to grab your Wii's encryption keys, it will save them to the SD card for future reference.

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
kornychaos said:

What did you do after this? This works for me too...its when I try to run IOS Downgrader from the homebrew channel that I get the black screen.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
collectedsoul said:
kornychaos said:

What did you do after this? This works for me too...its when I try to run IOS Downgrader from the homebrew channel that I get the black screen.

I never ran IOS downgrader. After installing cios_fix.wad I went straight to:
a) Install cIOS36_rev9 Installer
b) Restart Wii (dunno if this is necessary, just what worked for me)
c) Downgrade to 3.2U with cIOS downgrader (takes foreverrrr)
d) Run 4.0U updater from Waninkoko (takes even more foreverrrr)
e) I personally had to download cIOSCorp and get CIOS36.wad from there and install it using Channel File Manager 2.0 BETA 4 before I install Preloader 0.29.
f) Install Preloader 0.29
Let me know if this was the issue, and there is a difference between IOS downgrader(never ran) and cIOS downgrader(ran in step C)
EDIT: If you have a Wii with a serial number greater than LU6468 then it might not be possible (aka LU6469 or LU6470+)

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you start the Wad Manager and install Wads?
THe IOS downgrader just patches the IOS until 36.

So you can just install then with Wad Manager.
It is the like using IOS downgrader but doesnt need Internet.

The cIOS Downgrader Just Downloads the IOS and Systemmenu and install it (first IOS then Systemmenu).
Plz someone correct me if i am wrong.

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
No cios36_rev9 won't install nor will cios downgrader...nothing else seems to work for me...

Maybe LU648 is the cutoff...just my luck..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol