Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

pyroblazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been much progress since this thread's last update? Here's my dilemma....

My only tools include a single 4G sd card. I have no modchip or usb loader device.

I only had ONE verbatim disc remaining and I used it to burn NSMBW .... good, right? well, except it wasn't patched yet
frown.gif

So I want to know if it's possible by now to run an unpatched NSMBW on a wii ONLY using softmods

junosque55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fat-Goron said:
Frankdj said:
I found a solution for the D2CKey users on 4.2 with only thing they have to install on their Wii is the Homebrew Channel. After that it's just a matter of running Geck OS with a cheatcode that runs the game for you. I don't know if this is the same solution as mentioned in the openingpost in this topic, but I used this website: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/gui...sed-108847.html

Yeah, I've seen it already... but it didn't work... =(

Seriously, i think i've downloaded this game 6 times since i began to follow these "guides": patched NTSC, scrubbed NTSC, normal PAL, normal NTSC.....
I can't realize what I'm doing wrong.

I have D2CKey (Wii 4.2) with Homebrew Channel. I got a clear NTSC Iso, downloaded the cheat, put it in the "codes" folder, Gecko O.S recognized the cheat, applied it and... green screen!
I'm clueless....

what type of errors did you get?

junosque55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
drizzt007 said:
I patched this game the way the tutorial said to, but its still asks for an update. just when I try to play it with the disc channel and the modchip.

playing it using neogamma , and USB doesn't ask for an update, though.

is it still not safe to update through the game?
I'm still on 4.1u

where is the update blocker ?
is it blocked when you scrub the disc? or is it blocked on the console?

Updating will remove bootmii, preloader if you have them installed. it will not update to 4.2 system menu. If you wanna get a bypass for all updates via the disc channel and dont wanna modify the ISO and re-burn again, install preloader or priiloader (mod version)

Neogamma bypasses the updates. If it works just work it through that way. I personally just like to pop the disc in, and play the game. Other users of the wii at home aren't that "wii hack savvy" and preloader just works wonders.

junosque55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fryguy said:
@taktularCBo: doesn't seems like it :/

"* v1.3

- Added hardcoded BCA for NSMB game to enable owners of this title
to play a backup of it using Wiikey 2."

So i guess when the next game which reads BCA we're fscked again :/

If only they can be a little more timely with their releases
biggrin.gif

junosque55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
robiul said:
Guys what do I have to do to get it to work on a modchip wii (wiikey 2) and a cios rev15-only wii?

it's clearly outline on the first post. use any of the methods there. i prefer the patch method with my wiikey 2 and direct disc channel loading. :-)

junosque55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
brainwabrain said:
I was able to patch this and it worked. I used HxD.

offsetg.png

I did a file, save as and saved it as a different name and then burned it at 4x with Imgburn onto TDK DVD-R disk.

Notice that x133 is changed to 01 (all of the other values are correct by default). I've played through world 1-3 with no problems. Before it would give a DRE after 1-1. I have a Wasabi v3.

My IOS53 is still patched, but I doubt that matters since I'm not signing the disc. Only one bit is being changed!

I had the same problem. It's not a problem with what you have done. It's the problem with TDK DVD-R disc. I was rather skeptical about it initially as some games worked fine and others occassionally sucked and a few used to work but shows DRE after few weeks. Then i decided to give it a go and switch brands. Read thru a list of good media and chose Sony. Never had any of such errors ever again. Same ISO, same drive, same speed 4x but Sony / Verbatim media = solid burn. Check the good medias here. I would suggest not to use TDK DVD-R due to the high level of inconsistency.

http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/Wii_DVD_compatibility_list

junosque55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambui said:
I just downloaded the iso. Burned it on a DVD at a 4x Drive (couldn´t do it in a slower speed). I´ve just hacked my Wii. When trying this disc my Wii kind of did a restart action. It tried to load the disk but then returned to the system menu first screen, the one with the warning.

Got 4 other backups, already burned. 3 worked just fine (SSBB, Grand Slam Tenis and Mario Party 8). Wii Sports Resort presented the same issue as NSMB.

Did i do something wrong in during the hacking. Can´t really understand why this is happening.

Thanks in advance.

Change your media to Sony / Verbatim.

Posts merged

Fulcaire said:
QUOTE(Blue-K @ Nov 8 2009, 10:59 PM) 1) Download the WiiScrubber 1.40 Package
2) Run the "MakeKeyBin.exe"
3) Open WiiScrubber, and select your ISO
4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)
6) Open your PPF-Patcher, choose the main.dol for input and the PPFf-Patch for your region, and klick apply.
This is the patched main.dol that you can use for alt.dol-Loading. If you want to patch the ISO, read further.
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol
8) Done. Exit WiiScrubber, and enjoy!

i have a wiikey and would this method work and load the game easily on disc channel fine if i don't use any of the neogamma, rios, etc. crap?

I have a wiikey 2. And it works for me. Direct load from disc channel. I have preloader to bypass any updates too.

cRaZyLeGz

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambui said:
I tried to patch the game but when I open the ISO with WiiScrubber I couldn´t navigate through it. It showed two partitions with a (bad) in front of... Besides, WiiScruber said it only hand about 140 mb

Could my ISO be corrupted?

I came across this just now when I opened it with WiiScrubber, I changed the key for it to 0 by mistake, try redoing the key part again and read what it says with the key, it worked for me.

Hope this solves your problem M8

moli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
moli.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
i have wii v4.2e + wasabi dx v3.0b and unscrubbed iso with bca-patch applied WORKS. scrubbed didnt work for me. have no softmod, never had softmod, will not have softmod.

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I read the first post and I guess some people already ask that question but I will do it again for the records. So i bought a legit copy of New Super Mario Bros Wii (PAL) and want to play it without Update. In the first post says I have to run the game with GeckoOS, but I want it to play with the DiscChannel. How is that possible? Just run the update and play or will it remove my HomebrewChannel? Do I have to start the game with the GeckoOS once and than can play it over the DiscChannel? I really don't know.

burnzy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all those people getting green screen and reset, trucha patching ios36 fixes it, don't know why seeing as it was on 4.1 and mario uses ios53 but thats the case with neogamma..

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if my question has already been asked/answered, but I'm definitely not going through all 214 pages of this thread. I'm trying to follow those few instructions on the first page for patching the iso and replacing the main.dol but I cant seem to find "main.dol" in wiiscrubber 1.4 when I load the iso. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to appear somewhere on the upper space and all I see there is:

WII DISC
Partition:0 - UPDATE (0) (BAD)
Partition:1 - DATA (0) (BAD)

So where exactly do I find this "main.dol"? Sorry if it's a stupid question but Ive never used this program before, and Im pretty sure its not the iso because I also loaded isos from other games that do work on my wii and the same thing came up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Fat-Goron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
junosque55 said:
Fat-Goron said:
Frankdj said:
I found a solution for the D2CKey users on 4.2 with only thing they have to install on their Wii is the Homebrew Channel. After that it's just a matter of running Geck OS with a cheatcode that runs the game for you. I don't know if this is the same solution as mentioned in the openingpost in this topic, but I used this website: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/gui...sed-108847.html

Yeah, I've seen it already... but it didn't work... =(

Seriously, i think i've downloaded this game 6 times since i began to follow these "guides": patched NTSC, scrubbed NTSC, normal PAL, normal NTSC.....
I can't realize what I'm doing wrong.

I have D2CKey (Wii 4.2) with Homebrew Channel. I got a clear NTSC Iso, downloaded the cheat, put it in the "codes" folder, Gecko O.S recognized the cheat, applied it and... green screen!
I'm clueless....

what type of errors did you get?

I really don't know... everything seems to work perfectly, just as the guide in the first page says, until the green screen appears.

Well, as the Gecko OS cheats didn't work out for me, I think I'll try to use the Neogamma... If that doesn't work as well...
wacko.gif

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
hack3r said:
Sorry if my question has already been asked/answered, but I'm definitely not going through all 214 pages of this thread. I'm trying to follow those few instructions on the first page for patching the iso and replacing the main.dol but I cant seem to find "main.dol" in wiiscrubber 1.4 when I load the iso. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to appear somewhere on the upper space and all I see there is:

WII DISC

So where exactly do I find this "main.dol"? Sorry if it's a stupid question but Ive never used this program before, and Im pretty sure its not the iso because I also loaded isos from other games that do work on my wii and the same thing came up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Should be within the data partition but looking at that you either dont have the common key in the directory or its a bad dump

cRaZyLeGz

Trophies
XP
Country
hack3r said:

WII DISC

cRaZyLeGz said:
QUOTE(Cambui @ Dec 17 2009, 05:22 PM) I tried to patch the game but when I open the ISO with WiiScrubber I couldn´t navigate through it. It showed two partitions with a (bad) in front of... Besides, WiiScruber said it only hand about 140 mb

Could my ISO be corrupted?

I came across this just now when I opened it with WiiScrubber, I changed the key for it to 0 by mistake, try redoing the key part again and read what it says with the key, it worked for me.

Hope this solves your problem M8

It's the WiiScrubber thats at fault there M8, I had the same problem, go back and redo the keybin with WiiScrubber and read what it says to do.

scarletfire74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just buy it - we all owe Nintendo that much. None of us would be here discussing this topic had it not been for the predecessors to this title.
Most games I don't care about backing up, but the Mario's and Zelda's of the world bring out my sentimental side. Call me a sentimental douche if you want to, but that's just how I feel.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scarletfire74 said:
Just buy it - we all owe Nintendo that much. None of us would be here discussing this topic had it not been for the predecessors to this title.
Most games I don't care about backing up, but the Mario's and Zelda's of the world bring out my sentimental side. Call me a sentimental douche if you want to, but that's just how I feel.

I get what you're saying and I agree about the whole mario and zelda thing. I'm kind of dirt poor at the moment though lol. But when I have money to spare I think I will buy this game.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hack3r said:
scarletfire74 said:

I get what you're saying and I agree about the whole mario and zelda thing. I'm kind of dirt poor at the moment though lol. But when I have money to spare I think I will buy this game.

Come on, I am too a supporter of buying good games, but I don't recommend buying the first party games and games that sell so much.
This game doesn't need to be supported by us, no, games like Pro Evolution Soccer, MadWorld, The Conduit, CoD MW Reflex, Little Kings Story, F1 2009, Overlord, No More Heroes, .... need to be supported.

These big games, mostly first party games, sell enough to make a profit already. Those little games don't. So your purchase of that game matters so much more for those games then with the first party games.

goofball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! I am slightly confused. I have a wii modded with a drivekey to play legit back-ups. It is not software hacked and its on the 4.0 U Fw. My question is that I wanted to play NSMBW, on it but dont want to risk is ruining my chip. Its a retail original copy. So is it okay to play it even though my wii is chipped?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...