Website
gbadoctor.spaces.live.com
XP
Country
Italy
cherryduck said:
GbaDoctor said:
Rofl @ Duckula

For anyone wondering, the vc games doesnt seems to work in 480p. At least not on my tv set, but they do fine in s-video and composite (i assume that the max resolution for those emus is 480i).
Wii pal with D2ckey.
Oh well, ill stick with my xbox with component cables and emulators
biggrin.gif

Try loading the game in 480p, then press the Home button, the Wii menu should pop up, if you go to the operation guide then, making sure you have the nunchuck in, press A + 2 + Z (bit of a hand mangler), it should 'ping', then when you press home it should work just fine. I tried this and it worked with everything so far except Donkey Kong Junior.

Oh, thanks sir, i will test it. I didnt know of a button combination to force the games in 480p.
However, my Wii is hookedup with default 480p resolution, i have to test the combination in that mode? do you know if this button combination works also with the games as well? You know, like the B trick on gamecube or Triangle+Cross on ps2.

GbaDoctor

GbaTemp MaD fOrGeD DoCtOr
Trophies
Website
gbadoctor.spaces.live.com
XP
Country
Italy
Well, some games on gamecube and on ps2 have an hidden 480p mode, that can be accessed only by pressing a combination of buttons.

Sometimes, this combination isnt written in the game manual or box, making it a total secret.

Some examples:
Luigi's Mansion, NTSC-U - boot the game and hold down B button. It will ask if you want to display the game in 480p mode.

This is for GC.

For ps2:

Resident Evil 4 PAL - Hold down Triangle+Cross when you see the playstation 2 logo. Keep them pressed until the game asks if you want to switch to 480p.
Same happens with SF Generations as an example.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
tredes said:
mb01 said:
cherryduck said:
nintendodstefan said:
I still can't get it to work..
I get the code dump error,
and i can't download it form the wiishop either..
frown.gif

Sorry to double post but I couldn't see how to quote two things in one post...

I had this issue, no amount of formatting the SD card or trying a different one would work. The reason being I first tried to install the VC titles through the homebrew channel....DON'T! Even if you use the TP hack after this it won't work, what you have to do now is unplug the power from the Wii, then plug it back in, then use the TP hack. NO HOMEBREW CHANNEL! Hopefully that helps...

Homebrew channel worked fine for me for all five games.

did you install the homebrew channel from an iso? is it easy to install games from the homebrew channel?

Installed the homebrew channel from an .elf file. It's easy as pie to install VC games from the homebrew channel.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mb01 said:
tredes said:
mb01 said:
cherryduck said:
nintendodstefan said:
frown.gif

I had this issue, no amount of formatting the SD card or trying a different one would work. The reason being I first tried to install the VC titles through the homebrew channel....DON'T! Even if you use the TP hack after this it won't work, what you have to do now is unplug the power from the Wii, then plug it back in, then use the TP hack. NO HOMEBREW CHANNEL! Hopefully that helps...

did you install the homebrew channel from an iso? is it easy to install games from the homebrew channel?

Installed the homebrew channel from an .elf file. It's easy as pie to install VC games from the homebrew channel.

is there a full homebrew channel? or is it still limited in time?

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
mb01 said:
tredes said:
mb01 said:
cherryduck said:
nintendodstefan said:
frown.gif

How do u install the homebrew channel with the .elf file? Do u need to use the TP hack or is there another way? I have a pal wii with d2ckey

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Well Why there is not different section for VC titles .... it would be cleaner and nicer not to mix VC titles with Wii releases....

Now it's confusing and messed ....

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed Donkey Kong Country 2 and Kirby's Adventure. It worked successfully, but I'm not able to redownload the games in Wii Shop, even if I delete them.

Someone could help me about this? I'll give ya cookies.
smile.gif

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Sonic4Ever said:
I installed Donkey Kong Country 2 and Kirby's Adventure. It worked successfully, but I'm not able to redownload the games in Wii Shop, even if I delete them.

Someone could help me about this? I'll give ya cookies.
smile.gif

I tried Mario Bros (1) today and i got the same problem, when i go to the Wii Shop it says that the game is downloadable but then it prompt me a 201022 error. Yesterday i tried with Donkey Kong 2 and Mario Bros 3 and worked fine. :/

darkpaladinmfc

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed Mario Bros 3 fine, but DKC2 gets the code dump error and I've tried about 5 times. And I've downloaded it from two different places too.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkCamui said:
So the new WAD installer did let me install PAL VC games on my NTSC US Wii though I got the same error as when I tried using the Mario Kart Wii PAL channel "This channel cannot be used"

Hmmm...did you try deleting the channel and then downloading it from wiishop? wonder if wiishop would allow it too. would love the answer to that as my wii is ntsc

Movi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
GbaDoctor said:
cherryduck said:
GbaDoctor said:
Rofl @ Duckula

For anyone wondering, the vc games doesnt seems to work in 480p. At least not on my tv set, but they do fine in s-video and composite (i assume that the max resolution for those emus is 480i).
Wii pal with D2ckey.
Oh well, ill stick with my xbox with component cables and emulators
biggrin.gif

Try loading the game in 480p, then press the Home button, the Wii menu should pop up, if you go to the operation guide then, making sure you have the nunchuck in, press A + 2 + Z (bit of a hand mangler), it should 'ping', then when you press home it should work just fine. I tried this and it worked with everything so far except Donkey Kong Junior.

Oh, thanks sir, i will test it. I didnt know of a button combination to force the games in 480p.
However, my Wii is hookedup with default 480p resolution, i have to test the combination in that mode? do you know if this button combination works also with the games as well? You know, like the B trick on gamecube or Triangle+Cross on ps2.

Well, just tried it, and no go. The game is still in 480i, and i can hear the sound, but no progressive. This must do something different.
Well, either N finally does something about it, or someone hacks the mode into the .wads

Or the homebrew emus will start working in 480p (atm none of them do).

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That button combination forces the VC title to run in interleave mode, which may work if you're having trouble with them when using a component cable. It doesn't have to be in 480p, it's whatever setting you like to use.

Also, to get it back to...erm...non-interleaved mode, you can press A + 1 + Z. Just make sure you enter the operation guide first.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm I'm didn't find Mario Bros 1
frown.gif

Duckula>I think you're right, I have Mario Bros. 3 (I bought it hey) and it don't look as before.

nintendodstefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tredes said:

I haven't use the homebrew channel...only the TP hack.
So i don't know what's the problem anymore.I tryed diferent games and diferent sd cards aswell

I dont get it anymore
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ok see ya