ROM Hack New to this whole scene and seeking help! (Pokemon Y rom related)

MetaFlygon08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make edits to a Pokemon Y rom I have, but I can not access the .garc files to use with the various editors. I think (and really think, as I have little to no clue to how this all works) the reason I can't is because I can not decrypt the rom as I do not have a 3DS with the proper firmware (my firmware is on the 8.x-x set).

What I'm searching to find is whether or not I can do anything with my rom, is there a way to decrypt it on my current firmware? Or is there anyway somebody can decrypt the rom for me?

The material I have on hand are: 3DSxL (newest firmware) 3DS (Firmware 8.something), a Gateway 3DS flashcard (in transit should be in on Monday), and a DS light. Is there anything I can do with these? I really want to make my edits and stuff so I can have an enhanced Pokemon Y experience (as I felt the game's setups were rather meh).

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just wait for the Gateway. You will need a file called BigBlueMenu, so go download it (Google). Once it's setup on your Gateway you will use a tool from that manages saves that comes with that package to export/import your saves. We have tutorials all around with more specifics.

MetaFlygon08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I want to import/export my saves, I want to be able to extract the .garc files inside the actual rom itself for editing, then to repack it up later for playing. I just unboxed my Gateway and tried to downgrade my system but I get an error of "Failed to load part of this page"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up