New 'Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2' trailer reveals PvE and PvP multiplayer modes

Screenshot_2024-05-24-07-14-11-241_com.microsoft.office.outlook-edit.jpg

During the Warhammer Skulls Festival live stream, developer Saber Interactive aired a new trailer for the upcoming Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 which provided details about the game's multiplayer mode. In particular, it showcased the PvE and the return of the PvP mode. You can view the trailer below:

Old and new fans alike are in for a multiplayer treat! In addition to bringing back Space Marine’s iconic battle against the Chaos Space Marines in three 6v6 PvP modes (Annihilation, Seize Ground, and Capture & Control), Space Marine 2 features an all-new co-op mode, letting you slay xenos with up to two friends in three-player “Operations Mode.” Each PvE and PvP mode lets players choose between six available classes, ranging from the unflinching Bulwark and his Combat Shield, to the stealthy Sniper with his Camo Cloak.

Players will also be able to customize their Space Marines, from helm to greaves, with a wide selection of colors, heraldry decals, pauldrons, gauntlets, and more! While new content like missions, enemies, and weapons will be available to all players through regular free updates, the Season Pass will grant even more cosmetics.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 launches September 9 on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Steam and the Epic Games Store. Physical and digital pre-orders are now open.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am not touching anything related to Warhammer from now on tbh.

I also dislike the need for pretty much all games having pvp and online coop nowadays, especially when it doesn't have couch coop which would be a plus.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is wrong with Warhammer?
So the big event that occurred recently? Games Workshop tried to gaslight their playerbase, hard. We aren't speaking the soft stuff, but outright changing everything without admitting they changed anything, and convincing people it was 'always the new way'. Despite hard images of their books out there, they began changing all their info on the Emperor's Royal Guard to not be male-only. They claimed that it was always "Both Genders", and began editting their wiki/fandom pages so all quotes from their books that originally said it was male-only now stated it was both genders.

The playerbase ofc went livid. OFC some because of misogyny, but a massive chunk because GW had lied to their faces, and when players/fans showed screenshots of their original lore codices and books that showed what GW was showing was wrong and not what they printed and hence 'wasn't always this way', GW started blocking those people from their Twitter, banning them from their reddit, etc etc.

The gaslighting was ultimately the problem, and many stated they'd have been fine if they simply said it was a retcon and not 'always this way'. So rather than admit they made a change, which let's be real, GW fans were used to and wouldn't care, they rather try to lies to everyone's faces.

So a huge amount of the userbase for GW products has either quit, or gone onto a permanent 3D printing binge rather than directly support GW just to spite them as they believe the game/IP can/will outlast GW anyhow.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So the big event that occurred recently? Games Workshop tried to gaslight their playerbase, hard. We aren't speaking the soft stuff, but outright changing everything without admitting they changed anything, and convincing people it was 'always the new way'. Despite hard images of their books out there, they began changing all their info on the Emperor's Royal Guard to not be male-only. They claimed that it was always "Both Genders", and began editting their wiki/fandom pages so all quotes from their books that originally said it was male-only now stated it was both genders.

The playerbase ofc went livid. OFC some because of misogyny, but a massive chunk because GW had lied to their faces, and when players/fans showed screenshots of their original lore codices and books that showed what GW was showing was wrong and not what they printed and hence 'wasn't always this way', GW started blocking those people from their Twitter, banning them from their reddit, etc etc.

The gaslighting was ultimately the problem, and many stated they'd have been fine if they simply said it was a retcon and not 'always this way'. So rather than admit they made a change, which let's be real, GW fans were used to and wouldn't care, they rather try to lies to everyone's faces.

So a huge amount of the userbase for GW products has either quit, or gone onto a permanent 3D printing binge rather than directly support GW just to spite them as they believe the game/IP can/will outlast GW anyhow.
Thanks for the explanation. Seems like an overreaction from both GW and the fans.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not touching anything related to Warhammer from now on tbh.

I also dislike the need for pretty much all games having pvp and online coop nowadays, especially when it doesn't have couch coop which would be a plus.
im in the same camp where i despise games with pvp and online coop as the main focus of their games.

couch coop is the only way to play multiplayer imo. i wish the industry would recognize how many people despise their online multiplayer push for games.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the explanation. Seems like an overreaction from both GW and the fans.
Honestly I'm tempted to say the fans aren't overreacting. I'd think anyone who isn't trying to correct a gaslight attempt is normally underreacting considering that's the technique of an abuser (and I speak as a victim of opaque gaslighting). Banning, Blocking, etc the fans who clearly know GW's texts inside-out though? That, that is definitely an overreaction, and it completely lacks any and all forms of logic.

Reactions: Skelletonike

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique

Having a split screen is never a plus. ;)

Relevance?

Relevance is that it's Warhammer related and some people are saying they basically want nothing to do with anything Warhammer related.

Personally looking forward to this. About the closest thing to a new Gears game until we get a new Gears game.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +2