Hacking New Super Mario Bros Extreme! (NSMBE Team) Join Here!

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cafezinho said:
(One another thing) You use the NSMB editor 5.1??? Can you give me a quick tutorial of what i don't know???
Hmm.... I don't really know how to edit the maps for NSMBW... I beleve NSMB editor 5.1 is for the ds one only...

EDIT: What I use to edit the levels is the Reggie! Level Editor... Not sure if it edit's maps though... I don't have the second version... yet...

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS one? hmm..... not to be mean or rude or anything but I think the wii one is better...
yaywii.gif

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cafezinho said:
Godson777 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Godson777 said:
The DS one? hmm..... not to be mean or rude or anything but I think the wii one is better...
yaywii.gif
You're a fucking asshole.

j/k. I had to say it.
o_o

I don't have a wii and i dont wanna use a emulator(if exist)
oh....... I see.... Well I'm not sure about making a ds version... But I'll think about it...

Cafezinho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
smbeteam.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Godson777 said:
Cafezinho said:
Godson777 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Godson777 said:
yaywii.gif
You're a fucking asshole.

j/k. I had to say it.
o_o

I don't have a wii and i dont wanna use a emulator(if exist)
oh....... I see.... Well I'm not sure about making a ds version... But I'll think about it...

Ok THX

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a few more touch-ups and cover submissions. I cleaned up the logo slightly and cut it out. I was going to move the Extreme sign over to where the ".Wii" currently is but it just didn't look good to me. SO i just kept it the way it is for now. The full cover of course will need screenshots and text at minimum... and possibly a full replacement of huge Mario. Anyhow, here's what things look like at the moment.

ExtremeSuperMarioBrosLogo.png
ExtremeSuperMarioBros3d.png
ExtremeSuperMarioBros2d.png

ExtremeSuperMarioBrosDisc.png

ExtremeSuperMarioBrosFull.png

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kallstar said:
Here's a few more touch-ups and cover submissions. I cleaned up the logo slightly and cut it out. I was going to move the Extreme sign over to where the ".Wii" currently is but it just didn't look good to me. SO i just kept it the way it is for now. The full cover of course will need screenshots and text at minimum... and possibly a full replacement of huge Mario. Anyhow, here's what things look like at the moment.

ExtremeSuperMarioBrosLogo.png
ExtremeSuperMarioBros3d.png
ExtremeSuperMarioBros2d.png

ExtremeSuperMarioBrosDisc.png

ExtremeSuperMarioBrosFull.png
It.... Looks........ PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could rename the Game to Extreme Super Mario Bros. Wii... After all everything looks perfect!

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Godson777 said:
It.... Looks........ PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could rename the Game to Extreme Super Mario Bros. Wii... After all everything looks perfect!
Thanks glad you like it. I thought it looked pretty good too.

QUOTE(Pop006 @ May 9 2010, 03:23 PM) I don't mean to sound like a prick... but I think you can do better than simply using an image from what, in all honesty, is another game (another gmae in this series, true, but different game none-the-less)

http://www.gossipgamers.com/wp-content/upl...wsupermario.jpg
Take image, Mirror, Add new name, done

A little... thoughtless? no?
You don't sound like a prick in the least. I always welcome any and all criticism on all my work. It is very clear that i used that image, i didn't mirror it as some clever way to hide that fact but simply so that huge mario's foot wouldn't be mostly behind the "extreme" logo. Yes it is from a different game, and yes it wasn't the most creative thing to do. The way I use photoshop (and perhaps i should stop right here and just say i do a LOT of different photoshop work) is i try to take a shortcut whenever possible. I thought the image would suit the game well, and unfortunately i'm not nintendo, so i don't plan on rendering new 3d models myself.

I'm not trying to defend mirroring the image (which i also had to airbrush in parts btw), just simply explaining why i used it in the first place. It fit nicely, thats all. Of course that doesn't really reflect the time i've spent looking for many many alternatives to incorporate into a completely new cover. But since we're playing pictionary take a look at this

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/910...22-1024-768.jpg

Let me know if a certain portion of that image looks familiar.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can respect that Kallstar... I'm just trying to give my opinion here nothing more
To me that would be an amazing cover for a nsmbDS remake on the wii... but just because the picutre is "extreame" doesn't make it fit the game perfectly, imho.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6725/newersmbw.png
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2460/newcovere.jpg

^^those are some images we played around with for concept ideas for the NEWER project game cover... the Second one is what we think we will go with, but finish off once the game is done to incorporate more of our custom changes into it.
They are made 100% of recycled Nintendo images, but see how its a bit more 'creative'.

Again, just my $0.02
smile.gif

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pop006 said:
I can respect that Kallstar... I'm just trying to give my opinion here nothing more
To me that would be an amazing cover for a nsmbDS remake on the wii... but just because the picutre is "extreame" doesn't make it fit the game perfectly, imho.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6725/newersmbw.png
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2460/newcovere.jpg

^^those are some images we played around with for concept ideas for the NEWER project game cover... the Second one is what we think we will go with, but finish off once the game is done to incorporate more of our custom changes into it.
They are made 100% of recycled Nintendo images, but see how its a bit more 'creative'.

Again, just my $0.02
smile.gif
Its hard to really disagree with everything you're saying because i COMPLETELY agree. Huge Mario really doesn't go perfectly to the nsmb extreme remake. As for the Newer project game covers... that is some of the most beautiful work I've seen (especially the logo). Easily better than the nintendo images. The difference between that and my quick edits is night and day both in terms of quality and creativity.

So while I put in my $0.02 too, yours are far more valuable pennies. I'll probably change up a few things eventually, though I HIGHLY doubt it'll ever be near the Newer project covers/logo quality.

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metroid4life14 said:
Great that you guys have the cover and all... but have you guys actually made any LEVELS???
Only 5 levels..... Apperently not much people pay attention to this thread...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)