1. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Redhead Believer

France
    Well the fact is that you can't get a private header without an exploitable 3DS. (<9.2) OR a Powersave.
    It's not that hard, everything is available on internet and there are lots of tutorials.

I used the exploitable 3DS method with GW launcher on a 9.2 system. (My own 3DS is 9.9 because it is a new 3DS that was shipped on 9.5 but my sister's one is 9.2)

2. thealgorithm

thealgorithm GBAtemp Fan

Hopefully there should not be any more newer revisions of this sky3ds cart (as the firmware is upgradable - although no guarantees in working as it should perhaps) The inclusion of just copying files to the SD instead of using that awful diskwriter software should be a lot more convenient

3. snk2

snk2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    where can i buy this in Europe?

4. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Redhead Believer

France
    There is a list of resellers on the sky3DS website.

http://www.sky3ds.com/reseller.html
    There is no specific reseller for Romania but the main part of the resellers will ship to other countries. (Specifically the two Polish resellers)

5. hamstrman

hamstrman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh I got a private header from a generous poster on this board. It was provided to me in a bin file (if I remember correctly). I just wouldn't know how to... transition it to the new format.

Welp, I just ordered one last night from a US reseller, named reputable on this board, annnnnnnnd my credit card got destroyed because it was flagged as an "in-store" purchase in China. *headdesk* :wtf:

6. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Redhead Believer

France
    Damn, you aren't lucky.
    I'll probably order to one of the French resellers, they seems serious. (In fact there is also logic-sunrise but well, the same card is cheaper on other website so I'll probably order somewhere else)

7. Deleted-19228

Deleted-19228 Newbie

Except the future "AP" which will be n3ds-only games :P

8. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

United States
    true i guess sky does have a place under the same sun as me:rolleyes:

9. Father Crilly

Father Crilly GBAtemp's Phoney Priest

I emailed the Sky3DS team asking them would they continue to release template files for the blue button card and I got this back:

If this is true then I think they do care about their customers. Whatever the case, they're giving me a reason not to buy their new card.

10. Thornhill33

Thornhill33 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Just open .bin file as header and .3ds as ROM in Gateway Rom Patcher and it will show you the CARD_ID/FLASH_ID in the header, and propose a proper FLASH_ID (aka CHIP_ID) in case the one in header does not match with the ROM size.

Then, note down the CARD_ID/FLASH_ID values and put in in .CFG file.

Less simple than GW .3dz solution, but if it works...

11. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Redhead Believer

France
    Yea, it may be a bit more difficult but remember that Gateway only works with sign patching...
    That is not the case for sky3DS.

12. Thornhill33

Thornhill33 Member
    Newcomer

France
    I underdtood that header CARD_ID/CHIP_ID are not included in signed part, but I could be wrong.

13. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Redhead Believer

France
    If this is the case, the fact of injecting the header may be sufficient. (We may suppose that the header that will be used for the cfg file is the one in the 3DS file?)

I don't know, I'm just purposing but I'll take the example of the backup I did yesterday.

I dumped Mario Kart 7 using Gateway Launcher and I got a .3ds file. I opened it with GW Rom Patcher, I read my header and extracted it but this header is private and I'm the only one to see it.
    If I use my own private dump on the Sky3DS, the rom itself is containing a header, why would it use another one?

Now if I inject a header (the one from MK7) in a rom that would come from that iso site. I inject the header in this rom, I still have a .3ds file and as the header is not in the signed part, we didn't mess with anything. Why would the Sky3DS use another header?

It may be possible that the headers are not in their files but in the rom itself or that their file contains headers for roms that have blank headers?
    It would be interesting to understand how it really works and manages with that kind of things but as nobody got it at the moment... Wait and see.

14. Thornhill33

Thornhill33 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Afaik, Sky3DS did never use the header in .3ds files because most of the public ROM dumps have blank one and can't allow online play.
    Instead, they originally used their own collected header information in order to allow online play, that was the purpose of their template file, and all Sky3DS users were using the same ID for each ROM.

Unfortunately Nintendo started to ban duplicate ID, so Sky3DS users had to inject their private headers with No Ban No Sky (not supported by Sky3DS team).

Now it seems the new gamelist.bin database for Sky3DS+ has the same purpose as former Sky3DS template, but they implemented the .CFG in order to make the private header injection simplier and supported.

I don't know why they did not follow the 3dz GW method.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  15. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Redhead Believer

France
    Well maybe, we can just edit their files and replace the header for every games. (As it was did with some tools like No Ban No Sky for the template file)

If someone do that, each time you launch a new game, the cfg file will be created with your own private header and that become way simpler. For the moment, I just want to see this file but it isn't available right now...

16. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    They were not even clones, they were legit Sky3ds carts.

These people bought whole sale Sky3ds carts directly from the Sky team (like any resaller does), replaced the sticker on the cart, included a cheap DS flashcart and re-sold them as theirs.

17. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Life/family/work/school? I think your expectations are a little unreasonable.

The user being eluded to is @Foxi4, an official gbatemp reporter/reviewer. While that doesn't mean he's not capable of trolling, it's unlikely.

Another user got the exact same reply, this is their default canned response to emails enquiring about continued support for the previous card. So don't get your hopes up.

18. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Not surprised one bit, they planned this very well. There current card still functions, just no games with ap checks. They now release a card that is upgradable. How convenient. I'm pretty damn sure the previous card was capable but they decided to use that as a limiting factor, than when all else fails they decided to create a card that can be updated.

Also they didn't state how to play homebrew, but stated they support the capability to do so. Funny....people better learn to read carefully

19. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Supervisor

Poland
    You are correct, what's taking so long is called "responsibilities". I work in retail and the Black Friday "period" (since these days it lasts from friday till monday for some reason) is the beginning of a stretch of graveyard shifts that lasts till the end of the Xmas season. To dispel any confusion though, I'll post this little nugget as evidence:

DSC_0079.JPG DSC_0078.JPG

Patience is a virtue, fellas! ;)

PS: Excuse the poor lighting, it's literally almost 1AM here, so my phone's flash will have to do - it's not exactly the right time of day to set up an elaborate arrangement of lights for a nice, crisp photo. ;)

20. Father Crilly

Father Crilly GBAtemp's Phoney Priest

Their website is probably gonna say "It's confirmed! Sky3DS+ works great with Ninjhax!". I'm willing to place a bet on that.

Tony_93 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - flashcart, Sky3ds,