Hacking New TX SX Information: New FAQs and Homebrew Support Confirmed for Launch

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody doubts that TX are a legitimate group. Indeed, I had an Xecuter 2 CE for my Xbox back in the day. Nor do people doubt that they’ll support their device in the medium term.

The point is that closed projects don’t contribute much to the scene in the long term. They provide quick fixes for people, but none of their developments can be expanded upon by other developers. Instead, people are at the whim of what TX chooses to do, similar to how people were in that situation with Gateway until open solutions helped the scene grow. I don’t really want to start an open source vs. closed source debate here, but closed source doesn’t actually make much sense in a scene like this where most of the developments are made by individual developers rather than companies.

Open vs closed source has been a debate forever on any form of software, we can't stigmatize TX for going with the latter, I believe that competition drives progress, everybody is free to adopt the strategy they prefer, even in piracy imo.

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
I asked some questions on MC and got some answers

I would like to know this to.

Will the SX OS be permenant or can it be removed if needed?
Can you choose between the SX and the normal switch OS when booting up?
Can we update "backups" OTA?
Can we still buy DLC from the eShop? Can we install DLC via the SD card?
Is the SX OS able to go online? If not what's stopping people from sharing their keys for the OS?

Still many questions left to be answered

Answers
- OS is not permanent apparently, reinstall needed on cold boot.
- Yes, on boot you will have cfw and offical os selection. (Also, options to update cfw)
- Not yet known if we can update backups. we don't even kn the microsd backups folder structure yet.
- My guess would be yes for dlc downloaded while running official os, but we must wait to see if the cfw can read the sdcard without having a different archive structure than regular downloaded games on official os have right now.
- The XS can not go online afaik, needs pc to update, that's why it has a usb type C female port. Probably the license key for the cfw are tied to the switch that uses it with some kind of drm check.

Reactions: tpax

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
I asked some questions on MC and got some answers

I would like to know this to.

Will the SX OS be permenant or can it be removed if needed?
Can you choose between the SX and the normal switch OS when booting up?
Can we update "backups" OTA?
Can we still buy DLC from the eShop? Can we install DLC via the SD card?
Is the SX OS able to go online? If not what's stopping people from sharing their keys for the OS?

Still many questions left to be answered

Answers
- OS is not permanent apparently, reinstall needed on cold boot.
- Yes, on boot you will have cfw and offical os selection. (Also, options to update cfw)
- Not yet known if we can update backups. we don't even kn the microsd backups folder structure yet.
- My guess would be yes for dlc downloaded while running official os, but we must wait to see if the cfw can read the sdcard without having a different archive structure than regular downloaded games on official os have right now.
- The XS can not go online afaik, needs pc to update, that's why it has a usb type C female port. Probably the license key for the cfw are tied to the switch that uses it with some kind of drm check.
And you were answered by someone with the exact information that is officially available to everyone.

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
And you were answered by someone with the exact information that is officially available to everyone.
Wow this forum is toxic.

Anyway. On TXs site the description says Includes: USB dongle, tool (use once to install OS)

But the reply to my question states you would need to do it each cold boot. Which would not really mean use ONCE. I am simply trying to find clarification.

Please enlighten me with more info rather than snarky comments. Cheers

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this forum is toxic.

Anyway. On TXs site the description says Includes: USB dongle, tool (use once to install OS)

But the reply to my question states you would need to do it each cold boot. Which would not really mean use ONCE. I am simply trying to find clarification.

You actually have the same information as all of us. No one knows yet. Just wait till tx releases more information

Dunno how what he said was toxic. It's draining when people with the same information as all of us ask pretty silly questions

Last edited by jakkal,

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this forum is toxic.

I've been assuming that what they mean is that you'll need to use the tool provided (probably a PC application) to flash their "OS" (aka the payload and boot menu) to the dongle itself before using it. Not that you will need to install it to your Switch permanently. That could also be the way in which you update to newer versions of the launcher in the future.

I don't know why everyone immediately thinks this is some permanent change to the Switch. Then again, I may be missing something I don't know and others do...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably the license key for the cfw are tied to the switch that uses it with some kind of drm check.

I assume that you supply the serial number of your switch when ordering.

"SX OS is 10 dollars cheaper for those that wish to just use their computer to load the payload, or android phone, and have already joycon jig to short pins 1 and 10 for boot-up, plus also no shipping charges, there within hours after purchasing for you to start playing away!"

It doesn't sound like it will be very hard to be cracked.

I've been assuming that what they mean is that you'll need to use the tool provided (probably a PC application) to flash their "OS" (aka the payload and boot menu) to the dongle itself before using it. Not that you will need to install it to your Switch permanently. That could also be the way in which you update to newer versions of the launcher in the future.

I don't know why everyone immediately thinks this is some permanent change to the Switch. Then again, I may be missing something I don't know and others do...

Right, you install it on the dongle. Or if you don't buy a dongle (and save $10) then you copy it to your phone or computer. I kinda wish someone was making and selling the hardware for $10

Last edited by smf,

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The payload will be reverse engineering within a week
I for one, don't mind shelling out 40 bucks because whatever. I like tx as a company and don't mind giving them 40 bucks when I I've made thousands from them modding Xbox 360s back in the day

lilpataya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I assume that you supply the serial number of your switch when ordering.

"SX OS is 10 dollars cheaper for those that wish to just use their computer to load the payload, or android phone, and have already joycon jig to short pins 1 and 10 for boot-up, plus also no shipping charges, there within hours after purchasing for you to start playing away!"

It doesn't sound like it will be very hard to be cracked.

Right, you install it on the dongle. Or if you don't buy a dongle (and save $10) then you copy it to your phone or computer. I kinda wish someone was making and selling the hardware for $10

That's false, the OS has to be used with the dongle. You can't just buy the software and use it with FG.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You're wrong. The os can be used with other devices

If that was the case they wouldn't be selling the OS separately. Use your head
The licence is being sold separately for people with multiple devices. It says quite clearly that it requires the ‘tools’ that come with the SX Pro package.

lilpataya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You're wrong. The os can be used with other devices

If that was the case they wouldn't be selling the OS separately. Use your head

They're selling one license per console, you can buy the OS alone in order to install it on multiple consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-