Gaming new wii update

thedudederp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else get a new update today? I got on and a message popped up saying if I didn't update new games probably wouldn't work. I know your not suposed to update but it sounds like something major (still 4.3u). So far I've only noticed two problems. I use two usb loaders. usb loader gx and neogamma. Neogamma for usb flash drives and gx for my hdd. First up is neogamma no longer reads my flash drive. Second is whenever I press the home button and select wii menu I loose all audio/video. sort of like it went to standby but the light is still green and it won't start back up untill i hold the power button for 6 seconds. Although both of these problems could be purely coincidental. Anyone else get this?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow another inspiring original username.
So wait did you update?
Captain Hind Sight here: if you did update you should not have. I am on 4.0U and i have been for 3 years. Everything works. Even new stuff like Xenoblade.

thedudederp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I know I shouldn't have, but I like to take risks lol. The update added a couple of new channels and updated the shop I guess. I don't think it was anything major really so I think the problems I have are just coincidental.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you really derped dude! Too bad for you, I got a message from Nintendo about 3 weeks ago when I turned on wiiconnect24 but I would never think to install an official update without first confirming the safety of my hacks. There's really no point in updating as the end of the Wii's life cycle is upon us and I don't think they will implement a mandatory update on any new games.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
There isn't an update as far as I can tell. There aren't new channels either.

@OP: You were stupid and didn't block updates with Priiloader. All you did was overwrite your cIOS's with stubs. Just because something "sounds important", that doesn't mean you should do it. I'm still on 4.1U because I'm not stupid enough to think that newer always means better.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea I know I shouldn't have, but I like to take risks lol. The update added a couple of new channels and updated the shop I guess. I don't think it was anything major really so I think the problems I have are just coincidental.

Well you gotta think... Nintendo knows about hacked/modded Wiis. So of course they will always implement in their future updates(if any hahahaha) a backdoor that deletes/removes the hacked content of your Wii and possibly, most likely bricking it. Don't just assume because you got some channels added that's it...

So lesson is... Never update a hacked wii and make sure to make a backup before you do anything else to it =)

P.S. And sorry if it sounded harsh. Not meant to.

thedudederp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, say what you will. Some body's got to test the updates. None the less it doesn't matter to me if it got bricked or not. Got it used cheap off ebay. I fortunately have a big boy job and made the money to pay for it while sitting on the can at work. As for the loosing a/v I believe the data for that game may be corrupt because it only does it on that game. As for neogamma who knows. It would appear though that they just added a couple channels.

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None the less it doesn't matter to me if it got bricked or not. Got it used cheap off ebay. I fortunately have a big boy job and made the money to pay for it while sitting on the can at work.

Whoops, guess everyone on this thread should apologise to the big boy about offering advice. If it means that little to you, i'm sure everyone here will be happy to not give you any more help.

Reactions: 3 people

thedudederp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None the less it doesn't matter to me if it got bricked or not. Got it used cheap off ebay. I fortunately have a big boy job and made the money to pay for it while sitting on the can at work.

Whoops, guess everyone on this thread should apologise to the big boy about offering advice. If it means that little to you, i'm sure everyone here will be happy to not give you any more help.
Didn't know calling me stupid was help. But I will not sit here and argue about this over the internet. I just wanted to share what happened and see what others had thought. So if there is nothing constructive or helpful to be said then I think we are done here.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool , I do have bootmii installed as boot2 :D I just wanna make sure my son or wife doesnt mess up my wii ....preety sure i have priloader installed with updates blocked

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Meh, say what you will. Some body's got to test the updates. None the less it doesn't matter to me if it got bricked or not. Got it used cheap off ebay. I fortunately have a big boy job and made the money to pay for it while sitting on the can at work. As for the loosing a/v I believe the data for that game may be corrupt because it only does it on that game. As for neogamma who knows. It would appear though that they just added a couple channels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs