gloop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems everyone is having problems with the code dump error, I had it too, when I pressed A when the WADinstaller extracted the data. I think that it's only a matter of not to press A needlessly, or did I miss something?

icegod

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Just some questions:

- If you install a VC tittle this way, will that VC channel be trucha signed?
- If yes, if you delete the channel and download it for free via the wii shop, will there be anything left trucha signed? Don't wanna brick my wii when the new ios37 get activated...

Brownstone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've managed to get all the VC games working on my Wii, im very grateful but when do you guys think they will release more VC games? Is there anything said from Blaze or any other group?

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i also tested them (because nintendo doesnt want to fix the problem where you cant play vc games on HDTV with component cables (some TVs like mine)) and all worked (with normal cables).

Lets hope they get n64 games dumped soon ^^

limnique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Waiting kills me
cry.gif

Brownstone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1337Nemo said:
i also tested them (because nintendo doesnt want to fix the problem where you cant play vc games on HDTV with component cables (some TVs like mine)) and all worked (with normal cables).

Do following to play VC Games with Component cable:
Open the operations manual from the home menu, connect a nunchuk to the Wiimote and press A, 2 and Z at the same time, you will hear a clicking sound.
Switch back to the default mode with A, 1 and Z.

Works for Super Mario Bros 3, Kirby etc...

I didnt get it to work on Donkey Kong Junior, seems like the games has to be updated by Nintendo and apparently Donkey Kong Junior hasnt, atleast not the version we got from BlaZe.

Has anyone gotten Donkey Kong Junior to work with PAL Component cable?

Cheers.

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Brownstone said:
1337Nemo said:

Do following to play VC Games with Component cable:
Open the operations manual from the home menu, connect a nunchuk to the Wiimote and press A, 2 and Z at the same time, you will hear a clicking sound.
Switch back to the default mode with A, 1 and Z.

Works for Super Mario Bros 3, Kirby etc...

I didnt get it to work on Donkey Kong Junior, seems like the games has to be updated by Nintendo and apparently Donkey Kong Junior hasnt, atleast not the version we got from BlaZe.

Cheers.

Yap, Nintendo released updates for some games a few weeks ago, e.g. super mario world, which didn't work for me on 480p - with the update it does.
the same goes for super probotector; kid icarus, f-zero and donkey kong junior hadn't been updated yet.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for the off-topic. But I just thought about this. The Mario 3 VC game is 13 MB. What amount of memory is actually being used when installing it? Does anybody know? I mean there's only so many games you can store and if deleting is quite a hassle you have to really choose which games you want on your channel

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I actually wonder if it's possible to reduce the size of the VC games so that you can fit more of them on your Wii. Like, remove the manual for example.

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so i have a question for you guys...

would it be possible to insert roms into this VC games?
i mean is it like the ps1 on psp thingy?
or is it far more complicated.

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
It's only a matter of time before we see an application that allows us to pack our own roms into a wad file, the technology is out there.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
asher said:
so i have a question for you guys...

would it be possible to insert roms into this VC games?
i mean is it like the ps1 on psp thingy?
or is it far more complicated.
It's somewhat like it, but at the moment there's no wad packer so you can't install anything which isn't an encrypted wad already, in which you can't just change the rom or something. With a wad packer this might be possible, because the decrypted files show the rom just inside it.
Only the wad packer won't be released for a while, not before the wiiware updates at least...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out