Hacking New userland exploit found with ORAS?

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He said this is a test installer so maybe could work or not work at all
The only thing that could get corrupted is my save right?
I use the 3ds of a friend of mine to install it, so I should use SVDT on his device and then use his 3ds to install the exploit right?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing that could get corrupted is my save right?
I have not tried yet, but if it uses an installer, I think it injects a save and a payload, so I think that what you says is correct.

edit: or maybe only edits your actual save, because I cannot find any save file in the zip

Last edited by Arubaro,

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have not tried yet, but if it uses an installer, I think it injects a save and a payload, so I think that what you says is correct.

edit: or maybe only edits your actual save, because I cannot find any save file in the zip
Well it is a 3dsx file so it uses the homebrew channel. But i'll backup my save, I don't want to lose my 100% save :rofl2:

Reactions: Arubaro

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

IIRC, Pokemon is a card2 game.

Also, pretty sure this is O3DS only, with the test being to see if it works or doesn't work on o3ds systems.

Reactions: Arubaro

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
IIRC, Pokemon is a card2 game.

Also, pretty sure this is O3DS only, with the test being to see if it works or doesn't work on o3ds systems.
...Where does it say that it's O3DS only? All the tweet says is that because mtheall's webserver is down, he can't check wether it works on N3DS.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Oh... and mtheall's servers host an N3DS payload?
mtheall's servers host a script that detects and serves payloads according to the client that connects, but given that mtheall's servers are down he can't download payloads other than the one he already had locally.

Reactions: Arubaro and Ev1l0rd

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's nice to see more exploits being found.
It's also nice that this uses a very common game as exploit, since a lot of people who use homebrew own OR/AS.
But what's really nice is seeing a bunch of people in mad disbelief, almost turning the entire thread against whoever discovered this, getting smashed by evidence. Good for you, GBATemp.

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Isnt there a risk that this exploit will be extremely short lived? Because we're into pokemon 20, have a new game announced and have lots of battle tournaments this year so with this need for online services couldnt nintendo easily send out an update to patch this?

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt there a risk that this exploit will be extremely short lived? Because we're into pokemon 20, have a new game announced and have lots of battle tournaments this year so with this need for online services couldn't nintendo easily send out an update to patch this?
They can't just do that as stated before and they would have to do this in a new update to be able to do that if they legally could. This exploit will definitely not be "short lived".

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
This could become s priamary exploit as you can share secret bases with we just make an exploited base qr code and the exploit is base Hax so if there is an exploit in the bases you could share your exploited base qr code

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: