tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
swami said:
I don't doubt that the new wii will be bigger. If they are using faster processors they are going to get hotter and a larger bow would make room for bigger quieter fans to get the heat out of there.
That would explain why PCs and smartphones keep getting bigger as their CPUs get stronger. Oh wait...

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat. I could live with a name like the Nintendo Stream (sounds a lot cooler then the Wii).

I just don't feel good about that price. Ah well, if it comes to it, I'll just trade in my 360 and a bunch of games to make up for it, I guess.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Am i the only one thinking that the Wii 2 will NOT have more processing and graphics power than the XBox360 and ps3? Look at the power consumption of the 3 current consoles:
http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-356-2.htm
The latest models of ps3 and Xbox360 may use significantly less now, but i assume it's still >100 Watts for both.

I'd say the Wii 2 will use max 50-60 Watts and resulting of this, it will have 50-100% of the ps3's power. And 400 bucks for a nintendo console is unrealistic, but i fear the controllers will go up to 70 bucks each or more considering it will have everything the wii controllers have + a display. Maybe even 70 bucks without nunchuck/its replacement.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Am i the only one thinking that the Wii 2 will NOT have more processing and graphics power than the XBox360 and ps3? Look at the power consumption of the 3 current consoles:
The latest models of ps3 and Xbox360 may use significantly less now, but i assume it's still >100 Watts for both.

I'd say the Wii 2 will use max 50-60 Watts and resulting of this, it will have 50-100% of the ps3's power. And 400 bucks for a nintendo console is unrealistic, but i fear the controllers will go up to 70 bucks each or more considering it will have everything the wii controllers have + a display. Maybe even 70 bucks without nunchuck/its replacement.

Forgetting everything else you posted, what is your reasoning behind assuming the Wii2 will only draw 50-60 watts?

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:

You can already build a PC much more powerful than a PS3, and it's not like PC's conform to different power standards.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wever said:
A "modernized version of the SNES"...would that mean it goes back to using cartridges instead of disks?

This is a real possibility IMO, flash memory these days is pretty cheap and can have HUGE sizes. Much larger than DVDs or even Blu-Ray in a smaller physical size. And its not subject to scratches, smudges etc. All round more hard wearing than discs in my experience.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ergo said:
WiiPower said:

Forgetting everything else you posted, what is your reasoning behind assuming the Wii2 will only draw 50-60 watts?

Because 100 Watts will make it as noisy and will result in the same defect rates as Xbox and ps3 suffer from. It just doesn't sound like nintendo to produce a power hungry and expensive console.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
coolness said:
too expenice in dollars how much in euro`s?
PRobably the same... 3DS costs $250... In Europe (talking about Portugal, but it should remain the same for others) it's 249.99€ ... They were lazy to do an update to the price, but oh well --'

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Goten said:
coolness said:
too expenice in dollars how much in euro`s?
PRobably the same... 3DS costs $250... In Europe (talking about Portugal, but it should remain the same for others) it's 249.99€ ... They were lazy to do an update to the price, but oh well --'

European prices are always with VAT while US prices are without. For germany this means 250 dollars should be 175,84*1,19(19 % VAT/MwSt) = 209,25 Euro. So it's a 40 bucks rippoff for us and more in other countries with lower VAT.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Ergo said:
WiiPower said:

Because 100 Watts will make it as noisy and will result in the same defect rates as Xbox and ps3 suffer from. It just doesn't sound like nintendo to produce a power hungry and expensive console.

The current 360 Slim uses just under 100 Watts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.