Hacking New TX SX Information: New FAQs and Homebrew Support Confirmed for Launch

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I crossed out the soldered modchip information in my post. When looking more clearly the page on the distributor's website might imply that they'll be selling licenses to use the SX OS without the dongle.

That's definitely interesting. So potentially for people that don't mind using their PC to load the payload and already have a jig won't have to buy the "Pro" kit with their dongle/jig.

Note: I've had no communication with TX, the reseller or the Chinese distributor. I could be completely wrong but from what I read this sounds like a PS4Wizard type deal.

Last edited by Devin,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I wonder what if anything is stopping everyone from just copying it. Seems like the best option until Atmosphere catches up.

Same thing happened with gateway, people tried to copy their software and gateway wrote in a bricking code for those who didn't buy gateway. I actually still use my gateway card, but only to cover the cartridge slot so it doesn't collect dust.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Same thing happened with gateway, people tried to copy their software and gateway wrote in a bricking code for those who didn't buy gateway. I actually still use my gateway card, but only to cover the cartridge slot so it doesn't collect dust.
Well. To unbrick your switch, you need just your NAND backup and pc. There is no real way to perma brick it.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, I'm really curious now. Can you imagine that all the delay in the release is just a matter of finding a way make profit from something that doesn't need any of these things to run? Or to find a way to make the use of a license for the OS secure?

Last edited by realjumy,
Reactions: Pluupy

Evictor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not entirely sure, but I feel like that's where the "OS software license" will come in. At least that's the feeling I got when I read over the description.
Now yes someone could just share a license file they have, but that never works for the majority of software, so depending on how it is implemented that might not be possible. (unless cracked, but freeware is soon too anyway so doubt it matters)
This would only apply if the software has been licensed. And given that it's primary focus is on piracy, which can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, I hardly think they would go though the hassle trying to obtain one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So its possible to buy only the os without usb dongle?
Its a simple Fusee Gelee playload. So yes. You don't even need to reverse engineer the code. Just pull it off the Teensy or modified Aurdino board they have it on .

Reactions: einsteinx2

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget to buy the OS licence.
Don't you dare to pirate it, how could you?
We trust in your high moral code and adherence to law in order not to pirate the "OS".............................................................

For most switch owners they've already bought the games they're gonna buy. nsw has been stale for a few months, they put too much stock and time in trying to sell cardboard and miyamotos fail project robot game

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For most switch owners they've already bought the games they're gonna buy. nsw has been stale for a few months, they put too much stock and time in trying to sell cardboard and miyamotos fail project robot game
I know, and for this reason you should avoid pirating but buy the licence for an "OS" that we promote as being useful to pirate things... and we trust you won't pirate it... because how could you pirate... but... erm... oh...

Reactions: Maciel

ChaosInJapan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The "XS OS" won't be just a payload.bin download, that would be stupid (for them). Meaning you won't be able to load it from Android or your own fusee-gelee-tool of choice.
I guess it will be their own tool with the payload embedded in it, requiring some kind of authentication. Anyway, 16$ for it seems like a good deal to me.

Reactions: Rizzorules

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it