Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fryguy said:
QUOTE said:
2009-11-26 >> NSMB fixed on DriveKey!

We have fixed the NSMB issue in DriveKey. The updated firmware will be in all chips shipping from Monday 30th November. We will also be providing an update for existing DriveKey owners, which will be released as soon as the JTAG programmer is ready. In the near future we will also publish a standard for appending BCA data at the end of the ISO image, so that any new game with this new protection will work without any update of the chip. The actual game ISO will remain unmodified.

Hope there will be an updated firmware for Wiikey 2 too as well.

if a wiikey 2 update happens would it work for original wiikeys too?

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fryguy said:
QUOTE said:
2009-11-26 >> NSMB fixed on DriveKey!

We have fixed the NSMB issue in DriveKey. The updated firmware will be in all chips shipping from Monday 30th November. We will also be providing an update for existing DriveKey owners, which will be released as soon as the JTAG programmer is ready. In the near future we will also publish a standard for appending BCA data at the end of the ISO image, so that any new game with this new protection will work without any update of the chip. The actual game ISO will remain unmodified.

Yes, but you will have to fork out another 15 dollars or so for a progammer and then open it up if you dont have the JTAG hooked up, which most people dont.
Think I will be ordering a Wode when they get some in, I like the usb loader it has.

Mopel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Aryudsoh said:
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have a D2CKey installed and am running a 4.1E Wii with ciosrev14. Trying to run NSMBW PAL disc (from an unpatched iso) in NeoGammaR8beta15. I put the NeoGamma folder in the apps folder and put the SMNP.wip and SMNE.wip files in the NeoGamma folder (tried putting the .wip files in separately on subsequent tries as well). I then search patches on the SD card and save. Then when I try to boot it says "No patch found" and then green screens.

Any help would be appreciated

got yourself geckoOS+SMNP01.gct and it will run flawless!

uscjunkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why the game locks up every time I go to enter the castle in level 2? I thought it was a fluke but it has happened 3 more times that I have tried. The game has played fine until I get to that point. I am using a soft modded Wii and playing from a USB drive. The game has locked at that point no matter what loader I use and I have tried several.

DEFAULTx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that this thread needs anymore posts but I figured I'd note what worked for me. I think we need just a solution topic so everyone can reference. I read through every page before finding my solution.

I have 3.4U SoftMod with cIOS38 rev14 and NeoGamma R8 Beta15.

neogamma folder in root of SD with SMNE.wip & SMNP.wip

burned iso unpatched (ws_nsmbw_ntsc.iso)

ran neogamma from HBC & chose YES for Search Patches

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my friends wii, softmod, Neogamma R7 using Cios rev 14 and rev 15, unpatched game give me the 001 error and using the alt. dol results in restarting the wii after trying to launch the game in Neogamm R7. Any suggestions?

But when I run configurable usb loader on his wii, through my external hardrive which already has super mario bros wii, works on his wii flawlessly.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
neokingster said:
will the retail disk work on menu 4.1?
It should work on 4.1·, since the game contains the 4.1 Update. If not, look at the first post.

Also: Please, please, don't send me PMs for Questions how to get this to work. Ask in this Thread, if something is unclear, or use the Search. Thanks!

desotoman56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Can someone send me those two wip files or put them on rapidshare? I'm in china and the great firewall of china has mediafire blocked. I can't seem to get any of my proxies to work with mediafire either. It'd be greatly appreciated. If it's easy to email, my extra spam box is patdel80 at yahoo

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

gbaMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Help softmod NTSC wii with D2Ckey for NSMB?

I’ve been struggling with this for a while so any help would be appreciated.
I have an NTSC wii with a D2CKey installed. I have been hardmod exclusive for two years.
To get NSMB to work I have burned both the patched and unpatched versions of the NTSC game.
I first tried the burns and it did update me to 4.1U but then just crashes me out. Console either errors or goes green/black and freezes.

I have installed Homebrew Channel using the bannerbomb save.
I have tried the NeoGamma R8Beta with both patched and unpatched dvds. The game crashes with error either before load or after I choose “Start”.
I have tried GeckoOS and the cheats but the version I downloaded (from link on updated first post) didn’t give me the option to activate Ocarina.
Now I want to try the NeoGamma R8Beta15 however when I try to install IOS53 or 60 I get an error = -1 (I have placed the .wip patches in the Neogamma folder with the .dol.)

So I need help resolving this error code for the IOS (again these steps above are all I’ve done to “softmod” the hardmodded wii) to try R8Beta15.

OR maybe some help with GeckoOS (from link in first post) to understand why I don’t get the option to allow the activation of Ocarina.

Connecting the wii to the internet isn’t physically possible for me (if that makes some difference) so please keep that in mind.

Thanks (truly) for any and all guidance and help.

DEFAULTx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodangel said:
hi. whats smne.wip and smnp.wip? i have same neogamma as you but have no option to search for patches in it.

only reason i could think you dont see the option is that you don't have cIOS38rev14 installed...you have to go into options to find it when you run neogamma...the 2 files are the patches for the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game