Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
TaxiTitan said:
I only get green screen using gecko, & dre using the disc channel.
What shall I do to make the disc working?
I have a D2CKEY modchip installed.
I used brickblocker even though it was pal, because of never update through Nintendo
I have 4.1E
I wanna play mario.
First post says you need:
IOS60 &
IOS53 both trucha signed. And it has a link to Dop-IOS MOD which you use to sign them.

That is to get it to work from the Disc Channel using your D2Ckey.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
El-Grosso said:
computerboy said:
No offence but do we really need all these people which just joined and post to say they managed to make it work?
unsure.gif
Blue-K maybe if you put a poll it might help reduce the posts which annoys people trying to find the info in this thread.

exactly, i'm just waiting for a fix for softmod. i don't have access to usb loader or any of that, so i just have to sit this one out until a fix is produced, which i hope happens soon as this wait is killing me.

you do know that usbloader also works with a sd card? this is what im doing now since i dont have an external hdd either

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
konakona-chan said:
How are people fitting this on 1 and 2GB memory sticks when the game is over 4GB? I had a 377MB scrubbed version, extracted it and it became 4.37GB.
You have to format the card to WBFS and use WBFS Manager to transfer it.

Put the .ISO, not the .rar onto it.

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
TaxiTitan said:
I only get green screen using gecko, & dre using the disc channel.
I used brickblocker even though it was pal, because of never update through Nintendo
I have 4.1E
I wanna play mario.
First post says you need:
IOS60 &
IOS53 both trucha signed. And it has a link to Dop-IOS MOD which you use to sign them.

That is to get it to work from the Disc Channel using your D2Ckey.

This does not work on my d2ckey. I've tried both revisions of IOS53 that Dop-IOS makes available and i just get a black screen from the disc channel and a green screen from neogamma, whether i used a patched mario iso or not. Given I've seen numerous people with d2ckeys having the same issue, I can't imagine all of us are making the exact same mistakes with installing the fixed IOSes since the procedure is so simple.

I can run it from USB however without any issue.

sak50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO

PainToad said:
TaxiTitan said:
TaxiTitan said:
Mine does not work.
I use a non patched game burned.

-Tried NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed
-Tried GeckoOS, and this Cheat File Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS

I have 4.1E
I wanna play mario.

1. Read instruction on front page.
2. Don't follow them correctly.
3. Bitch about it not working.

Posts merged

LMAO

PainToad said:
QUOTE(TaxiTitan @ Nov 11 2009, 11:43 PM) QUOTE(TaxiTitan @ Nov 11 2009, 11:10 PM)
Mine does not work.
I use a non patched game burned.

-Tried NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed
-Tried GeckoOS, and this Cheat File Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS

I have 4.1E
I wanna play mario.
1. Read instruction on front page.
2. Don't follow them correctly.
3. Bitch about it not working.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Lukeage said:
This does not work on my d2ckey. I've tried both revisions of IOS53 that Dop-IOS makes available and i just get a black screen from the disc channel and a green screen from neogamma, whether i used a patched mario iso or not. Given I've seen numerous people with d2ckeys having the same issue, I can't imagine all of us are making the exact same mistakes with installing the fixed IOSes since the procedure is so simple.

I can run it from USB however without any issue.
Well, I'm in the same boat as you. 'Cept I have a Wiikey. I just assumed that you hadn't done that as so many people says it works.

I'm going to delete IOS53 and reinstall it to see if that works.

I copped the same thing as you did by PainToad when I posted my results.

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379 said:
Forte89 said:
ok earlier me and my brother played all the way to world 4 then we took a break, after a bit of time, we went back to play some more and now its freezing again, is it because i added some other games to the usb drive or could it be something else?
Adding games to the USB drive would not affect that. Or shouldn't. Perhaps some settings were used with your loader the last time you played that have to be manually set this time too?
Hmm I have this same problem... I can play for a while but the game eventually starts hanging on a black loading screen, and the only way to fix it is to delete my save and but the game back on my usb drive.
frown.gif

tkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
supersonic5000 said:
Gamemaster1379 said:
Forte89 said:
ok earlier me and my brother played all the way to world 4 then we took a break, after a bit of time, we went back to play some more and now its freezing again, is it because i added some other games to the usb drive or could it be something else?
Adding games to the USB drive would not affect that. Or shouldn't. Perhaps some settings were used with your loader the last time you played that have to be manually set this time too?
Hmm I have this same problem... I can play for a while but the game eventually starts hanging on a black loading screen, and the only way to fix it is to delete my save and but the game back on my usb drive.
frown.gif
Maybe it's becase you are using cheat codes ?
I think the all item code makes my wii frezze.

Horkel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey. I don't get it to work either.

I have a wiikey 1.9s und ran safe 4.2 updater awhile ago. (never used anything but geckoOS)

For NSMB I used the TBR and then this cios rev14 thing and it still doesn't work, neither does the fixed nor the unfixed iso (tried neogamma, geckoos, with/without cheat etc.).

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
Horkel said:
Hey. I don't get it to work either.

I have a wiikey 1.9s und ran safe 4.2 updater awhile ago. (never used anything but geckoOS)

For NSMB I used the TBR and then this cios rev14 thing and it still doesn't work, neither does the fixed nor the unfixed iso (tried neogamma, geckoos, with/without cheat etc.).
"Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS for this, and play the fixed ISO."
HAVE YOU DONE THIS!? FFS.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used wiiscrubber to put the patched main.dol into the iso and have been running the game perfectly for about two days now, but I just went to start the game again (on world 3) and it says I have a corrupted save. Anyone else having save file issues even after patching the game? Is there any way to recover my game?
BTW, I'm running in Wiiflow R17 w/ 002 fix on and force NTSC (USA Wii) on Rev 14

G0d3L

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PainToad said:
"Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS for this, and play the fixed ISO."

About that I'd want to ask a couple of things.

I have downloaded IOS53-64-v6406 (the lateset version of the three available) with NUSD and then used Free The Bug (wwpacker, only the first of the three patches, NOT ES_verify, NOT nand patch). If I install it with WadManager it's the same thing that using DOP-IOS and apply the Trucha Patch?

I have a 3.2 hard modded and stayed back on the 3.2 fw because of the trucha bug-ios: do I need to patch the same IOS30?
Can I do the same steps as above for the IOS53?

Thanks for your efforts guys

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is a softmod method, could somebody PM me that method so I can play. I have the alt dol and the release from Wiis*s. Am I going to have to find another copy or will this one do?

Posts merged

If there is a softmod message, could somebody PM me that method so I can play. I have the alt dol and the release from Wiis*s. Am I going to have to find another copy or will this one do?

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
G0d3L said:
PainToad said:

About that I'd want to ask a couple of things.

I have downloaded IOS53-64-v6406 (the lateset version of the three available) with NUSD and then used Free The Bug (wwpacker, only the first of the three patches, NOT ES_verify, NOT nand patch). If I install it with WadManager it's the same thing that using DOP-IOS and apply the Trucha Patch?

That should work, I'd still use DOP-IOS but.

QUOTE(G0d3L @ Nov 12 2009, 01:12 AM)
I have a 3.2 hard modded and stayed back on the 3.2 fw because of the trucha bug-ios: do I need to patch the same IOS30?
Can I do the same steps as above for the IOS53?

Thanks for your efforts guys

Correct, if your on 3.2, you shouldn't have to patch your system menu IOS, but yes you still need to patch IOS53.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is a softmod message, could somebody PM me that method so I can play. I have the alt dol and the release from Wiis*s. Am I going to have to find another copy or will this one do?

EDIT: crap! sorry about the double post... my connection is acting up.

Posts merged

Posts merged

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram