Just picked up the new model Switch with better battery life.

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by LordRahl72, Aug 8, 2019.

1. LordRahl72
    OP

LordRahl72 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    If anyone is looking for one. I got one at Gamestop today. The box art is a little different as you can see here.

[​IMG]

So if you are looking for one of these new models, this is what you want to be looking for.

Here is a video that goes into details on the differences of display, battery life, and other aspects between the two Switch versions.

Last edited by LordRahl72, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:12 PM
  2. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    So...how is it? We all know it's Switch, but.....can it run Crysis BotW for 5+ hours?

TR_mahmutpek likes this.
  3. LordRahl72
    OP

Jun 12, 2018
    United States

It is amazing. I am currently running Red Dead Redemption 2 @8K@144FPS in handheld mode and it isn't even breaking a sweat.

On a serious note, it is a good upgrade for those with a banned modded switch who just wants something legit to play their purchased games on without fear of a ban.

4. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    ...so, it can't blend an iphone....noted.

Everything is pretty much the same then? Do you notice any "improvements" on any game?......Or is this Switch #1 for you?

5. LordRahl72
    OP

Jun 12, 2018
    United States

This is switch # 8 or maybe 9 cant remember now.

It seems mostly the same. It might feel a slightly lighter but but I haven't weigh it to be sure. I just got it over my lunch break at work and only had time to setup my account and get it started at download all the titles I have previously purchased so I haven't had time to do any comparisons. Technically it shouldn't be any different other than the better battery life due to a more efficient chip and components. The display does seem a little brighter and sharper but that could just be because it is new.

Last edited by LordRahl72, Aug 8, 2019
    Upaluppa likes this.
  6. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Awww, lame.
    I hope you'll give an update when you get home.

7. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Did you notice which version firmware was installed? Did you have to update your firmware when you connected to the internet?

LordRahl72 likes this.
  8. LordRahl72
    OP

Jun 12, 2018
    United States

It was on 7.0.1 out of the box before applying the latest update.

Rahkeesh likes this.
  9. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    what is different about the box art ? EDIT nvrm forgot that i had my box laying around right next to me on my shelf and didn't google. Yeah it's quite different so good for people wanting to pick up one up as you can immediately see the difference

Last edited by kumikochan, Aug 8, 2019
    LordRahl72 likes this.
  10. LordRahl72
    OP

Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    This is what the original model switch box art looks like.

[​IMG]

11. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Yeah, just edited my post. But good that people can see the difference. Was a bit afraid they were going to sell them in the same boxes and people couldn't see the difference if they wanted to pick up the newer model. Good that they did

12. LordRahl72
    OP

Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    Yeah its easy to spot.

Its not something someone would want to buy to mod. But if they want to pickup a second switch just to keep stock its definitely a better option than the original model unhackable ones.

kumikochan likes this.
  13. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    true that

14. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Awesome news, thanks for sharing. In theory a Deja Vu exploit could be developed for it at some point.

LordRahl72 likes this.
  15. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Unfortunately the extensions to deja vu that will be necessary to get it running on 7.0.1 use a bootrom exploit, which isn't available in mariko.

Rahkeesh likes this.
  16. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    How sure are you about this? Reswitched folks say it's not likely & others have all been 8.0.1

17. LordRahl72
    OP

Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    Very sure. The console wouldn't let me link my Nintendo account until the system was updated. So after the initial setup and I got into the normal dashboard I went into settings then to system setting to apply the latest update. At that point I took note of the original firmware which was 7.0.1.

18. LucasM3

LucasM3 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2019
    Canada
    You shouldn't have linked a nintendo account. I think you got the supernag people talk about. Should have used the DNS settings to block Nintendo Servers.

19. LordRahl72
    OP

Jun 12, 2018
    United States

I have plenty of other exploitable Switch consoles I can use. I only got this because I wanted to keep it stock and use it for my fairly large official digital game library that I have from the Nintendo store.

20. SonDaan

SonDaan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    Belgium
    Ghent
    Anyone got a list with release dates in different countries?