Hacking Question New Switch model, is it hackable?

Notnagel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
onlyfuchs.rf.gd
XP
Country
Germany
The new Units schould have Serialnumbers starting with XKW.

Since I don't have one, you could look in this Thread, if there are some Guys owning a new one already.

Other than this, we can`t say anything for sure now, only that there is a VERY high Chance, that they are Patched.

Montblanc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for your answers, I will try looking for green region models. Hopefully I will find some lurking in a dusty old shop.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some people are looking into it, but whether they'll find anything is anyones guess. I am kinda tempted to get one and leave it in the box for a year in case another exploit is found.

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn it....I was looking for a TV to buy for buying a new switch but if it is currently unpatchable, forget it.

heko

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I already tried with a NEW switch, unfortunately they do not work.

Testing with the guide in here ( sorry as a new member I am not allowed to link anything )

The switch does not display a result even after an hr of waiting for it. It just hangs on uploading the payload.

Sorry but this will not work.

edit: and yes it had 8.0 installed.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you know how to use google and realise that only certain serial numbers are hackable(based on your original post)from the switch model, why do you think nintendo would would start reproducing hardware with a security flaw again....... Really. I am in two minds wether or not this is a troll post, because it just such an unintelligent question.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Highly unlikely for any newer switch iterations to come with the previous bootrom bug unpatched. It would be a dream within a dream for them to include said bug.

Anyways, regardless of what you're buying be sure to check its serial number with this tool even if you were sure and confirmed that it may be a non patched unit, you should confirm it through that website.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which of the 8.1 claimers actually got a new switch. Let's check with LordRahl72, who did.

Some claim that this model should have bootrom protections against any theoretical 7.x Deja Vu though.
SciresM and a few other RS team mebers who’ve gotten one have confirmed that theirs came with 8.0.1

Yea, it almost certainly does, it’d be incredible stupid on their part if they didn’t do anything about Dormez

Reactions: NoNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol