• Views 50,000
  • Replies 595

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, Australians, I just switched my Aussie 3DS Region to the UK and I was able to download NSMB2 $10 cheaper than the Aussie Store.
Seems like I'm not the only smart aussie :)

You did this too?
Hell yeah, why would I let Nintendo charge me the most expensive price for the game? see page 23 of this thread:

I'm really excited for the UK midnight launch of NSMB2:

1/ The midnight launch of NSMB2 on the eShop for the UK, is 7am in the morning for me (I live in Australia) .

2/ And not only do I get the game 1 day in advance, I get $10AUD off the Australian RRP, because I'm using a UK eShop account.

3/ I've also pre-downloaded the game files from Nintendo's CDN, and set up a proxy server so it downloads from my computer. Avoiding the inevitable slow download speeds resulting from everyone downloading it at once.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, Australians, I just switched my Aussie 3DS Region to the UK and I was able to download NSMB2 $10 cheaper than the Aussie Store.
Seems like I'm not the only smart aussie :)

You did this too?
Hell yeah, why would I let Nintendo charge me the most expensive price for the game? see page 23 of this thread:

I'm really excited for the UK midnight launch of NSMB2:

1/ The midnight launch of NSMB2 on the eShop for the UK, is 7am in the morning for me (I live in Australia) .

2/ And not only do I get the game 1 day in advance, I get $10AUD off the Australian RRP, because I'm using a UK eShop account.

3/ I've also pre-downloaded the game files from Nintendo's CDN, and set up a proxy server so it downloads from my computer. Avoiding the inevitable slow download speeds resulting from everyone downloading it at once.

Smart Man!

Reactions: 1 person

catcat8023

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dscardes.com
XP
Country
United States
Lives are there because it's what people are used to. But you essentially get as many tries as you want to beat a level, without being faced with the draconian punishment of being resent to an earlier part of the game if you fail to win in a semi-fixed number of 'tries'.
:ninja: Totally agree, but it's only entertainment is not a race

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, it's £40 as an eshop download and £25 in some stores. I'd be tempted to download it for convenience sake for a little more, but not a full 15 quid more.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I've had my fill of the game already this morning, and I am enjoying it, a lot.

I already found the secret exit on the first fortress, and found a great trick already.
If you grab all the red coins on the 1-Cannon level, you'll be rewarded a Gold Flower, put straight into your item slot.

You can take the Gold Flower to level 1-2 and with the sheer abundance of blocks and Koopas, you'll make a killing in coins.
You can even go down a pipe to go to another area, then go back to the main path and enemies will respawn. There's this one gathering of Koopa Troopas just to the left of the last exit pipe and they can be defeat over and over again.
I made over 1300 coins in a single level! Could've got more but I took damage, I had plenty of time left on the clock.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So I've had my fill of the game already this morning, and I am enjoying it, a lot.

I already found the secret exit on the first fortress, and found a great trick already.
If you grab all the red coins on the 1-Cannon level, you'll be rewarded a Gold Flower, put straight into your item slot.

You can take the Gold Flower to level 1-2 and with the sheer abundance of blocks and Koopas, you'll make a killing in coins.
You can even go down a pipe to go to another area, then go back to the main path and enemies will respawn. There's this one gathering of Koopa Troopas just to the left of the last exit pipe and they can be defeat over and over again.
I made over 1300 coins in a single level! Could've got more but I took damage, I had plenty of time left on the clock.
Awesome! But you might want to put that in spoiler tags... Since it contains some in-depth info. ;)

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking forward to picking this game up today, dont know about anyone else but theres always that bit of excitement when buying a first party Nintendo title :)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got 8256 coins on one stage :) Hope you all enjoy this game as much as I do.
Interesting, I only pulled 3000+ on a recent stage at that.

I'm only still early in the game, and lemme tell ya, coins aside, the Golden Flower is overpowered.
The shots have such a large area of effect that they only need to hit a wall to knock-out nearby enemies, the general need to aim accurately is largely reduced because of this.
They do compensate by having the Gold Flower wear off by the time you touch the flagpole though.

Incidentally, you know how the timer on finishing a stage would make a bonus area appear on the map, right?
I got a 77 at the end of a level, and got a Rainbow bonus area, as opposed to something like a Toad House.
It's a very nice change from the usual receiving of items that's for sure, the mini-level is a massive coin grab!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Should I get NSMB2? It's $79 (I don't really mind the price)

How is the game? Does it feel almost the same as DS?
How is the 3D effect?

My bro likes these platformers and I feel quite bad forcing my bro to sell his US 3D Land so that I could upgrade to a JP set, so I might buy this in exchange.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, it's £40 as an eshop download and £25 in some stores. I'd be tempted to download it for convenience sake for a little more, but not a full 15 quid more.
You can get NSMB2 for £25!? Where?

Tesco Entertainment, Hotukdeals...seriously, check it out.

Also, loving the game so far, never EVER played a Mario game where I'm so focussed on coins...half way through World 2 and got 8000 coins haha (Did Coin Rush once as well), great stuff :)

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
How is the 3D effect?
the 3DS videos and reviews I've read all said that the 3D effect is just about nonexistent.

I concur, it's like they didn't even try. Which is kind of sad...they could've used it really well, maybe for like hidden areas, so that depth perception is the only way to find them. Or a powerup that used the 3D in a more intuitive way, like turning the camera round paper mario style and letting Mario charge through mega mushroom-esque in almost a Sonic Colours like fashion.

Wasted opportunity imo....Still a great game :)

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um im just making sure i understand about this game coming out in the eshop it the full game that is going downloadable on the 3ds and not a demo correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night