Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have usb loader rev 830, it should work without issues... make sure your running cios 222 and not 249 when loading it ( in the settings area for the game on the loader)

bzaigege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
bzaigege said:
can someone make a .gct file for the NTSC-U version?

OK I have never made a GCT file before or used Ocarina but give this a go.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmddyyutzzj

thank you jakejm79. i don't know how hex editing works or making codes for ocarina. i saw ur posts b4 regarding what value to change this and that and thought to give it a try out of luck try to make a .gct but it doesn't work. what did u put in ur txt file? mines was this.

SMNE01
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Bypass Error
9421FFD0 4E800020

oh yea.. your file is working so far. THANK YOU. i'll continue playing and see what happens

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
bzaigege said:

Do you need GeckOS and CiosCorp for this to work, or can NeoGamma use codes now? Also, does it matter if this is the NTSC scrubbed or 1:1 copy?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the GCT for the PAL version, then found the difference between the offset in the GCT file and the offset for the PAL dol, I then added that difference to the offset for the NTSC dol.
The offset in the GCT file is different than in the dol file, but I am not sure how they differ, if whomever created the PAL GCT file could let me know what the did to figure it out I would be happy to try and make a working NTSC one.

bzaigege, are you saying my GCT file does work or doesn't? If it doesn't then let me know and I will try and figure it out, I originally thought u were saying it didnt work, but I reread your post and it appears it is.

airpirate545, I don't know if neogamma works with gct files, but I know gecko OS does, I believe if playing by disc tho you need a modchip and gecko OS/neogamma, the only way to get it to work in a softmod only scenario is USB loading, tho there are some confirmations of people using the disc loading function of uloader and getting it to work via disc without a modchip, but I believe that has only been tested on the PAL version (should work for NTSC too tho).

bzaigege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
I took the GCT for the PAL version, then found the difference between the offset in the GCT file and the offset for the PAL dol, I then added that difference to the offset for the NTSC dol.
The offset in the GCT file is different than in the dol file, but I am not sure how they differ, if whomever created the PAL GCT file could let me know what the did to figure it out I would be happy to try and make a working NTSC one.

bzaigege, are you saying my GCT file does work or doesn't? If it doesn't then let me know and I will try and figure it out, I originally thought u were saying it didnt work, but I reread your post and it appears it is.

airpirate545, I don't know if neogamma works with gct files, but I know gecko OS does, I believe if playing by disc tho you need a modchip and gecko OS/neogamma, the only way to get it to work in a softmod only scenario is USB loading, tho there are some confirmations of people using the disc loading function of uloader and getting it to work via disc without a modchip, but I believe that has only been tested on the PAL version (should work for NTSC too tho).

it's working. i've been playing and leaving it on for like 30 minutes and no disc read error yet.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
jakejm79 said:

Thanks, I'll try that, does it matter if its scrubbed?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read the very 1st post it gives all the details regarding the different loading methods, same apply to both PAL and NTSC, but note that you will have to use different cheats and/or patched dol depending on the ISO region.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I have D2CKey here with no cIOS whatsoever..

From what I understand.. instaling IOS 53 with the Trucha Patch will make the game work. Is that it? Just it?
unsure.gif

shwink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can not get my retail copy to run on my soft mod (get error 002 eject disc). I am using system menu 3.2 but do not want to update as I am afraid of bricking my wii. I am using backup loader gamma 002 fix. Also tried with gecko os and get same error.

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
BE UNPATCHED!
-Try GeckoOS, and this Cheat File (Thanks to Fenrir). Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS
-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS for this, and play the fixed ISO. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet!

I understand IOS53 is v5406, but do i need to re-install IOS60 v6174 ??

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't understand step :
6) Change 4 bytes starting at 0x1ab750 to 4e 80 00 20
can someone help me? Which hex editor are you using exactly.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting to play the NTSC version of this game. I don't have a chipped console, I'm using softmod. I'm using CIOSRev14 because I heard Rev15 is a broken release right now. I've tried to use Neogamma, Gecko OS with cheat, but no go. It just goes back to the wii menu. Haven't tried Neogamma R8 beta 7 yet, because I cant remember if uninstalling Neogamma then installing a newer version will effect CIOSCorp. Any help? I'm using a clean iso.

sideshow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
bzaigege said:

Thank you so much for the cheat code. I have the USA version and this has so far worked great. I have gotten to 1-4 without the game giving my the error code message.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sideshow said:
jakejm79 said:
bzaigege said:

Thank you so much for the cheat code. I have the USA version and this has so far worked great. I have gotten to 1-4 without the game giving my the error code message.

Would you mind giving your setup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +1