New shell, now the bottom screen just flashes and then then shuts off

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by person66, Jun 5, 2012.

1. person66
    OP

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    So, I decided to try to replace my ds lite shell, and now I think i broke my DS lite :(
    When I try to turn it on, the green power light comes on, followed by the bottom screen for half a second, and then everything shuts off. The top screen never comes on. Would this be a signal the top screen may be the problem?
    All the ribbon cables seem to be connected, here are pics:

Ribbon Cables

I did remove the touch screen during the process, so I guess any of those connections could be the culprit, or maybe its something else. The tiny ribbon cable on the back seems to come loose very easily too, not sure if that is normal.

Anyway, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I only paid $20 for the DS lite, so it's not that big of a deal if it is unfixable, but it would be nice if I could get it to work :).

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Often times any cable or wire being slightly loose might cause a problem.
    Go through and make sure everything is fit very snog. When I was working on my DS, I left the wifi cable too loose and didn't notice it till I got it back together.
    Once I press down on it and made sure all the connections were tightened, the DS worked perfectly.

3. person66
    OP

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Nope, checkd both the wifi and the mic, same problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. jurai

Member jurai GBAtemp Fan

Both screens flash white if a bad connection is detected, the fact the top one is not suggests that it is not properly connected. The connector for the touch screen will NOT cause a failure at boot, you just wont be able to put any touch input in, I have a DS which currently has a broken touch sensor

5. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    its up lcd
    check the upper cable, if still same need to replace up lcd
    maybe when you changed shell you damaged the up lcd cable, happened to me many times